• Doc Greene
    I talked to davinci about a week ago. They told me the flavor chamber gets just as hot as the oven and you can vape your herbs. But the idea was to put maybe lavender or chamomile or green tea in the flavor chamber to impart different types flavors into your vape experience.
  • Doc Greene
    That's just what one Staff member told me
  • Baron23
    Thanks Doc. Maybe not an vetted official position but its from DiVinci while all I could do was guess! LOL

Cheers
  • Green
    @VapeCritic So the real question is.... would you still pick the mighty over the IQ?
  • milo
    Looks like a great vape, but the need to fill it (at least for best results) and finish it in one session makes it not ideal for light solo users like me. Too bad the ball can't push further into the oven.

These videos are great but listing the cons on screen while talking about the pros started overwhelming me a little. Could just be me.
  • VapeCritic
    flavor chamber def doesnt get as hot as oven unless ive completely lost my mind
  • VapeCritic
    probably cus i REALLY like the vapor strength from the crafty/mighty, its still a tiny step above these other ones, its that convection thrown in there
  • VapeCritic
    great feedback and i agree, its tough producing these vids and trying to cram as much info as i can into a reasonable amount of time, but thats my job so i'll be workin on it!
  • Doc Greene
    I was a bit skeptical when he told me that. Well as long as it gets up around 280 should be good. I want to try chamomile with my medicine.
  • VapeCritic
    that should work great!
  • Baron23
    VapeCritic So the real question is.... would you still pick the mighty over the IQ?Green

↪Green
    probably cus i REALLY like the vapor strength from the crafty/mighty, its still a tiny step above these other ones, its that convection thrown in there
    VapeCritic

Ah....if you still favor the crafty/mighty then why do you have the IQ in first place! ;) 8-)

Best Portable Vaporizers:

DaVinci IQ $275
    Mighty $400
    PAX 2 $200
  • VapeCritic
    GOOD QUESTION

Keepin me on my toes 8-) 8-)

On a personal level, which is how I answered Green's question, I usually prefer the strength of the vapor from the Crafty & Mighty, but that doesn't mean I always use them or they're the most practical to use in all scenarios. Also many people, including myself, are getting fed up and turned off with all the defect issues they have.

Overall I feel the IQ is actually a better vape for most people, I think it has what more people want than the Mighty does, so even though I personally will use them an even amount now I'm presenting the IQ as the most well-rounded and best option for most people. Although I wouldn't say that the other vapes are far behind at all.

But of course I always recommend people watch at least 2 of my reviews to see the important differences between my top picks, because in all honestly I feel that even if you have one of them it'd still be cool to have the others to mix up the experience.

I actually give the IQ and Crafty/Mighty the same rating now (Tier 1 Top Pick) but the reason I listed the IQ first is above, and they really do provide pretty different vaping experiences so it's VERY difficult for me to flatly say one is better than the other.
  • Dogster
    Should I go IQ or Crafty - that's what I'm asking myself? Is this the conduction vs convection thing where convection will be a more favorable experience?
  • VapeCritic
    My post seconds above yours might help!
  • Baron23
    Thanks for the very informative answer, Bud.

?
  • Dogster
    Thanks Bud. After reading the info all I heard in my head was - that I should get\try both :-)
  • Steteve-o
    I have never used a back before at 57 I've been enjoying the sweet flowers and was a little disappointed in the airvape xs. So I bought it and sold it. I know see the new davinci review. And it moves ahead of the crafty!? That says allot coming from you. The vape shops around me don't carry the good stuff, just the cheap stuff.
    I don't get it 2016 in Florida? However they all follow you and they don't have a clue they must think everyone is broke? Wow!!! So i see the new davinci product is this the one to buy? Looking for a home travel on bike unit. Is this the one, considering everything that's coming out? Money not the issue, long lasting, good battery strength, maybe replaceable battery? Glass or ceramic oven, glass or ceramic pathway, and not a fan of bowl under mouthpiece, just to hot by third hit. What is the best unit and won't change for awhile?
    Thank you.
  • Dogster
    @VapeCritic - did the IQ get hot to hold during your testing/use?
  • trulukkyphrank
    Hi Bud, great review as always! I watch many reviewers in the vape scene and must say yours are simlpy the best for what I'm looking for, real feedbacks with no influence.

I got a question, I'm a pax2 user and was looking to get the pax3,. a reason is the better battery, it's never enough right!
    After your review I was blown away by the IQ, I also saw ont there site that it can be set on every temp you want, not like the pax that is locked between 360F to 420F. I like the option to set the temp a bit lower than 360F for daytime hits. Now the point is, I use the Pax2 only with the pusher (had to buy it after one of your reviews, increased my vape experience so much!! Thanks). The pusher allows me to use very small amounts of herbs and keep the vape production still very good. So is it possible to use the IQ with very small amounts of herb? does the ball has a use to act like the pusher? or is there an option to add something similar to the chamber like the pax has the pusher?

I'm really about to like the IQ, but the herb amount needed for a nice experience is a big point to me.

I hope you can help me and sorry for my bad english.. I'm swiss..

keep up your outstanding work Bud!
  • Baron23
    I think your English is outstanding, really. X-)

Of course we need Bud to answer, but if you looked at his review, you saw the zerconia ceramic ball that is attached to the over cover. This ball screws in/out a bit on a threaded stem from the lid. Screw it out, smaller load. Screw it all the way in (in toward the lid) and its a full load.

I don't know how big an adjustment you can make with this ball....e.g. 1/2 of a full load? 2/3 full load?? Maybe Bud can tell us.
  • trulukkyphrank
    haha Thank you for that kind words! :D

I saw a comment where he stated the ball can be adjusted just for some millimiters.. I don't know how thsi affects the effective size of the oven, but if the ball is able to pack it down to a 1/2 full load maybe 1/3 I'm totally in!
  • VapeCritic

Hey guys here's my full explanation of the oven ball: http://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/7979

And here's the specific part about whether or not it can be used as an oven spacer:

I think the idea was for this to maybe act as an oven spacer, but it is not really effective like that, there's only a few millimeter difference between the ball being fully screwed in and it being extended the farthest out.

So the ball never really goes that far inside the oven, and I actually do not recommend leaving the ball on just a few threads (extended) because it makes it even easier to fall off and lose.

I still recommend fully packing the oven to the top rim and packing it firm, and then when you close the ovel lid the zirconia ball applies a tiny bit of pressure to your herb (just a tad) and seals the oven better for the 360 heating.
    VapeCritic
  • VapeCritic
    so i'd say ~0.2g minimum in the oven for good results and for best results pack it full and tight with ~0.3g
  • VapeCritic
    it stays comfortable to hold for about 12-15 minutes of straight usage and then it starts to warm up a bit on the outside but never really gets super hot

i'd recommend giving it just a 5 minute break between sessions
  • VapeCritic
    Hey man this vape is super super nice, literally everyone I've had tried it has liked it, but it's not the only nice vape in the pipeline so it's just a matter of how long you wanna wait -- but honestly this one is really cool and unique and would be good to have in any collection.
  • Baron23
    so i'd say ~0.2g minimum in the oven for good results and for best results pack it full and tight with ~0.3gVapeCritic

THIS is something they should fix and do so immediately. While many poo-poo conduction compared to convection, I personally think conduction is still a very valid approach (and I have a couple of great convection vapes). HOWEVER, the issue with conduction vapes needing to be fine grind, full load, tamped down is one significant draw back (along with not being very good for "one hit, done, and run" type vaping.

On the Pax, this was first resolve by New Vape with great presser oven doors that let you reduce the chamber size. In the Pax 3, they seemed to see the value of this (as well as the opportunity to push New Vape to the side) and now offer chamber reduction kit. DiVinci has most of what they need to do this BUT they need to make it workable. Perhaps lengthen the stem the Pearl is on, make it out of something hard enough to take good precision threads, and make it so that you can close down chamber size to at least a 1/2 with the Pearl.

I like conduction vapes, especially for passing around. I like the features of this IQ. However, I really don't want a vape I need to pack .3 g in to fully load and get optimal performance.

@VapeCritic - Bud, if you have any contacts at DiVinci, you may want to consider making this a strong recommendation.
  • Hitz
    Agreed, this device has been thought out very well with just a few "opportunities" for improvement. I really like the smart paths feature and hope to see more vapes doing something like this in the future.
  • trulukkyphrank
    you speak right from my heart!
  • trulukkyphrank
    thanks for the explanation Bud, and maybe you have an open ear from what said ;)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment