• Skaramanga
    As I said, I'm new to this field, but I find it very interesting. Unfortunately, you can find a lot of contradicting things on the net. I know what convection and conduction are. Hybrid is both. But how is that implemented technically? How does it work? Is it like a car that you can choose what you want? Then I read that when coughing or scratching when vaporizing, nothing dies with the type of heating, but the temperature is dependent. Is that correct?
  • PuffItUp
    To date you can't choose which you want. They work in tandem, and each hybrid vaporizer is built differently. Some are more convection to start, and then move over to conduction. Some are 50/50, some are 25/75, some are 75/25 ETC (rough estimates)

In a simple sense, the technical detail is that there are 2 heaters. One is the chamber itself, one is a mass underneath the chamber that cold air is pulled through.

Cold air enters the device, passes over / through the heated mass under the chamber and heats. Then the hot air passes through the chamber heating the herb.

The oven directly transfers heat to the herb.

I hope that helps!
  • rft360
    in my experience convection vaping makes my throat more dryer cause you are moving hot air through material to heat it up. when i do conduction i get more clouds but it's a little harder to draw from and take hits. the mighty vaporizer which is my favorite device does both i think that is the money to do a hybrid. examples of both convection vape would be a volcano, conduction vape would be a flower pot.
  • Skaramanga
    Thanks very much. very interesting.
  • welshman

Flowerpot is mostly convection but you can actually introduce more conduction by leaving the heater on the bowl for a bit before drawing
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment