• Eric13
    I have owned one of the first Arizer Desktop units, a Vapir NO2, a Magic Flight Launch Box, a Thermovape T1, and a V2 Pro Series 3. I am ready for something new / different / better, but I don't want a big Desktop unit, nor do I want to be tethered to a power cord / wall outlet.. The Mighty & the Crafty seem like the best portables. I like the smaller size of the Crafty, but have heard about problems and not sure if they have been resolved. I also hear the battery life is not great, which would be okay if the battery was user replaceable, or if it had better Pass-Through charging. So because of those concerns, I lean toward the Mighty, even though it is bigger than I would like.

I tried to reach Storz & Bickel Customer Service by email, but did not receive a response. I tried again by email, again no response. I tried them by phone, but calls always go to voice mail, and no one has called back. Must be one guy running the California office. This bothers me, because at $400 a pop, I would like to be able to reach the company, ask a few questions, and be confident that they will be there to honor any technical or warranty issues.
  • Dinsdale
    S&B never responded to any of my emails when my Plenty broke. (Emitted sparks & smoke, then died.)
    They just sent me an RMA. After I sent it in, they never sent me any notices.
    UPS sent me a tracking number and I received a brand new unit.

My buddy needed replacement parts for his Plenty.
    He sent in an order on their website, and they never responded.
    He thought he was SOL until the parts arrived a week later with no prior notice.

When my Mighty's Power Button broke, I requested an RMA by email. No response.
    I went to their website and filled out their RMA request form and sent it. No response.
    Repeat once more. No response.
    I went to their Facebook page and bitched there, and they finally gave me an RMA with a whiny note saying my email's junk filter's screening out their email (bullshit--nothing of the sort in my Junk folder).
    Sent in the Mighty. Got no word from them.
    Got a message from Paypal saying I have to pay $130 (for something that should be covered under the warranty). Since I couldn't dispute this with Paypal, I bit the bullet and paid. (It was either that or piss away a $400 device.)
    They sent a new Mighty with no advance notice. By then I was so disgusted with S&B, I just tossed it at my buddy for $130.
    I complained to their Facebook page about the unfairness of having to pay for something that broke under normal use, and they told me to send an email to their SFO office, so I did. No response.

Yeah, fuck S&B.

If you're seriously considering the purchase of a Crafty or Mighty, PLEASE consider Boundless CF and CFX as alternatives.
    CFX equals, outperforms, and/or out-features Mighty in every way at less than half the price.
  • Eric13
    I see the Boundless CFV and the Flowermate Swift Pro are both coming out in about 2 weeks, and they look very interesting. They are very similar to each other (they seem to originate from the same source), and they look like a new smaller version of the Mighty.
  • Eric13
    I guess I jumped the gun saying that Storz & Bickel did not respond to my emails.

I sent my first email to Storz & Bickel on 10/11 and another one on 10/12, and today on 10/13, I received responses from both the office in Germany and the office in California. The responses from the Germany office were more detailed.

See attached PDF of the email from the Germany office.
    Attachment
    Gmail - Storz-Bickel - Mighty Vaporizer_Redacted (163K)
  • Eric13
    It looks like the PDF I attached to my previous post can't be accessed from an Android device, so I will duplicate that post here, but I will paste the contents of the PDF directly into the post instead of attaching it.

I guess I jumped the gun saying that Storz & Bickel did not respond to my emails.

I sent my first email to Storz & Bickel on 10/11 and another one on 10/12, and today on 10/13, I received responses from both the office in Germany and the office in California. The responses from the Germany office were more detailed.

See attached PDF of the email from the Germany office.

Date: Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 11:47 AM
    Subject: WG: Storz-Bickel - Mighty Vaporizer

Dear Eric,

thank you for your interest in our products and pardon the delayed answer.

„1) In reading online reviews, I hear that there have been some defects in the Mighty and Crafty units. Is this an ongoing problem?”

The CRAFTY and the MIGHTY have been both continuously improved since their first release. Further, we have been accommodating with malfunctions and resolved the issues to the pleasure of our customers. We are confident that you will be satisfied with either choice.

“2) Have you made changes / revisions to the Mighty since it was originally released?”

As mentioned above, we continuously improve our devices, there have been changes, but none of them effect the overall functionality.

„3) How can I tell, when purchasing from a local reseller, or an online reseller, whether I am getting a unit with the latest revisions, or whether I am receiving an older unit? Is there a revision number on the box or the unit? Can I tell from the serial number whether I am getting a unit with the most recent revisions?“

We do not work with authorized dealers and regret to say that we can’t answer your question. If you would like to make sure that you receive a genuine product and the latest model, we recommend to purchase directly with us in our online shop.

“4) If / when the batteries stop holding a charge, or degrade to the point that they need replacement, how much do you charge to replace them, assuming this occur outside of the warranty period?”

Of course we only use the best cells available on the market and most of the devices processing power is used only for battery management, however, we cannot go beyond physical limits.
    Defects due to normal use or wear are not covered by the warranty. Parts subject to wear such as batteries, screens and similar are excluded from the warranty.
    Batteries will be replaced by Storz & Bickel. The exchange is €75,00 for the CRAFTY / € 105,00 for the MIGHTY.

„5) Do you have a flat fee for repair or replacement of a unit that stops working after the warranty period, and if so, how much is the fee? If you don't have a flat fee, what might be the range of costs to repair a unit?“

We would need to inspect your unit first in order to determine the costs for a repair, many factors have to be considered here.

“6) If a unit replacement during the warranty period, will you replace it with a new unit, or a refurbished unit?”

Our replacements are never refurbished units. We replace by new, unused units.

“7) Will you honour the warranty regardless of which local store or online reseller I purchase from?”

If the device is an original Storz & Bickel Vaporizer, the warranty will be valid regardless of where you purchased it from. Please keep the invoice as a proof of purchase for warranty purposes.

“8) Will my credit card receipt be acceptable proof of purchase date, if unit should ever need warranty service?”

Please keep the invoice as a proof of purchase for warranty purposes. Credit card receipt will not be acceptable as a proof of purchase.

We hope this information is of assistance to you!

Kind regards,

Verkauf / Sales

cid:567124313@11052012-154E

Rote Strasse 1
    78532 Tuttlingen, Germany
    Tel: +49-7461-969707-0
    Fax: +49-7461-969707-7

www.storz-bickel.com

Kommanditgesellschaft, Sitz Tuttlingen
    Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 451029
    Geschäftsführer: Markus Storz, Jürgen Bickel
  • Baron23
    Seems like a pretty inclusive and reasonable response to me. How did you react to it?
  • Eric13
    I think the response is good. Detailed answers, which I like. Not thrilled that if batteries need replacement, the cost is around $90, and not thrilled with the fact that the batteries are apparently excluded from the warranty, so even if they fail in some way during the first 2 years, the consumer still has to pay to have them replaced.
  • VapeCritic
    i'm kinda looking forward to a portable vape dethroning these guys - still at the top with 2 year old units :-}
  • VapeCritic
    kinda crazy to also think about how old the Volcano is and where that ranks :-O
  • Hitz
    Hey man if it ain't broke...

But yeah it would be exciting to see some more innovative devices in the works to make the sleeping giant up their game!
  • Kallapryy
    My experience with S&B Service:

After almost a full year of excellent service, my Mighty begun to show signs of structure failure. Over a two week period small pieces of plastic surrounding the top of the unit where the cooling get chamber connects, and on some of the plastic side pieces begun to break off. I went to their website site, filled out all the necessary info and received a confirmation/shipping label to return my unit for repair. Sent in just the main unit per instructions on the 15th. On the 19th I received a email notifying get my unit arrived. On the 21st I received an email stating a return had been shipped back to me which I received today, the 26th. In my box was a new box, my repaired Mighty and a new cooling unit and poke tool.
    There were some small changes with mentioning from my old unit compared to my new one worth noting. The outer plastic she'll had been replaced and I have a new serial number. The orange power button is different size and shape than my previous one. The vibration function also has changed. Instead of a long vibration before the unit cuts off, you get a smaller burst of vibrations and then a longer one. Other than that the unit functions like normal. Now to try it out with my new dosing capsules.
  • tbonetoker
    Hmm, well the Evo is for sure on par with the Volcano, both are great I might give the volcano a bit of an edge since it's easier to load and clean overall, and the only thing that can really break is the bag (poking a hole) or the easy valve plastic housing which only costs 9$

The evo you can break the bamboo which can be 70$ or so to repair. A good price to repair but still.

Anyways..

my father is going to get my a portable unit any unit I want so we kind of decided on the IQ but then my father figured we may as well get the Crafty since it's close in price, then he figured we should get the Mighty for the same reason, the mighty is close to the crafty is close to the IQ lol..

Anyways, it should be a nice xmas gift I imagine, sometimes he just surprises and says, let's go so it could be any day.

I have never tried a plenty but I own a volcano, I have heard the mighty is like the plenty.
  • Baron23
    The evo you can break the bamboo which can be 70$ or so to repair. A good price to repair but still.tbonetoker

What bamboo?

I have a Volcano Digit and will not give it up. Its perfect for vaping a bit when making dinner, having people over, etc. The Evo, however, hits like a sledge hammer. Not a casual pass around vape to me, but something I would definitely like for those "go big or go home" moments! LOL
  • tbonetoker
    The bamboo is the glass inside of the evo.

I don't find the evo or volcano smash me any more one or the other, but I see what you're saying haha. I also would say though, that the evo is perfect for one on one situations. Like you and your woman/man , or your best friend and yourself.
  • Baron23
    Yes, I agree....fine for a couple of folks who know how to use one (Evo, that is). Maybe not so great at a party or BBQ! LOL

Ah...bamboo...but its glass :s LOL Thanks...yes, I can see this breaking if the vape was dropped badly. I didn't know it was called the 'bamboo'. Thanks for the clarification. :D
  • Siddigger
    Get the Mighty absolutely. Battery life sucks but improves through the use. Still sucks. Wish they would get a updated battery I could install. A 650 would be the same size as their 550 and I am sure there is much better battery's out there. No excuse at $350. This is good for a short solo cruise not home use with company. I get about 7 to 8 minutes of use including warm ups. Maybe I have a bad battery. Need at least 15 minutes to be useful. End up just using a sub $100 pen most. My Gravity lasts forever. This is not a ripper by any means. What I get I like but not very effient as it really goes through the stuff but it is very smooth with a nice clean high hard to put in words. I would be very happy with the mighty, should have done my research.
  • Magicman
    Wow is it finally time for the magicman?
    Crafty warranty responce is super sucky. However if you follow their instructions for warranty repair/replacement it will happen sometimes with a charge for "excessive use".
    Version 1.10 or greater seem to have less electronical problem. These heat up faster, hold charge longer, charge faster, and overheat less.
    My current problem is the reinforced locking mechanism plastic popped of on one side and is tearing on the other. Being as I am currently cleaning up for.drug test, i have plenty of time to send back again.
  • Magicman
    In the words of the 17 time world champion ...
    IN ORDER TO BE THE "MAN", YOU MUST BEAT THE MAN!
    Crafty is still the man. Don't fool yourself.
  • Al Vaper
    The Mighty is by far the superior Vape around today. Others come close but the Mighty is still the best by far. My warranty was taken care of straight away when the plastic shell broke .
  • Sue
    love my crafty ..... all day long. Have had it less than a year and no issues ... I hope that continues.
  • Chandler
    i'm kinda looking forward to a portable vape dethroning these guys - still at the top with 2 year old units :-}VapeCritic
    Agreed. is the IQ nice enough to take its spot??? if S&B's warranty was 10 years, i don't think i'd have any issue with my Crafty. at the least i'd respect the price tag more!

After almost a full year of excellent service, my Mighty begun to show signs of structure failure. Over a two week period small pieces of plastic surrounding the top of the unit where the cooling get chamber connects, and on some of the plastic side pieces begun to break offKallapryy

My warranty was taken care of straight away when the plastic shell broke .Al Vaper

My shell has broke in the front where the cooling unit connects. Yall telling me if i send it in they'll send me back a new one?? i might try this soon and ask for the upgrade to MIGHTY.

love my crafty ..... all day long. Have had it less than a year and no issues ..Sue
    how many hours are you at Sue? You have a FF2 as well no? which do you prefer more, Crafty or FF2?
  • Sue
    i have 19hrs right now. I prefer the Crafty over anything else portable. Yes .... over the FF2. Even though the FF2 has better flavor, the crafty has more consistent vapor and its very simple to use. If i could only buy one it would be the Crafty. I also have their volcano and love that too.
  • Kallapryy
    "My shell has broke in the front where the cooling unit connects. Yall telling me if i send it in they'll send me back a new one?? "

I can't speak for anyone else, but like I said...mine was repaired/updated. They replaced the outer plastic shell with the new type, the power button, and the vibration function is different. The herb chamber though I know for a fact is the same one I sent them due to the discoloration. I can't speak for the rest of the internal parts. I do have a new serial number, but my guess is they only updated common points of failure.
  • Chandler
    If i could only buy one it would be the Crafty.Sue
    That says it all!! 19hrs? its still brand new!!

They replaced the outer plastic shell with the new type, the power button, and the vibration function is different. The herb chamber though I know for a fact is the same one I sent them due to the discoloration. I can't speak for the rest of the internal parts. I do have a new serial number, but my guess is they only updated common points of failure.Kallapryy

very interesting. so they basically took off the old and put new clothes on top of the herb chamber?
    thinking about sending mine in. think i need to find out exactly when my 2years is up, then plan around that time to send it back. besides long heatup times (i need to time this) performance is still top notch.
  • Chandler
    297cyqpyajouf2mx.jpg
    kljdza4zl2gbj589.jpg

Worthy of a repair?
  • Cl4ud3
    Worthy of a repair?
    lol either that or a clean
  • Chandler
    @Cl4ud3lol. True! someone was talking about how to get the bottom screen out. if i showed you my herb chamber you might say 'Yikes'! lol..... she functions beautifully though!
  • Cl4ud3
    Clean vape does give a better taste but if it's just the chamber it should be ok :) I have a weekly routine now of vape cleaning, its quite therapeutic.
  • Chandler
    @Cl4ud3 i agree with you. i always feel nice when i've done a thorough cleaning on my vapes. my main clean for crafty is the cooling unit. changing out a used one for a clean one is always refreshing. while i deal with the CU, i often neglect the bowl. i did just pick up a magic eraser though so i can get that job done!
  • nickbashans
    I think it will be some time before anyone takes down the Mighty/Crafty. Look at the companies track record. They have had the best desk top for ages, Then the plenty falls into a close second (for a whip best around). There first portable units have been #1 and #2 since they came out. I hate shelling out the money but I havent found anything better. I have yet to try the crafty but I am sure its as good as you all say. I have a Mighty, Volcano dial( old school had it 10+ years), and my Plenty that I got last year. Yet to find a vape that I am more happy with.

After 3 months with the Mighty I did have to send it in for a replacement. Took about a month to get it back after sending it out. I was charged a shop fee as well. It was around $100 buck if i remember right.

went all "Nature Boy" on us, I like it. Whooo!
  • Chaotix
    I live in Germany, bought a used volcano classic for about 100€ "as is" off eBay.

Of course it was louder and slower but it worked. I wrote them and they asked me for the serial. It had none on it. Now they wanted me to send it in asap..

I called them and said I didn't know what model, serial or what it had cost.

They gave me a serial to put in "C000001" and enter the year I remember it was bought and also 299€

Well when they got it they said that model was over 10 years old, they couldn't get a pump replacement part and offered me a brand new classic for 199€ or a digit for 299€.

Awesome. If what you have is real, they told me, then they will always service it. unfortunately they just answered my question about when a new SB vape is coming out with the insight that they "not only take comments and reviews of their products very serious but also intend to implent these suggestions into new product generations."
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment