• SirSixPence
    https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/what-to-know-about-new-york-states-weed-legalization-rollout/
    On Wednesday, New York lawmakers struck a deal to legalize recreational marijuana, with Gov. Andrew Cuomo calling the move “essential” to the state’s economic well-being.

The potential green-light comes after infighting between Democrats foiled attempts to pass a pot bill in 2019 and 2020 — but the new agreement is a sign New Yorkers may soon be able to lawfully light up.

Here’s the scoop on the groundbreaking bill and how the rollout would work.

What does New York’s 2021 recreational weed bill allow?
    All New Yorkers over the age of 21 will be able to buy up to 3 ounces of pot — roughly the equivalent of 250 joints — for their personal enjoyment.
  • SirSixPence
    If it passes, legal marijuana could be sold in licensed dispensaries as soon as December 2022.
  • Mangu
    This has been interesting to live through, to say the least. Interesting also to see how Cuomo plays poker with NY politics :sweat: My dream is to buy affordable medication from a legal New York dispensary and enjoy it to my heart’s content, but these a-holes are talking about taxing $0.03 per mg of thc in the flower :rofl: My heart will not be content after that type of taxing - I just want to enjoy my herbs in peace but this New York “legalization” trip is really sucking the fun out of everything
  • SirSixPence
    Illinois weed taxes are crazy high if you dont have a medical card and they are not giving them away like California. We dont even honor some other states med cards.
    BT_2020.01.08_weedtax-1.png
  • Mangu
    That’s legitimately horrifying. Like they’re conducting taxidermy on cannabis legalization. All we get are the stuffed carcasses of what should be a completely legal industry in the first place - all this just so the politicians can eat by taking food straight from our plates. This is baffling to me
  • SirSixPence
    Legalize it
    And We gonna taxize it
    Legalize it, yeah, yeah
    And I will advertise it

Some call it tampje
    Some call it the weed
    Some call it marijuana
    I CALL IT MF GREED.
  • Will90
    The geriatric that lives in the white house hates weed
bold