• LabPong
    Baron.....just use a SS screen.....no worries with any taste loss. I found the Ti screens to mess with taste more....like the stock Ti bowls. Being brought up with arizers through water.....glass bowl with screen offers best taste and makes it smoother.......so it was natural to do this for me with the flowerpot after I got it.

I never opted to try any of these custom type bowls for the flowerpot.....I found no need for a glass bottom screen section after just using a standard 18/14 adapter for the bowl. Having only the screen and no other element in the air path through the bowl allows for quicker extraction and I appreciate the much shorter duration draws to get vapor amount I desire.
  • Namekian
    I'm liking the Vrod a lot with flower :fire:VapeCritic
    Is it better than the SH for flower in your opinion? :)
  • Baron23
    Thanks...I have SS screens as well as Ti.

I will try an SS screen first tonight. Its easy to rinse the rig out of bits afterward, but would rather keep them in the bowl and vape them! LOL

Now, I do definitely think that the glass bowl tastes much better than my Ti NV bowl with a Ti double weave screen (which may in fact be the culprit).

I'm not a taste whore...if it tasted like shit but delivered the effects I would do it anyway....but tasting good is definitely a better experience.
  • Namekian
    What screens are you using with the glass bowl? I ordered some SS screens from new vape and they seem too big. Thanks for your time.
  • Cl4ud3
    What screens are you using with the glass bowl?Namekian

I think they were for the StickyBrick Jr. I have rechecked and they are the same size.
  • MAbud
    the glass bowl that New Vape now sells has an integrated glass screen I believe
  • Namekian
    It does but a lot of material gets through, especially while using the Vrod.
  • welshman
    I use either the double weave or the standard Beamer ti ones and just bend them into a basket shape and ram down. The double weaves don’t fall out when using the spike to clear avb but the standard one does. This goes for both the newvape glass bowls and the stevenlmz79 ones
  • LabPong
    It does but a lot of material gets through, especially while using the Vrod.Namekian

You will still need to use a screen in those glass bowls with holes/flower pedals, unless you do nuggs/buds or large grinds. But I always use a SS screen anyway. You may have to bend it to a shape that fits well. I have a stock of 3/4 inch and 1 inch screens to bend or trim to shape if needed.

But I think maybe a 3/4 inch screen may fit the glass bowl on NewVapes site?
  • Baron23

So, there are to my knowledge two basic sources of glass bowls for the Flower Pot. Some from stevenlmz79 (Popular Glass) on DHGate and then there are bowls from rainbowplusglass_0 on ebay, either shipped from within USA for $25 or shipped from China for $16, same product.

I have not used the stevenlmz79 bowls but I understand that they have flower "petals" in lieu of holes. The rainbowplus bowls have holes (a glass gauze, I suppose?).

There is perhaps another EU source, Ehle glass (is that the right spelling) but I have not yet seen these.

I do have the rainbowplus. Yes, bits get through the holes but when I tried it with a Ti screen, I felt it negatively impacted flavor...and draw resistance. I just didn't like it and this was a single weave screen. So, back to bare glass and I'm not concerned about the few small pieces that get through the glass screen as I use a simple slit perc, 65 mm, stemless can. I wouldn't want to try to get those pieces out in some of the more complex designs but its super simple to rinse out my simple can and viola', the bits are gone.

I do know someone else with these bowls and he uses the screen and prefers it that way. A nut for ever bolt, yeah? haha

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22mm-Glass-Bowl-for-New-V-prorizer-popular-brand-FC-forum-v-pe-14mm-male-19-hole/253670318393?hash=item3b0fede139:g:WskAAOSwc3RbFkSL

or from China

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22mm-Glass-Bowl-for-New-V-prorizer-popular-brand-FC-forum-v-pe-14mm-male-19-hole/253670290774?hash=item3b0fed7556:g:WskAAOSwc3RbFkSL

Note that these are still "party bowl" depth but the shorty bowls (about 11mm depth to screen, much like the OG handled and OG stubby bowl depth) should be in stock in both 14 and 18mm around 10 Jul (yes, 710 but don't hold me to this...its just what I was told, I'm not personally involved in selling these).

I have a "party bowl" unit and also have a prototype of the shorty bowl which is what I am using right now.

So, you need to try your glass bowls in the piece you want to use it in and then try with and without screen and see what you think. For me, I like it without screen.
  • Namekian
    Did you know New Vape sells an "official" one now? Thats what I'm using anyways. :)

https://www.newvape.com/14mm-male-flowerpot-quartz-bowl-9305
  • Baron23
    The NV ones are from the same source as the ebay links. Edwyn buys them from them in bulk. Same product.

Their controller and coils are Vapecode, again white labeled and resold.

Nothing wrong with any of that at all, but they are not his products, per se.

Cheers
  • VapeCritic
    Just got, not quite as wide as the Ti bowl so there's more play.

oh and I put a screen in there.
  • Baron23
    Just got, not quite as wide as the Ti bowl so there's more play.VapeCritic

I did some "beta" testing for the guy who is having these made in China and one of my comments was indeed that he needed to make the O.D. a bit wider...so, he is/did??

The handled Ti Bowl from NV that I have measured O.D. = 22.10 mm and my initial "party depth" bowl measured Glass bowl = 21.78 mm. Not much difference but enough to change the way the head sits on the bowl.

The seller, on his ebay site, is now stating: "Guaranteed 22.2mm maximum outside diameter, to fit your popular Titanium v@porizer heads. Super thick high quality pure Borosilicate 3.3 glass, thick 3mm wall thickness, 16mm (5/8") inside diameter for metal screen"

So, the prototype "shorty" bowl that I have does indeed measure right on 22mm and fits the heater head better. So, it doesn't take much to make a substantive change.

There still is some play there (which is good, otherwise we would lock them together and possibly even break the glass from uneven rate of expansion of glass and Ti...maybe?) and I just set the heater and hold it level on the bowl.

As I said, I rather like it without the screen but yes, you will get bits into your WP.

Cheers
  • VapeCritic

Nice!

Here's what I got:

OD = 21.50mm

ID = 15.50mm

Thickness = 3.3mm

The NV Ti bowl I have is 22mm so just a hair wider than the glass, but you can notice the difference in the play.
  • VapeCritic
    I'm not sure why that doesn't add up but when I measure it with my caliper that's what I get :sweat:
  • juxt
    It's probably thicker where they added the glass screen.
  • Baron23
    I would speculate that the outside is more consistent as a result of how they turn it and there is more variation in the I.D.

But I’m fucking high so wada’ I know? LOL
  • juxt

I got two of the deep bowls from ebay, and on both of mine the top of the bowls taper from where the glass screen was inserted to the top...not much mind you, but we're talking fractions of mms here anyway.
  • Baron23
    Ah, thanks.

And yes, we are talking very small differences but its funny how a small difference can impact how the heater head sits on the bowl.

How are you liking your bowls. Would you prefer a more shallow bowl or does the deep bowl suit your use best? Just curious.
  • juxt

Definitely would prefer a shallow bowl more like the shovelhead that I have, but I don't mind too much. I have found with the vrod that I have to crank it up much higher than the WA to do double deckers, I think the head is thicker between the SiC dish on the vrod or something, so the deeper bowl doesn't matter as much as the vapor is hotter. So, for now, only using the glass bowl with the vrod and the shovelhead with the WA ... I got one of those converter cables from JCAT at the other place, so I have some swappable setups :)

I do like to use the 'non-diffusing ash catcher' from TAG with it because some herb does get through, but that one catches it pretty well :)
  • VapeCritic
    Vrod usage on stream tonite :100:
  • Baron23
    Wow, I actually have an ash catcher but it never occurred to me to use it with my glass bowl!! I have never used it at all! haha

I'll give it a try, thanks.
  • Baron23
    ah, sorry....not going to be able to make the LS tonight...too beautiful and suddenly I seem to actually have a life and things to do (how'd that happen? LOL).

Cheers
  • deep_meditation
    Hopefully I’ll like this setup (the Flowerpot with VRod).

Guess I’ll know soon enough. Can’t wait to try it.
  • Baron23
    Hi FlowerPot flower users, the new glass bowl styles are now on sale.

These are the "short version" glass bowls with smaller internal volume, more closely matching NewVape bowl volume (11mm internal height) versus the first release which was more of the party bowl (deeper bowl.).

I have a prototype of the shorty bowl and have a "party" depth bowl and for my purposes the shorty is it all of the way.

I tried a screen in them and it works fine, but to me this rather defeats the purpose of a glass bowl and I don't mind the occasional bits that get into my water.

These links are for bowls shipped from China. Auction entries on ebay for the short bowl from the USA shipping origination should be up on Ebay later this week.

18mm Male, Short Version:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253736410017

14mm Male, Short Version:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253736402478
  • MAbud

Have you tried with a glass bowl? I’m still trying to find one with the best fit, but it’s a really nice flavor improvement over the ti bowl
  • Alexis
    hi Bud. You know, you REALLY make me want to hit the Vrod when I watch you showing it in action. Somehow the experience looks different to the Showerhead. But it looks so enjoyable and easy, and you took some serious clouds on it!
    Of course I couldn't consider trying this one out with my strange intolerance to the SH, but you make it look SO tempting if it was an option.

Your own vape does also chug some major clouds, and to my eyed looks really really good. Excellent vapor production, like as much as you would ever need just about. And that's why I observed with interest on the streams how it looks like the Vrod was even cloudier and thicker. Not as a knock on ypur own design at all. If you are getting anywhere close to the Flowerpots in hitting power, extraction, clouds and most of all effects, then you have already done an outstanding job.

But I will say I watched you trying the Tubo through the FC-186 to see how it looked compared to your own (vapor production wise). And to me your model is the winner, most impressive cloud production, more instantly after the initial heat up and also a shorter draw needed I believe. That is a big plus to the model you are working on for a lot of people out there. I would love on demand in the ideal world but I understand the limitations and your reasons for your own approach. But I like to vape the same way as you when health permits- a good 0.2 to 0.3, vaped up in 6 to 10 very good hits over a shortish period.

I have been eyeing up a good portable for some time. I only have the Omnivap. The Tubo is the only one I am particularly drawn to. Bit of a queue to get one, and I dont actually need it yet anyway. But Im very excited to see what you can put together in portable form because I could see myself happily waiting for those developments, maybe this time next year you could have made me a great little portable vaporizer? Forgot to say please! :pray:

Sorry for mixing topics here btw, got lost and just realised. Keep pioneering looking good so far have confidence.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment