• Hapo
    ...these are in stock for you high rollers but you better hurry...only two left...

https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-WATERFORCE-Thunderbolt-GV-N3090IXEB-24GD-External/dp/B08R594ZX1

81j%2BOjZ92aL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

...talk aboot diminishing returns...!!!... :grimace:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3090-vs-Nvidia-RTX-3080/4081vs4080

Referral link removed
  • birdplane
    that's why they're in stock ;)
    diminishing returns

and that form factor.. (not the best)
    ...but for you high rollers: :smile: :up:
  • Cl4ud3
    You seem to post a lot of stuff here that you don't know much about :rofl: Maybe have a look at some good websites like PCpartpicker and look at customer reviews and recommendations.
  • Señor Negro
    Seems like it's not only about spreading missinformation like some other people love so much to do.
    If I'm not wrong that link is an affiliate judging for that ".../ref=sr_1_5..." in it.

Just for your info to anyone who may be interested in this: If you have doubts as if a link is a referral and you prefer not to accept that person making money on your purchase (specially for those that try to hide or not tell that's an affiliate link) try to look on your own with that site's search engine based on the title of the article you want to purchase. Or just delete all the "ref=..." part to just leave that link (or any other) like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-WATERFORCE-Thunderbolt-GV-N3090IXEB-24GD-External/dp/B08R594ZX1/

By the way that's an external GPU meant to be used for laptops or "mobile" PCs. Not that it's precisely very portable but that way you don't have to worry about cooling issues in a tiny case/laptop.
    Not recommended at all if you have a full cased PC because it's obviously way more expensive.
  • Hapo
    ...I just post it that because it seemed so absurd it was interesting...very interesting...

...it would actually suit my "needs" perfectly...

...two in stock does not strike me as plentiful but it could be a ploy...

...I had never seen nor considered an external GPU until moments before posting this...

..the bottom link compares the 3080 (sweet spot) and 3090 (top dog) GPU's, not the external GPU box device...

...most people cannot get their hands on current NVidia GPU's anyway...
  • Cl4ud3
    I originally wondered if he had shares in Dell :rofl:

Wrt Dell. They might be ok products but I don't know anyone who would buy one, especially for a gaming PC. I understand they do finance and companies buy them for work but there are a lot better choices out there. Also posting one product or another being almost out of stock is sort of pointless here unless someone was looking for something in particular. This thread will be never ending with junk that's almost out of stock otherwise.

I'd rather you asked a question if you need help or found something interesting and not just post pointless links.
  • Hapo
    ...what's pointless aboot showing people exactly what I am talking aboot...???...

...I just bought a Dell gaming system...I could not afford something better...

...I will just stop posting if I am annoying you...no one else seems to have much to say...
  • Cl4ud3
    I didn't tell you to stop posting I just pointed out the links you are posting with almost out of stock items might not be helping anyone here. You would be better off asking questions rather than just linking one Dell laptop after another.

I'm not having a go at your lack of choice either but you might have had better luck with a gaming computer if you had asked for help first. There seems to be a few here who would give you much better advice than I could.
  • Cl4ud3
    I've removed a couple of referral links from the posts here as @Señor Negro pointed them out. I don't know if they were customer referrals for the referral program or internal Ref numbers used to track search results.
    Please only put up clean links from now on this isn't the place to try and drum up referral sales.
  • Hapo
    ...I don't know anything aboot clean links nor am I involved in any referral bullshit...

...I was just trying to generate interesting content that would provoke informed replies...

...enjoy the thread...Hapo out...
  • Cl4ud3
    Did you see me reply to you or tag you in any way ? no. It was a general statement about links on the site. I even stated they could have been search reference numbers and not referral program numbers as was pointed out.
    If you want to act like a scolded child about it that is up to you.
  • Bud
    @Señor Negro normal amazon links have the ?ref= in them, hapo isnt posting affiliate links
  • Señor Negro
    As I said I may be wrong but there's no harm in erasing the "ref" part just in case, as links still work that way.
  • Gloeck79
    Laptop, for gaming, I'm all about Acer. You get what you pay for with them, IMO of course lol. I have a 3-5 year old one, think I can play games on it still. The best thing about the Acer, well when I was looking, it had the best upgrades as in harddrive. Meaning can upgrade them by taking apart the back. So I have 1 TB in my laptop and then I have like 5 TB external to backup pictures etc. I partition my hard drives too. So solid state drive I use only for loading apps, programs etc. Other solid state I use solely for gaming. I partition the solid drive to organize my files, so I have cookies internet stuff save here, then any graphic design stuff save in different locations.

I don't use my laptop anymore to game, I use it for work, designing, editing etc. I find I can get away with getting a laptop taking less space or room.

is 100% correct, you would be better off getting a tower for the best, but paying and constantly upgrading computers etc...I now just go with console for gaming. I find I spend less money this way.

It's the old battle though, console vs computer/laptop. I enjoy controllers, but with the new consoles, mice/keyboard should technically work. My theory is this, the average consumer buys a new computer every 3-5 years. For $500, I can buy a new PS5 enjoy 120fps (as consoles making the standard to 120fps) with 4-8k. To me, a no brainer, console is the cheaper way to go, not as in cheap sucky, just more bang for the buck as in usage. Sure PC gaming is great too, I'm not going to sit and say its not, cause wouldn't be fair. There are great games and amazing specs for PC gaming, I just find it, with a HDR TV @4k @120fps (obviously would be more for exclusive games), but that's just me. A new TV will cost, but it will last you 8-10 years or till the next standard of gaming changes. Remember 8k is the highest the human eye can handle.

If you want a screaming machine, I say build it yourself a tower, what I use to do, when building a PC was a pain I'm the ass, now it's just plug and play...lol. Just research the motherboards, chipsets, graphics card and hard drives. The other thing for me, was spending so much on graphics cards to play games to me just sucked constantly looking to upgrade to run the next good games.

I hope that helps, Dell has some good laptops, Alien, I'm a Acer person. It's all about what your needs are and wants etc...this is all my opinion of course :wink: .
  • SirSixPence
    Ready for todays build.
  • Hapo
    ...I wish I saw this before... :yikes:

...the Ironic part is that Dell sells/builds Alienware...
  • PuffItUp
    https://www.logicalincrements.com/

https://pcpartpicker.com/

build your own, save some money, and enjoy adult legos - then spend the extra on tarkov and weed and come play with me (ZAKKERS in tarkov)
  • Ogie
    Buy some Crafties or Mighties from PuffItUp with the money you've saved :))))

Seriously tho, it's cool that someone from PuffItUp posts in these threads let alone a pc building one. That's awesome
  • Hapo
    ...my goodness...!?!... :rofl:
  • PuffItUp
    Dude I've been building PC's since I was 8 years old, its SO addictive. I used to go dumpster diving and grab old pc's companies threw out so I could frankenstein them into decent rigs and sell them on craigslist haha

I love love love the gaming industry and was a part of it for 4 years, played on 2 competitive teams for CSGO and COD. Never had my moment to shine and become internet famous but I'm sure there are VODs out there on youtube with my old screen names somewhere.

BF3 I did have a video or two that went viral for javelin squad, we were the original on jurgencutters that everyone loved on youtube
  • deep_meditation
    I’m in a situation where I’ll be away from home for a month to a month and a half and possibly a longer period recovering from surgery. I’ve thought about getting a gaming laptop anyway. What do you all think about going all out and buying one in the 4-5k price range. What’s a good way to figure out how much power I’ll need? I’m not a professional gamer and probably never will be. Right now I’m mostly playing on the PS4. I play Rockstar games and others like Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us, A Way out, Little Nightmares, Man of Medan, etc. I do not play FPS games like COD but I do go into Survival Series on GTA and pvp in modes RDR2. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I’ll need to purchase accessories and I’m factoring that in to the price. I’ll probably need to get my own hotspot... I don’t think the hospital will allow gaming on their network and I definitely don’t want that to happen.
  • Ogie
    CS:GO
    respect.
  • PuffItUp
    Best game ever, especially pre patch with the AWP. That thing was godlike.
  • PuffItUp
    The general rule of thumb is to find a desktop you like, then double the cost for nearly the same performance on a laptop. They run hot, they don't last as long due to that, and their parts are WAY more expensive. Desktops will save you money, and can be more easily upgrade, but I know they aren't for everyone
  • Gman
    not to mention they are loud. Those small fans run fast and hard.
  • Ogie
    You would have to figure what are the ways to get the best chance of scoring a 5600x and 3080. After you score those I would try to figure out the rest of the build, starting with the case. And then I would do some research the best OLED, 4k, high refresh rate "monitor" for your computer, which is really a tv. For accessories, I would get a nice audiophile "headphone" and a nice mic if you do multiplayer online. For keyboard, a custom mechanical with the switches, keycaps, and frame, that you like. For the mouse a Logitech Superlight. For the seat I hear Herman Miller and Steelcase make the best ones. I think Ikea is the best desk. And for lighting you could go Philips Hue or Nanoleaf or both :).
  • Ogie
    Sorry I got excited and completely ignored the part where you said you needed something for the hospital. I'd just get something that had one of the new 30 series gpu's.
  • PuffItUp
    I definitely skipped that part too... I blame weed
  • Ogie
    I blame lack of weed :)
  • Ogie
    I just saw 4-5k and went crazy
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist