• Bud
    Bacon Bowle!

• LabPong
    Got mine in So far I like it. 4 pots on level 4 first charge.Cannabliss420

When you do a few full cycles (full charge to full drain) the cell will have more capacity. So you should get more than 4 pots soon....maybe 5 pots when cell has been fully conditioned.
  • Baron23
    Bacon Bowle!Bud

I think I actually want one!

hahaha
    I'm so torn about this one. On the one hand I really respect the willingness to try something new, out of the ordinary, and maybe even downright risky.

On the other hand I can't help but feel like cup the design wastes space that could either be used to house a larger battery, or to make the device pocketable (all it would take would be turning the stem 90°). I think a larger battery makes the most sense because then this device would really fill a niche - a portable convection vape that actually has good battery life.

I don't buy the idea that the cup somehow makes the device more appealing to non-stoner types. I think a pax like shape fills that role better. If anything I think the stealth aspect makes the most sense to explain the cup. But I don't see that being discussed or advertised much.
  • Baron23
    I don't buy the idea that the cup somehow makes the device more appealing to non-stoner types.01867

:up: :100:
  • Rockytdogg
    (the "cup" makes the box bigger with empty acrylic space and also makes the stupid vape design look "complete" with the empty $300 acrylic cup space)

in other words, its a cheap way to round off a weird design... tie it up in a bow-le, if you will..

and you fuckers are buying it.... HAHAHAH!
    I don't think the cup was an afterthought, but rather a way to approach the design and layout without the restrictions of having to make something pocketable. Making it a cup makes it clear the intended use case (portable but not pocketable - an around the house type vape).

I just don't think a cup was the best direction. I would rather a larger battery and maybe an ash tray or herb stash on top.

The standard response to this is "you're not the intended audience" but seeing how many people there are on FC who were quick to purchase this product early on, I think the enthusiast community should always be considered. After all, it takes a lot to make it into the mainstream, and I don't think a new company like Tafee has the name recognition of something like the Pax or Volcano. Sure the designers have a lot of street cred, but the only people who know that are the enthusiasts. Not to mention the high price adds to the exclusivity.
  • Rockytdogg

not really saying an "afterthought" so much as a cheap way to fill the void left buy the design.

How is Sanctuary Medicinals, or do you go in to town or all the way out to Patriot in Lowell...?
    I've never been to Sanctuary, but I went to Patriot Care in Lowell once and it was beyond awful. The bud tasted so bad I think I gave it away to a friend.

But for the past couple years I've grown my own so I don't go to dispensaries at all. When I did go, the only place I liked was ATG in Salem but that was like 5 or 6 years ago, I'm not sure how it is today. You from the area?
  • Rockytdogg

hey man, PM if you want, I don't want to fuck up this thread with off topic chatter and there are quite a few "karen" type crybabies here, too, that will flag posts of members they don't like, like little twats and pm back and forth to each other and gang up.... haha, sad I know, sorry. But this is VAPELIFE FORUM!
  • badbee
    I really want to see if someone can custom print a puck extension. A 1.5 inch extension would be big enough for a battery maybe 4x larger, put in a clear section to carry the LED light up (or optic rods that bend it to the side) and mount it between the main puck and lid. Just a thought. It would be trivial for the manufacturer to do.
  • Cannabliss420
    @LabPong yeah first use it died half through 4th pot and after 2 full charges it now goes half way through 5th pot. I do level 4 and 4-5 draws per pot.
  • reckoner
    Just got mine. Initial impression after the first bowl - this thing is fucking nice!
  • JohnnyCanuck
    [reply=""I asked the manufacturer about our drinkware questions, and got the following response, with permission to share:

""Alcoholic drink isn't an issue for the drinkware. We took the cautions stance to avoid misconceptions we are promoting liquor paired with cannabis. But usage wise, I wouldn't be able to tell if someone used alcohol in their drinkware, so users can decide to do as they please. As long as pure alcohol isn't sitting stored overnight, it's fine.

If anyone succeeds in building condensation, nothing to bother at all. USB and lights are IP rated to protect internals. Moisture from condensations can only exist on the externals in very prolonged use with ice in drinkware and not activating the oven at all. We've tested all these scenarios. Nothing to bother about so far.

For anyone wanting hot drinks right now, we recommend they should get the small version... Less volume, less hot mass.""

Also, he acknowledged there are a lot of possibilities for the space the cup takes up. They will do more, and are open to collaborating with people with ideas."

Quoted by Stickstones Dec 29/20 from the manufacturer on FC.
  • Cannabliss420
    Been getting 4 pots and 1 dab pot per charge all on level 4. I think mesh pad is from the lotus vaporizer
    Rosin pressed with space crickets
    This thing dabs great too!mpby4mltqbzpyiut.jpg
  • Cannabliss420
    Wonder if a cooling insert or gel pack could be made and put in the gap between the cup and stem that would allow ice from cup to cool the stem. I do notice cooler vapor with ice water in cup.7b67w9s18p30w82v.jpg
  • John Cocktostone
    dang. I Thought the idea of the cup was for cooling, drinking...dual use. Maybe a steel shim coating in thin plastic?
  • Baron23
    I’m pretty sure it’s just a drinking cup.
  • Cannabliss420
    Does anyone know how to register for warranty. I don't see anywhere on tafee site. Is there a way to check battery life on unit
  • androponic
    @Cannabliss420 on the tafee site go to support at the top and scroll down to see the registration form.

to check battery hold and release both buttons at once
  • Cannabliss420
    @androponic thank you. Got it registered now,
    Love the vapor on this thing.
    I really hate the battery life, I'm having to charge 2-3 times a day.
    The vapor is so good I'm seriously thinking of buying another one without cup just to have a puck to swap with.
  • androponic

thats what i did, yup battery is the weak spot so got a second one and now with the QC3 charging i am not without.
  • Cannabliss420
    @androponic Exactly, plus they sent me a small stem and cup with my order. It's a sign from the VapeGods that I need two pucks. :rofl:
  • Cannabliss420
    2nd puck I ordered is out for delivery. Ghost battery was pretty large so I don't mind lugging around a second puck. I noticed the need when I went to neighbors house for dinner and drinks and had this thing on the charger most of the time.
  • BestBuds
    I thought it could be used while charging? Was that incorrect information?
  • Señor Negro
    I don't have one so I can't tell for sure, but as I've been reading from other users it discharges faster (dunno how much) than the charge rate.
  • androponic
    it can be used while charging but just have to be sure the battery has enough to run the heater. so like at least half charge you could vape it and it will charge at the same time. it uses QC3 fast charging so it replenishes quick. you cant do this with the battery near the 30% cutoff designed into it so the battery lifetime is the best it can be.
  • Cannabliss420
    @BestBuds wasn't sure. I think i read on fc it drains battery too quick to charge. I rather just alternate between the two. I really don't like to pass-through charging, I rather have full battery and not put that extra wear on the battery.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment