• dab
    Hi, I've been looking, unsuccessfully, for a stand to securely hold a j-hook in an upright position. Any links to something that would work for this would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Cl4ud3
    You might get some luck if you search for pipe stands. I don't think I've seen a product specifically for glass J-hooks. Maybe someone else might know of one though.
  • Hippie
    Lots of handmade ones to choose from on etsy if you search for pipe stand

I think I'm gonna buy a Sneaky Pete or Vapocane cane gun j-hook with some feet on the base so I don't have to think about choosing a stand.
  • dab
    Thanks, I have been searching, but haven't found anything specific to a j-hook. Want the angle to be such that the bowl sits straight up. Also seeking a bit of security for the pipe to protect against the occasional wandering cat.
  • dab
    I've checked etsy in the past, but I'm back browsing there again. Maybe I can find something I can work with.
    I like the j-hooks with the feet, but I already have 3 j-hooks now.
  • BestBuds
    the pipe holders that look like a belt in a teardrop loop shape work well
  • dab
    Thanks, I'm looking at those. Someone on the FC j-hook thread suggested looking at Churchwarden style stands. Have you tried the belt style? I'm wondering about the stability.
  • BestBuds
    I have. You got to find a deep one for sure. It's stable for setting a jhook and a lotus down without it tipping. As for cat proof... Cats are mean MFers so I can't help you there. A churchwarden style stand seems a good idea too
  • dab
    Think this will do the trick?

syhjgtqnk9nn6ovd.jpeg

I have 2 different styles of j-hook, one from Grav and a couple from Bud's store.

ng6t85tog89lb7dt.jpeg
  • BestBuds
    it looks perfect for the grab Jhook! Good find! :cool:
  • dab
    Thanks! Appreciate your help!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url