• Aj85

I'm glad everyone is finally getting how good this vape actually is :)Cl4ud3

I’ve said it once in private and I’ll say it again in public, thanks very much for all your help and advice on the Milaana. (Y) (Y)

If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have purchased one, let alone one of the older walnut versions with the emerald coloured bowl and the completely rounded back. I’m extremely pleased with it. X-)

You where right! It’s a work of art, a thing of beauty and an awesome vaporizer.

LG HG2's are the normal go to for most people.Cl4ud3

I’m one of them. love the LG HG2’s. I have 12.

My friend sells them in his hedonism shop for £3-4 each when i buy a few at a time.

I find they last longer than a lot of others, even though I normally recharge them when about halfway depleted.

All the best,

Aj.
  • Baron23
    Thanks AJ. I'll try that.

Very nice, Philly, my friend. Take it with you when you visit your friend north of Baltimore. :-O >:O

Thanks Sue!! X-)

Spalded is what I wanted and yours is magnificent. I will have a spalded before its all said and done.

Mine shipped (as I'm sure did Philly's) with LG but 420EDC also sold Sony and I got a couple of VTC-6 and they seem to also work just fine.
  • Philly
    Been using the top half of my evo basket with my long stem. Fits perfect. Since the top half of the basket is smaller then the included screens it's like a microdose that doesn't need stiring.

Really amazed at how I can conserve herb. Looks so classy feels like I should only drink single malt with it.
  • Sue
    Yes. ... or a fine bourbon :D
  • Baron23
    I thought the top hat to an ELB was too large to fit into Milaana stem...did you have to squish it?

And no, Sue.....Philly was right the first time! (hahaha...yeah, I'm one of dem' scotch whiskey drinkers LOL)
  • Philly
    Hey Barron, it's fits both my large and short stem. It is actually a little loser then the screens that we got from 420esc. Fits my long stem better since it's a slightly smaller diameter.
  • Aj85

Been using the top half of my EVO basket with my long stem. Fits perfect.Philly

Thanks for the tip!

I’ve now started using an evo basket top, I stretched it out a little and now it fits perfect and does make a slightly smaller load size and works very well.

I’m actually missing my EVO really badly I sent it to get fixed nearly two weeks ago and still haven’t heard anything back :’(

@Baron23 I was actually enjoying a nice scotch and a Milaana and a lotus with a good friend of mine. Then I saw this and I was cracked up lol :D

Looks so classy feels like I should only drink single malt with it.Philly

@PhillyYour right you should only drink single malt and it should be at least a 15 year old special reserve. X-) Lol but I would say that because I’m Scottish. Lol

I often indulge In a single malt when vaping especially with the cloud Evo or the Sublimator as well as more recently with the Milaana.

v16z1kw41nr024gl.jpeg

e6z5ernmhoq6dy3l.jpeg

ph37743pb6qy0398.jpeg

I actually just sank this bottle with my friend getting in the Christmas spirit. Lol

So with my last wee nip......here’s a toast to all my Vapelife friends in the Milaana club!

All the best,

Aj.
  • Philly
    typically I just drink scotch but my buddies are really into the small batch burbon. Tried some recently and really liked it but man is it expensive. I'm like Barron...scotch man at heart. Love me some single malts.
  • Philly
    that is awesome!
  • Rockytdogg
    Bourbon early spring to late summer.

Scotch early fall to late winter.

Or something like that...

Makes it easy that way.
  • Aj85
    that’s actually the cheapest whiskey I drink it’s around £39 a bottle and it’s actually really really good. it beats many many more expensive single malts.

From Glenfiddich..........

jix6fm5dd2a9815y.jpeg

Exemplifying our family’s tradition of innovation, our 15 Year Old expression is created using a technique pioneered by our Malt Master and its warm, spicy flavours are transformed with the alchemy of the Solera Vat.

Aged in European oak sherry casks and new oak casks, the whisky is mellowed in our unique Solera Vat, a large oak tun inspired by the sherry bodegas of Spain and Portugal.

Never emptied, and kept half full of whiskies since 1998, our Solera Vat is the culmination of curious minds and the pioneering spirit of our family. It’s also the secret behind this whisky becoming the first 15 year old expression to enter the top ten best selling single malts.

However, my favourite Glenfiddich whiskey is this one......

The 21 year old Gran Reserva single malt scotch

From Glenfiddich.......

xoqrzhskc9te2nxc.jpeg

After maturing our whisky for 21 years, our Malt Master adds even warmer and richer flavours by uniquely finishing this single malt in first fill bourbon barrels that once contained rum from the Caribbean.

The rum-soaked cask infuses the aged whisky with a spicy warmth and indulgent vanilla and toffee sweetness, the character of the Caribbean shining through. This gives our whisky a sumptuous sweet intensity that is both rich and creamy yet still retains the unmistakable character of Glenfiddich.

GREAT FOR: Those expecting a very mature, traditional yet intriguing malt. Initially soft, then brisk, vibrant and drying. New leather and oak nose combine with complex sweet, smoky and subtle ginger flavours in this classic Glenfiddich.

However, as it’s around £110 a bottle I’m only allowed to buy 2 bottles a year or I get told off! Lol

So Im allowed one at New Years and one on my Birthday. Lol

I’ve actually toured the Glenfiddich distillery twice now. Lol

Though I’m hoping to try Some of the Dalmore whiskey that @Baron23 has told me about real soon.

Any recommendations, mate?

I don’t mind paying more for something a bit special.

Sorry for going a bit off topic on the whiskey. I won’t post about it again, sorry everybody!

All the best, guys!

Aj.
    Attachments
    868C7025-D6BC-4BFF-9F67-41BA60054539 (45K)
    A5CB2107-9C97-4D68-B200-50E7B566E10A (57K)
  • Rockytdogg

I’m not in The Milaana Club (yet!), but might I suggest my fav budget single malt, Highland Park 12...? I’ve always felt if a label can’t get their general flavor profile across after 12 years, I’m not gonna bother with their longer aged stuff... unless of course, someone else is buying...!

Next up on my (price list) list would be Oban and then The Balvenie...

Never had Dalmore, but I’d like to try it!
  • Philly
    that sounds awesome. I am just about to pick out a bottle for the holidays. Might pick that up. Typically I go for Mcallen 12, and Glenmorangie- Lasanta or Necter de or. Reasonably priced and tasted amazing.

When I am out with my friends that are doing way better than me financially I will get auchentoshan.
  • koepen
    my favourite scotch is the Bunnahabhain 12y. it’s a good choice if you want to try a islay scotch with a moderate strenght!
    matured in sherry and bourbon casks, soft & sweet fruit and nuts with a hint of seaside smoke!
    And of course absolutely fantastic in combination with the Milaana!

uv68cad4nzzmt6vv.png
    Attachment
    4BF8335B-07CE-435E-A56A-7CEE3AD4DB84 (1M)
  • Baron23
    Though I’m hoping to try Some of the Dalmore whiskey that Baron23 has told me about real soon.

↪Baron23
    Any recommendations, mate?
    Aj85

I do like The Dalmore quite a bit and on Thanksgiving we killed a bottle of this stuff....not real peaty (which means it doesn't taste like it was in a warehouse fire as some singles do) so may or may not be to your taste, but we liked it very much (and I'm lucky as hell that the bird came out ok cause I did get just a little lit on this and some herb LOL). 38 quid here:

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/33704/tomatin-12-year-old-bourbon-sherry-casks

2tvf1dboi0lknsuc.jpg

- thanks for the tips about ELB top hats. So, they are a bit small and not a bit big and just need a little attitude adjustment?

Cool X-)
    Attachment
    Tomatin (119K)
  • Philly
    I didn't need to.adjust at all. When I get back from work I'll take a few picks.
  • Baron23
    Thanks!!
  • Aj85
    thanks for the whiskey tip! (Y) (Y) I’ll try some soon.

You might really enjoy the Glenfiddich 15yr old unique Solera reserve. It’s only about £39 but it’s extremely popular. Very smooth and very flavour full.

As for the EVO screens, I did flatten it a bit to make it a nice snug fit and shallower bowl.

9tz0d3hbs3xgrj8h.jpeg

All the best,

Aj.
    Attachment
    E9372323-D639-46F6-A4A5-1020D5D42877 (80K)
  • Philly
    shy89jrhb31szoie.jpg
    hey Barron here are some shots
    5gt5cpr7dy0t4ao8.jpg
    9a9o4xl88pa76zha.jpg
    itgsqh6phfwefc9u.jpg
    Attachments
    20171218_193319 (63K)
    20171218_193456 (214K)
    20171218_193525 (267K)
    20171218_193738 (237K)
  • Magicman
    What's this chatter about milaana 2?
  • Cl4ud3
    Ryan is currently working on Milaana 2, different intake hole but other than that I'm not sure on any changes. No idea when it will come to fruition as Splinter is the next project I think.
  • Philly
    I think I heard it was smaller. I follow them on Instagram and he had some pics of the blanks.
  • VapeCritic
    Took some RBT pics today, I was gonna film the review too except there's been NON-STOP LEAFBLOWERS outside all day >:o :-} :-!

pcdraw2v1duvd2l7.jpg
    Attachment
    milaana-zion (342K)
  • Other Side
    it's fun!

And Ryan is building some while he waits for Splinter parts.

I suspect most Milaana owners will appreciate the changes including a smaller footprint and carb hole for increased draw control.
  • Baron23
    Thanks, Philly. I now remember trying new ELB top hats in my Milaana long stems and they were too small to stay in there firmly and would need to be squished a bit to hold.

Mark at 420EDC told me that there are stems out there with slightly different internal diameters (don't ask me why...sigh) and that is what led to the RBT rimmed screens.

I now have a few of each RBT screen, the rimless and rimmed and I expect that will hold me for a while.

I actually don't like a carb hole and I'm glad mine Milaana does not have one. I plugged my SB Jr's carb hole with the supplied plug also....just to much to juggle around for me, I guess.

Cheers
  • Other Side
    I understand. I corked my carb on my hydrobrick just the same.

That said this works different. The carb is actually the fresh air intake as well so it's absolutely necessary. No more screen/intake by the glass joint.

And if you don't want to utilize the carb don't have to. Simply don't cover it. But if you really want to heat soak the load you can cover it for a second and draw the hot air into the load. Again not necessary but gives you the flexibility.

The other advantage is size. By removing the fresh air intake adjacent to the joint, Ryan was able to slim down the profile all around. When looking side by side the difference "looks" nominal but in your hand it feels much smaller. I took some pics and they don't do justice but here you go anyway.
    gihmw9gbpyo03ur9.jpg
    Milaana 2 in the middle here.

cpvm1a4o5rld0ktl.jpg

ja4m8hf3jgzjp0vr.jpg

On these last couple I tried to show the comparison as to how it fits in my hand. Look at the difference of where my thumb extends.

9d6hkqitdteuxabn.jpg
    c0vynvzlpsgmfyot.jpg

Again it's a small amount but it feels like a big difference!
    Attachments
    20171214_204633 (178K)
    20171214_204500 (190K)
    20171214_204555 (109K)
    20171214_204817 (91K)
    20171214_204801 (73K)
  • Baron23
    Thanks for the info!! (Y) X-)
  • VapeCritic
    Late to the party!

• Other Side
    better late than never!
  • Baron23
    @Cl4ud3 @Philly , et al - well, just happened by my computer when 420EDC's email arrived that they now have spalded and aspen Milaana's back in stock.

I ordered a Spalded with Emerald internal/external and they only had the one. I think they have one other (at least) spalded with clear internal/external.

So, what to do with my week old Milaana in rock maple. First world problems, certainly. haha
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment