• Steteve-o
    Thank you Vape Critic. So let's say I don't want a collection of vapes just one to take out for a couple rounds while doing outdoor activities and being at home and just micro dosing. Money not the issue, has to produce nice cool clean (taste like it smells) vape. What would you get, out what would you wait for coming down the pipeline?
  • pendragon
    this is a good one to and it has an app for your android phone. http://amzn.to/2eLn01r
  • trulukkyphrank
    maybe newvape can help us out like they've done with the pax!
  • Rickdickulous
    Fantastic review! I have one question:

If the battery is dead, can the unit still be used while plugged in and charging?
  • ElleB
    You had recommended the airvape xs -- and said you had helped out the company with suggestions to improve it from the last version. How does the airvape xs compare to the IQ (Pros and Cons) and which would you recommend?
  • Dogster
    @vapecritic I'm going to make a selection soon, and I have on my short list the IQ, Crafty, and to consider also a FF when they quality under control.

It seems each are good for different things and how you plan to use them. If I could get a few short sessions from IQ and crafty with less material - As well as longer sessions with their normal oven amount - that would be versatile. Can liquid pads be used with flower together to use less and have the shorter hits with those 2?
  • Nacho257
    I don't think the IQ works with concentrate from what we currently know.
  • trulukkyphrank

I send a mail to the guys at davinci about the oven chamber size and the option to customize the size for smaller amounts of herb. This is the Answer from them:

Thank you for the email, I went to my supervisor and technician with the questions that were asked. Yes that is correct it will not minimize the chamber to that little but the chamber itself is not as big as our Davinci Ascent so its really not to big to begin with. At the moment I do not believe there will be a replacible and bigger ball to minimize the bowl capacity I do apologize for that but like I said the development department did take that into consideration so they developed the IQ to not have that big of a chamber. I hope this helps with answering your questions :)

maybe they push the development if more people talk to them ;)
  • Dogster
    Yes, but I was wondering if using the pad to put less flower into the oven would work.
  • Baron23
    thanks mate. Not the answer I wanted to hear but I thanks for digging it up.

I think this is a bit short sighted of them. People are, for dang good reasons, getting into micro-dosing and often .1 g is a LOT to many of these type vapers much less a .2-.3 g chamber.

While I like KISS as a design philosophy, these vape manf need to understand how people actually use these devices (which is NOT just to pass around between 3-4 people) and provide the needed flexibility in chamber size to accommodate this.

Still may be on my list to supplant my FM Pro for sessions but I wish I could get the chamber size down to work really well with .1 g or so.

Cheers
  • Magicman
    .1 grams...
    70 sessions/.25 oz?
    pfft
  • Magicman
    bats work best with .1g. give up vaping if you expect results from .1g.
    will .1g even fill a bat?
  • Baron23
    I have no idea what you are talking about, mate. A Grasshopper, for example, holds just about .1 g. Talk about bats, the VapCap holds .05 g. I can run my Volcano with .15 g.

Yeah, .1 isn't a lot for some folks, but small loads are something conduction vape companies need to work on since the herb keeps baking even when not hitting.
  • Chandler
    give up vaping if you expect results from .1gMagicman

lol. funny statement. everyone has different habits, needs, tolerences and devices. i might've thought like this a year ago when my only major vaping experience was with my Crafty, but now that i spend so much time with my vapman, i never vape more than a .05 - .1, as that's its max capacity. Not to mention, i'm well medicated off of .05 (which still blows my mind every time!) Truly, vapman changed/further enlightened my understanding of herbs and the efficiency of vaping. Its efficiency also killed any qualms i may have had over conduction vs convection.

@Baron23 I hope they come with a solution to reduce the chamber size, i too understand that 'more' isn't necessarily necessary, but It looks like Davinci has created something special. Us as consumers we always want perfection, sometimes we just have to accept a great thing the way it is. Like Crafty for example, so many flaws, yet such awesome vapor production
  • Baron23
    sometimes we just have to accept a great thing the way it isChandler

I don't disagree, mate. This doesn't kill the IQ for me. But I would like to see it in the field and have some reports on it to consider.

Cheers
  • Rickdickulous
    A mesh filter of some sort could be used to take up space in the chamber, effectively diminishing bowl size. That's what I'm planning to do when I get my IQ. ;)
  • Dogster
    @Rickdickulous me too
  • dontmindme
    @VapeCritic I was wondering if you could measure the diameter (in millimeters) of the chamber for me? Thanks
  • Dogster
    Preordered the IQ. Of course with Bud's link. I had a question. Called, Andrew answered the phone quickly and took care of it. Good start.
  • Baron23
    Hi - yep, thanks. I would go with a S&B reduced chamber/dosing chamber liquid pad (basically SS pad pre-formed, yeah?).

But I find that to be a PIA as herb get stuck there, ect. I'm sure I will find the IQ to be fine as it is natively. Just think its a bit short sighted of them to not recognize trend toward micro dosing and dose control.

Cheers
  • Rickdickulous
    That's a good point. I'm sort of hoping the extra pads from my Vapir Prima will fit ok.
  • VapeCritic

DEAD ON (about the oven spacer)

This reco has been made to both DaVinci and NewVape, now we must wait... 8-)
  • VapeCritic
    I would get the IQ b/c unless something pops out of left field this should be the best portable u can get ur hands on for at least a few months.
  • VapeCritic
    unfortunately it cannot be used without a battery, or with a dead battery, even if plugged in (N) but good ole removeable batteries (Y)
  • VapeCritic
    Great question, I'll try and get more into this very soon, and I plan on making a comparison chart, but basically the IQ and the AirVape XS are both good portable vapes. The IQ is what I would consider TIER 1, and the XS is TIER 2. Like buying an Acura or buying an Audi. Not insanely different, but different enough to warrant the price difference. Mostly everything about the IQ will be a little bit better than the XS: performance, vapor production, battery life, materials used, etc
  • Nacho257
    I was told (by Davinci) that it has pass through charging, which means you SHOULD be able to use it with a dead battery plugged in, right?
  • trulukkyphrank
    thanks for contacting!

I agree with ervery single point that you mentioned, hopefully davinci sees the potential..
  • VapeCritic
    lemme test this to confirm please standby
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube