• LabPong
    Im not bitching about FC....just explaining what it is to me and why I do not go there now.

So now you know the real story........lol

Back on track of the topic.......I do know many people that have been using the TB for some time....they are all happy with it.
  • androponic
    no complaints at all about it at FC other than the battery life. everyone just loves the vape quality, myself included. i am calling fake news on that one.
  • Rockytdogg

Haaaaaaaaa! Ooooooo Kkkkkkkk!!!

back on track (mmmmm, bowl of tafffy, mmmmm):

glass-bowl-of-salt-water-taffy-picture-id83311983
    stock-photo-white-background-colorful-traditional-candy-sweets-lay-flat-saltwater-taffy-64aa3144-7b68-4d5a-a9b3-b10331c84760.jpg
    Taffy-Box-2-scaled.jpg
    saltwater-taffy-4068505-hero-01-03da0961dd924e7eba247da48ad922f4.jpg
    cotton-candy-our-products-zenos-worlds-most-famous-taffy-639131.jpg?v=1603832572

NONE BETTER ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!!!!:

https://www.thegoldenrod.com/

oyfIVAZ7kb6Gvb_dq-TIq2PIi0JwwBgwJB3m0gWwgp85IouHAM40KjPtFy7On0YXyUtu1zUgdtOz9AvN=w768-h768-n-o-v1
    taffy.jpg
    Goldenrod.jpg
    66396832_2415529008508356_1649376645502468096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=_cJMZrEsrc8AX8VTqgW&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=af1e29891295fea82baac6d209d18442&oe=602534F4
  • Rockytdogg

Do I have to actually READ it for you, too?
    https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/taf%C3%A9e-bowle.49029/post-1536084
    there's some other stuff before that as well...
  • BestBuds
    I'm sorry. I have to call BS on that.

I decided it wasn't for me because of the cup, but I'm not to proud to buy just the base. However, the complaints on FC about battery life turned me off.

Now, it IS debatable that those talking about the battery life on FC portrayed it as a complaint. In fact many times they did not portray it as a complaint about the battery life. They simply said they only got four pots from a battery charge... That's not good That's unacceptable in my mind. Imagine in a year or two when the battery starts to lose its strength. You'll get one or two pots and then you'll have to charge.... Not cool.

I also watched @Bud run out of juice on live stream, knowing to watch the battery life. It confirmed my suspicion. Would I be happy with that s vape for a year, yes. Longer, probably not. That battery would start to suck, just like a dying crafty.

All, but Buds live stream, is stuff I learned from FC. :confused:
  • androponic
    nevermind. not worth the argument. whatever your tool of choice. vape it and relax a tad, works wonders. Vito is happy with his so i dont know what that FC post link is supposed to be about. Yes battery life is not great but as good as most if not all higher powered convection vapes around.
  • androponic
    @Baron23 as an owner of a few MV1’s i definitely got the queasy feeling when the crucibles came into play. haha! but no lids, top down heating, polished surface. all makes them easier to deal with and clean. its not an on the go travel device but around the house portable. i mean i dont fill a glass with a drink and take it on the go out of the house so i think it is in that usage catagory. for this the battery is good and looks to be replaceable too since its just under the top cover and plugs in. maybe mod territory as well.
  • John Cocktostone
    This has top down heating? 1 bowl is worth a 3 hour charge if it has delicious vapor to me.
  • Pud
    here's two pics posted elsewhere... the first one shows the unit upside down to show the heater screen.. the second pic shows it rightside up. Hope it helps.

g6v3ndzwhoom6901.jpeg

6gtsjyq4e3pebp8l.jpeg
  • John Cocktostone
    yeah I like that. I've found I get better hits and vapor from top down air flow. This might be worth it for a friday night flavor chasing session
  • Pud
    What are the dimensions of the puck like base?
  • Cannabliss420
    Mine is out for delivery. Less than 24hrs From Canada to Texas. Very Impressive
  • Pud
    thanks.. helps alot... same size as my grinder so easy to visualize... in the pics it looks a lot larger
  • androponic

actually its 2 7/8 in. across the top ( 2 3/4 in. across the bottom) and 1 5/8 in. thick.
    i measured across the bottom first and there is a taper to it. damn i shouldnt bowle before measuring. sorry for the edits.
  • Chuck
    I posted several pics of me holding it without the cup on FC. I prefer cupless, weight distribution feels better to me than most portables, it's held like it has a built in j-hook

But, sadly, I and others have noticed an intermittent bug. That's what I'm calling it, maybe I'm wrong:

Heater cutoff during draw, randomly, about three seconds into draw

I used to be a systems clown years ago, helping coders chase down bugs during large ERP conversions and implementations. That three seconds is just too coincidental to me, maybe a good bug hunting place to look for Tafée techies

Same time for the normal shutoff, when you don't hit it soon enough. This is the normal battery saving non-draw shutoff you can see in Bud's vid. He wasn't aware of the draw sensing tech

Couple FC folk have also reported heater staying on after ending draw -- staying on for...you guessed it, 3 seconds, rather than typical one sec

And I thought 3 was a lucky number. Apologies for my wall of babble. Stoner guesswork
  • androponic
    be careful not to accidentally cover or partially block the intake at the bottom. some are finding this may trip up the breath sensor too. also. it has been posted that this is the last week that tafee is giving free metal potters with extra crucibles along with the plastic one also with crucibles to full set buyers and free drinkware for the puck only buyers. i guess this is just for early buyers. if anyone is on the fence still. all orders get the plastic potter+ with funnel and crucibles
  • Chuck
    @androponic - yes, that was one of my first thoughts, as I posted a Choo DOH warning about blocking air intake on page 6 of that FC thread, in December

Tried to force the cutoff by blocking intake, no, no connection. Also tried to force cutoff by interrupting draw for a bit, no, that isn't the cause either

Two days ago, the shutoff happened during 3 consecutive draws. Then behaved fined after. This was on heat level 4, experimenting with short draws. Thought, "that's it, it's heat related!" Wrong again, tried all night at level 4, could not reproduce the cutoff

Yesterday, using at level 2, it cutoff again for three consecutive draws. Really frustrating, always shuts off at about three seconds into draw

Today, it cutoff, and I decided to press both buttons for battery check. When you check battery level, blue standby lights turn off, and you must single press fire button to awaken blue again. I figured this would act like a soft reboot, and sure enough, remaining draws were cutoff free

Again, I could be wrong. I did read contrary info on FC recently, but not gonna start an argument
  • androponic
    @Chuck you definitely seem like you know what you are talking about so if this is a bug hopefully it can be fixed. i have not tried to hookup to a pc to see if it is data capable or maybe a button combo to get there but hopefully it can be flashed. hope this isnt another vape where existing units cant be fixed only new ones. thatll suck. then i may definitely frankenbattery one of mine.
  • Rockytdogg

Already contemplating ripping apart your new $300 vape...? That was quick...
  • androponic

im an electronics hobbyist at heart so i may try to either get a larger capacity pack in there or wall power it with my bench supply. the price of admission for the convection vape alone is what i wanted and it delivers. im getting 6 crucibles between charges now so i like it just fine and since i have 2 of them now i rotate. with 4 screws and inside we go it is hard to not try and extend the duration between charges.
  • BrianTL
    Did you try this, I originally saw it posted by stickstones:

For those with battery issues, some possible solutions:

1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.
  • androponic

i have that saved from jerrys post. im quite happy with the way it is but i am a modder at heart so it cant be helped. thanks man!
  • Chuck
    @androponic - Thanks for the kind words. I really love the Bowle, and it pains me to write about device misbehavior, but gotta be honest -- as I experience my unit. Maybe it's a batch problem?

We would be fortunate if firmware flashing was possible, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up

One other issue, applicable to curious or rough use: Heater screen dislodges if you push it with finger or with rough brushing. Saw Bud doing his typical blowing into the stem insert hole, which usually bothers me, but it's a safer technique than using a brush. Near impossible to reseat screen properly, according to two users I read
  • androponic

yeah, im sticking to brushing too. im usually a gentle approach guy as i work on a lot of sensitive stuff too. there are only a few screws on that holding strap that keeps the heater held down. i wouldnt be scared to remove them and lift it enough to push the acreen down from above too. just to be able to fix it without messing with the temp sensor wire thats hovering just above the screen.
  • Cannabliss420
    Got mine in So far I like it. 4 pots on level 4 first charge. Vapor is so much like the ghost but without the headache. Found some uses for the cupsckmcfbv2uqgki9nd.jpg
  • Will90
    Is that bacon? lmao
  • Sonic Bacon
    Now THAT’s more like it!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention