• Gloeck79
    Wow, I did not realize the Brilliant Cut Grinder came out with their larger version, I wish I new about it, sooner lol. Was wondering if any discounts available for it or if they will have one eventually cause its available for $100...lol. I love my old one but $100 for upgrade makes me think, should I buy the larger one for parents and take back my original Brilliant Cut Grinder because larger is better for them with them being older with hands. I'm thinking doing the old switch arue where the smaller one fits me fine and large better for parents or elder...lol.

https://grindersforlife.com/shop/large-brilliant-cut-grinder/
  • zibit
    They usually only offer discounts on 4/20 and black friday. Usually they're about a week long sale.
  • BestBuds
    I have grip problems at times, especially during the winter. I'm getting the large one because of that. I don't need a huge grinder but the extra size will be nice for grinding. I'm debating on waiting till 420 but I doubt I'll make it that long.
  • Gloeck79
    haha...same here, I'm debating on waiting for 420 or getting it now...lol.
  • Tdog420
    Ordered mine over 2 months ago still waiting!!!
  • Tdog420
    Anybody get a large in there hands yet??
  • Gloeck79
    I bought smaller one like a year ago, it took awhile I think I got it on sale during 420. All I know is I love the grinder and it's like butter every time and consistent ginds too. Its worth the wait, think it took 2 months or 3 to get mine too...lol. I emailed them and they said no promotions going on but said I can get 10% off if I'd like so I'm on the edge of pulling trigger on the larger one for parents. Gotta take care of them right...lol.
  • zibit
    @Tdog420 Looks like the pre-orders haven't even shipped yet. Expect them to ship in '1 or 2 weeks' according to one user who emailed them.
  • Tdog420
    def have to take care of the parents lol. I already have a normal bcg but, grind so much herb i have longed for a larger one lol.
    Thanks so much for the update. I had thought they said they were going to try and ship out around Christmas. I pumped for sure.
  • Mangu
    I got the large one after winning on their IG raffle. It’s beautiful!!! I like the grind consistency. Definitely appreciate most the smooth function and the already well-known magnetic closure system is awesome and works perfect as well :ok: let me know if you had any other question
  • Pakalolo2
    I too was fortunate enough to win the IG drawing last moth for a large BCG.

Congrats Mangu!

I emailed the GFL Team on Monday to check out the shipping status and received this:

On Dec 14, 2020, at 10:37 AM, Grinders For Life <> wrote:

Hello Dave

Almost there! :)

My apologies for the extended delay, I wanted to have your order out to you by now!
    The Large grinders are a new product and we ended up having a few bumps getting them out. We ended up getting the first few batches back from the anodizer with defects. It was really heartbreaking for us.
    The parts have been remade and we're just in the process of assembling them right now. We're hoping to ship your order this week :)

Thanks again for all of your support!

Have a great week :)

Kind regards,
    Kathleen
    GFL Team

Hope this helps

:fire: :cool: :up:
  • Mangu
    Thanks! Congrats you as well! :party:

They’ve been very responsive; being that I didn’t have to pay for mine. From my understanding some of the fancier colors are delayed. I think I got lucky because I chose a gray-scale colorway
    90qjybm9c5th4i55.png

Definitely will be worth the wait....as long as you’ve got another grinder to get you by in the mean time :lol:

So far it looks and feels pretty amazing; and judging by the overall finish these certainly look much more detailed than something like a SCS (Just comparing visible differences in the CNC’d grooves). It feels perfect sized in my hand. Also I LOVE the magnetic mechanism that holds all the parts together. Excellent design and Clearly a great deal of thought was put into these.
  • Pakalolo2
    Thanks, i do have a Ripper that I truly love...it’s a beast!

Looking forward to my BCG Rasta and comparing the two.

Dave
  • Gloeck79
    oh nice thanks for the pic for referencing size, helps alot, now I want to order it...lol. going to wait a bit though see if 420 sale.
  • Mangu
    Really love the function on this Large BGC - It’s so damn smooth feels like butter!

I find myself staring at it for longer than I actually use it :lol: like a girl at her engagement ring.

It’s about the same size as my Large 3-Piece SCS (overall dimensions) but the faceting along the top and bottom of the BGC does cause a significant reduction to the internal capacity.

I’d become accustomed to grinding down a ridiculous amount of material In my SCS and leaving it there in the chamber - picking away at it scoop by scoop over a day or two. With my BGC I find it less practical to pack very much material to grind down, because the ground herb chamber is not as ‘deep’ as the SCS and It’s not as easy to “scoop” out of without spilling.

8681czf53wdyfrkz.jpeg
    c1bkzbzvn5oreitx.png
  • Pud
    thanks for the comparison as you confirmed what I thought... and while I am sure the BCG is smooth, the large 3pc Santa Cruz Shredder is still only $75 and chops it up good enough to suit me
  • Rockytdogg

Awesome post, thanks!
    How do you like the BIG post being in the middle of the herb chamber taking up tons of space and getting in the way of packing the DynaVap, too...? That and the interior anodizing are the main things I don't like about them....

Glad you like your purchase, I have no doubt you'll make suit it your needs perfectly in no time!
  • Mangu
    you’re absolutely right....the magnet post definitely reduces that inside real estate even more - and that’s probably the main reason why it’s a little more challenging to scoop.

As far as Dynavap goes, I don’t use mine all too much nowadays, but I prefer scooping straight into into the Dynabowl and found that I preferred a 4 piece grinder since it’s easier (less annoying) to scrape against the screen at the bottom of that chamber than to scrape against anodized aluminum surface at the bottom of a 3 piece.

What did you not like about the interior anodizing? I haven’t really noticed any difference in color between Inside or outside...
  • Rockytdogg

Well, just that it's anodized at all on the inside... that's where the wear happens. I saw some high res shots early on of the anodizing wearing off on the teeth, maybe they fixed all that and made it more durable.... I've never had one in hand, so I really have no idea. Just speculating from afar...
  • Mangu
    Yeah I guess it’s not the best idea for anodizing to be anywhere near blades and probably better if I don’t use a metal scoop that could probably scratch it. But still so far so good on mine I’ll keep ya posted.
  • Field
    As far as I understand it,

Anodizing isn't like paint, it's a process that increases the natural oxide layer on the surface. It actually increases the metal's resistance to corrosion, wear and leaching (in the case of for example food applications).

So if you're worried about chips scratching off and being introduced into your bud, I think the exact same thing would probably happen and more so with a non anodized interior surface. Keep in mind that an oxide layer would form naturally regardless on said non anodized aluminium surface just not as thick nor strong.

The difference here would be with regards to the introduction of dyes into the process, I suppose an argument could be made against that, but it's probably an extremely small amount and the risk likely moot relative to the scenario above. if that scenario occurs at all.

All this to say that if you're comfortable using an aluminum grinder I wouldn't say the BCG is any worse than any other aluminium grinder. and if it's a concern then you should maybe invest in a stainless steel one instead.
  • Rockytdogg

Yeah, I assume your reply is meant for me? See, I'm not worried about chips or flakes of anodized whatever, it's more the way it looks after years "wear and tear"... Yep, aluminum is soft. One of the main reasons I like my LIFT Innovations, all the "business" parts are stainless steel. As well as no stupid post wasting space and getting in the way in the herb chamber...
  • BestBuds
    As well as no stupid post wasting space and getting in the way in the herb chamber...Rockytdogg
    This! It's the biggest part, for me, that holds me back. If it didn't have the post I wouldn't be procrastinating.
  • Field
    Ok, I see what you're saying, my bad.
    You're right, I imagine if the interior and any contact surfaces were anodized without colour or non anodized, then any wear and tear would be less visible and more likely to blend right in.
    I'm thinking of getting a BCG sometime in the future, but always worry the hematite colour is going to be way too blueish, wish they just had a charcoal grey option.
  • Mangu
    :lol: I guess consider that post the price to be paid for the advanced magnetic assembly....which is not to be overlooked.

At first I didn’t want to use my new BGC much to keep it “fresh and clean”, but now it’s getting tougher and tougher not to turn to it because it’s kinda awesome to just snap the top chamber off and drop my nugs in there then just snap the bottom off and start scooping. Hard to explain but that no-thread feature is doing its job and it’s growing on me.

@Field They’ve got so many options already it was hard for me to settle on my own color way, I guess it’ll be tough for BGC to be able to please Everyone in the ‘colors’ department. Unless they got into custom anodizing. But that’s another feature that would probably make the grinder more impossible to afford.
  • Field
    @Mangu Gotta say your BCG looks great. It's exactly one of the colour schemes I have been considering, especially since it would still look great to me whether the hematite was lighter or darker or whether it drifted between blue grey or a more gunmetal grey.

It seems like the other colours are pretty consistent, but the hematite, I get the impression is more variable. Which makes it difficult because one of the colour schemes I'd be interested in, I don't think that I would like, if the hematite ended up being too blue.
  • BestBuds
    qw52sgug5l8fca8h.jpg
    9vhixdf77q27770o.jpg
    It matches my vape cabinet!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention