• SOURCEvapes

That's normal, it's a bit of charring during use, like ceramic donuts with higher temps.
  • Baron23
    Do you use q-tip tech at all? That is, as you use it you start to collect dark residue (reclaim...or it would be if in a drop down or something but in this case its still in the ceramic oven) which starts to taste awful after a bit.

Try this, warm up your oven and melt that stuff then take a q-tip and swab it out. If you want to get a bit fancier about it, you can dampen (not dripping, just damp will do) it with ISO and swab it out.

I also like the Terra 2 very much.
  • dtrain0123

So I finally was able to use my new source orb 4 today, and I fucked up. I had only seen the recommended wattage for the terra 2, 30-33 watts. Now, I get that this is a solid material, so logically it would require a higher wattage. I tried my double and single quartz coil at 27 watts, and I think I totally destroyed them because now my battery screen says, "No atomizer found." In my head this is saying the circuit is no longer complete aka I destroyed the coil. This is kind of my fault for not digging further, but I wish @Sourcevapes would add one small sheet with recommended settings for each atomizer and settings that will wreck your shit. Just thought being a new vaper, I would share this to maybe help other new vapers avoid doing the same.

Ps. This pen is lit! I now know the temps to use, and this is what's up! Thanks @Sourcevapes
  • Richard Powell
    I've been recently using the pulsar barb fire wax attachment an I gotta say I've been enjoying it. But I'm looking for something that'll be more gentle in its approach, such as the source orb 4. Plus all the variety of atomizers you can use really sells this product.
  • AVENTUS
    orb4 is my main joint for home use!
    Cannot beat the airflow on this one!
  • Richard Powell
    What's the best atomizers for the orb 4? I was thinking if I should buy a pack from sourcevapes.com.?
  • Baron23
    Personally, I really like the Terra 2 if you are going to use the Orb on a box mod as most pen batteries just don't have the wattage.

https://www.sourcevapes.com/products/source-orb-quartz-atomizers-coil-less?variant=3580616835

If all I have is a pen battery, then I would go for the Ti Bucket atomizer as it will run on a pen at max output (not great, but it does work).

https://www.sourcevapes.com/collections/atomizers/products/source-nail-coil-less-portable-enail-atomizer-nails-3-packs?variant=18955235590

I'm just not a fan of exposed coil carts, personally, but others do like them for ripping.
  • AVENTUS
    I use removable Quartz bucket SourceNail, exclusively. With stock battery.
  • Baron23
    But the stock battery is the box type...not their pen battery, right???

The quartz nail is recommended for 15-17 watts (and probably many would push this to maybe 20 watts for vapor density) and I don't think their pen will drive it, no?
  • AVENTUS
    i do not use the SourceNail eRig, yet, as my tolerance isn't quite high enough to require it yet.

I use both the Orb4 (home) and Slim4 (on-the-go), and swap the Quartz SourceNail attys between them. They operate fine on low medium or high setting on the Slim4, (I use low), and they operate fine as well on any dialed in setting on Orb4 stock battery. It just takes a cycle to warm up on lowest setting on Orb4 (which is my favorite setting to use it on)
  • Baron23
    Thanks...so, for both the Orb 4 and the Slim 4, that's the pen form factor Source battery with the rotating dial at the bottom (like provided in Orb 4 Premium package) and not something the small box mod they ship with the Orb 4 signature package.

I'm curious because I didn't think the pens had enough oomph in them for quartz Nail type atomizers (i.e. removable quarts bucket type).

Please forgive me...I'm not trying to be pedantic...just Source keeps cycling so many products and naming conventions that just figuring out if we are talking about the same thing can be confusing. X-)

Cheers
  • Richard Powell
    I'm looking to get the orb 4 pack for $50, I'll have to get a few of the other atomizers later but I'm really wanting to get the bucket type of atomizers. The coils are nice but they don't really do it for me
  • sote23

That's the one I got, I just added my own battery and your good to go. Your right about the coils, My favorite atomizer is Terra 2 and quartz plus.
  • Richard Powell
    Awesome. The terra 2 and quartz plus will be my next purchase after my orb 4 attachment piece comes in. But for now I'm excited to try the bucket that it comes with, the Gr2 titanium nail?
  • Richard Powell
    Looking forward to the terra 2 atomizer I just picked up the attachment source orb 4 pack. Is there a certain type of concentrate that works best with the orb 4? I.E. shatter, crumble, oil, etc..
  • Baron23
    Is there a certain type of concentrate that works best with the orb 4? I.E. shatter, crumble, oil, etc..Richard Powell

Whatever you can get in there.....given that they are seal bucket type atomizers, if you can get it in there it should work fine.

Consider the q-tip tech that banger guys use....just when done with a load and while its still hot, just mop it out with a q-tip. Can moisten q-tip with ISO if its really dirty.
  • Richard Powell
    Hello I'm currently using the Terra 2 an I am wondering if I should take the metal ring with ridges off of the atomizer an pop it in my orb 4 attachment piece? The airflow is blocked by this part an it doesn't give a good hit with it on.
  • sote23
    I`m not sure if can take it off or not. I dont have any problems with my terra 2
  • Baron23
    AFK, while you can take the retaining ring off of a Terra 2, the ceramic atomizer within is NOT removable. It is not the same as the quartz nail atomizer and is in fact wired in.
  • SOURCEvapes

Send us an email, if you're within your 30-Day Warranty, we'll replace them.

If you guys are looking for some deals on atomizers (coiled ones), we have our v1 4 Series atomizers on sale for 50% off (You can then add the 10% off STAYUP coupon on top of that).

If you don't have an attachment, you can always get parts for the SOURCE orb XL (both for only $15.96). It works with all 9x 4 Series atomizers, as well as all XL Series atomizers, like our new Quad Coil (Monster Hits or All Day Low Temp Vaping - .5g Easily).
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet