• kpx420
    Well i guess u are trying to say in a nice way.. You prefer to dab out of the rig not the FP? ..anyways I'm sorta looking to achieve to get a monster draw, possibly vaping all material at once w/o combustion? Pretty much what I'm looking for is.. that I had a collapsed lungs 15 yrs ago, I'm trying to achieve that from vaping~ =) Which one would be able to achieve that? I'm really looking for intensity~
  • Baron23
    then either will do with a small edge to the FP
  • LabPong
    ↪Baron23
    Ahh i see, Ive only dabbed thru like dab rib like this one I have
    https://vaporsandthings.com/collections/holistic-glass/products/slyme-holistic-removable-showerhead-bent-mouthpiece-bubbler with a quartz banger or like dab pen wit atomizer/globe.. Either one will be mostly used for flower but yea IDK anymore LOL.. Im just going to load up the Plenty full..
    kpx420

Damn.....that glass unit looks awesome......crap...I just lost my dhgate GAS haaaaa

Thanks for sharing that link kpx420!
  • kpx420
    [ I wanted to upgrade from this piece but I might have mistaken.. Its more of Bubbler than bong takes very little water.. the showerhead perc is removable which is cool... Thats funny you lost your gas.. Im looking at dhgate to replace this one.. But I got this hollistic piece cuz its USA glass and i just wanted something a little stronger glass as I like to break stuff :D .. I feel like the
    water chamber is too small but dont take my word.. Im a former blunt/joint guy exclusively and This glass rig was the cheapest USA glass at the store, only reason why i bought it cuz it was the cheapest one lol
  • kpx420
    Stupid question but does the bowl (where your put your herb in the FP) still prone to get stuck in your glass piece? or does the handle help that now?
  • LabPong
    Stupid question but does the bowl (where your put your herb in the FP) still prone to get stuck in your glass piece? or does the handle help that now?
    kpx420

The newer design they recently came out with works much better so that does not happen. Although, I do not use the stock bowl anymore, I use a glass one with a drop down so I can lift out either. But I also have a carb on my water units so I do not usually lift any joints apart to clear a draw.

Yea I like that design of that water unit you got, but could not tell how much volume it had for water. That is important and now that I look at it...even with that huge 22 or so mm joint...seems like it could be a wider lower section for double water and capacity.
  • Baron23
    ↪Baron23
    WOW Nice review! Very informative,
    kpx420

I thought you had read this???

You can see the design evolution here and part of that was to address how the f*ck to empty a VERY hot Ti bowl! LOL. So, we got bowls with handles. Note, the handles are “break-way” handles in case it gets stuck in a joint you will break the cheap handle before your expensive glass. He does make a solid handle, with silicon wrapping instead of hemp fiber, which is what I use. Its listed as a separate item on the FP parts page.

But this brought up the next issue. Some peoples male body w-handles never stick. Mine stuck every time. It’s simply the expansion of the Ti in the glass joint. Once it cooled down again, it came off perfectly. But how to empty the bowl if it’s stuck in a piece of glass with water in it. Well, I always use a drop down with any of this sort of kit and found it very easy to use the drop down as an extended handle for the bowl. Forget taking the bowl out of the drop down joint (wasn’t happening), just pick the drop down up out of the joint on your water piece and use it to hold when emptying the bowl.

But I’m not the only one who had this issue of sticking…far from it, it was very common. So, NV attempted to address this with two piece Pan Head and Shovel Head (familiar terms to Harley aficionados). The ONLY difference between the two of them is aesthetics…just superficial exterior design. However, they do have a difference from the OG Handle Bodies shown above….the new two piece’s screen depth is 2.5 mm deeper than the OG Handle Body and is equal to the screen depth of the OG bowl (non-handled). Some customers wanted this as they wanted a bigger load size. I prefer the shallower bowl as it puts the load closer to the heat source so a lower coil temp can be used. With the Pan Head and its 2.5 mm deeper bowl, I upped my coil set point temps about 40 F but you will need to experiment as people are all over the maps with FP temps depending on how they like to vape (it’s a very flexible and versatile design).

So, below are the Pan and Shovel head two piece bodies. Note, their handle has a hole in it to insert a small dowel or screw driver to use as leverage to tighten it. As far as I know, they only come in male fittings as the female didn’t have the sticking problem (for obvious reasons) so there was no need for a fix. How this works is you drop a post (14 or 18 mm) into the joint on your water piece until it’s firmly seated. Then gently drop your bowl over the post until it rests against the top of the glass joint. Insert handle and screw the two pieces together. This really did solve the sticking problem. Early versions sometimes had a small air leak that slightly diluted the vapor, but considering this is the ‘bong’ of vaporizers even a small amount of dilution was considered unacceptable. Small tweaks to the design (e.g. getting rid of the key way on the posts) eliminated that issue.
    Baron23
  • kpx420
    sorry if i offended you then but thank you again
  • kpx420
    I think i could use a actual bong that held more water but Im not sure... I might just use the FP or EVO dry anyways so I guess it might be a mute point
  • Baron23
    you didnt offend me, but I know you read it cause you said you did.

So why the continual redundant questions?

That entire discussion in the write up was the history and status of sticking bowls.

That’s all

Cheers
  • kpx420
    Ok so ill stop asking questions..wow
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    I think i could use a actual bong that held more water but Im not sure... I might just use the FP or EVO dry anyways so I guess it might be a mute point
    kpx420

I have found that I get better results of taste and control using a larger water unit with the flowerpot.
  • kpx420
    Thanks! I sorta had that feeling I needed a glass piece with a slightly larger water chamber but I''ll try mine out first then order from dhgate..Just for my own curiosity I did dab sum reclaim out of that rig yesterday and seemed like it worked better than I remembered lol :-x
  • katdaddy
    Are there ever any coupons or sales on the showehead? I only do flower.
    ✌️
  • dontmindme
    think there are a few 10% coupons along with buds coupon.
  • kpx420
    My tax return on the way, Ive been looking for any coupon better than 10%.. I heard last year on 420.. they did 20% off for that day only.. I'm hoping to wait til 420 but thats like 2 months and I don't know if I can wait that long lol
  • dontmindme
    you can buy mine(showerhead + adjustable bowl + carb cap) from me for more than 20% off. Might not have a coil cover though depending if i find a use for it.

You might want to wait as they’re changing their design a little and adding a ceramic disc for dabbing.
  • kpx420
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • Law7764
    Incoming flowerpot!!!
  • LabPong
    Incoming flowerpot!!!Law7764

Nice.....solid purchase!
  • Dave63
    Hi All,

I want one of these....Would like to buy the full kit that is currently priced at $600. Does anybody know what the turnaround time is (e.g. if I order today when would it likely arrive on my doorstep? ). Also, I am wondering how the charges will show on my card (Custom Instruments or NewVape?) I have tried to contact Newvape several times over the past week or so with absolutely no response which concerns me. Any other desktops that are similar (besides the Sublimator and Symphony). Looking for a bong like unit for flower. Thanks in advance for any input.
  • Rockytdogg

Like this..?:
    http://www.vriptech.com/mm5/merchant.mvc
    I have no clue really... just trying to help.

I would get a flowerpot before anything else.
  • Dave63
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah, this glass wand thing looks interesting. Anybody have one? Would love to see the Vape Critic review it.
  • Rockytdogg

No problem...
    Dig around, man... the search function actually works ok here..:
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/237/vapexhale-and-vriptech-vapor-wand/p1
  • kpx420
    https://www.dhgate.com/product/portable-titanium-quartz-enail-electric-dab/394638775.html?recinfo=8,103,2#ctabBox
    Does anyone know if I could use this as the coil and pid controller?? then I would just buy the new vape showerhead and panhead bowl kits?
  • katdaddy

This one was pointed out to me by a user on here. It’s $106 including coil, one year warranty.
    Anyone have any opinions on this unit or brand?
    https://highfivevape.com/high-five-basic-enail.html

Thanks,
    Katdaddy
  • welshman

Should be all good as long as you go with the 20mm barrel coil heater. Just remember if you have to get replacement coils in the future they probably aren't the same pin connection as the newvape one (not that theres anything wrong with that)
  • kpx420
    Yea i cant find anything that has the old XLR that NV is using.. MY concern is the type of enail coil they use.. I see its made from kevlar? and the NV one looks like I want to say SS or aluminium.. Does anyone think they will be any difference in heat transfer due the coil material being used? I checked out that link.. The PID controller looks the same as all the controllers ive been looking at on DHgate. I would want to check out the coil material before i buy that..

I only bring up this link https://www.dhgate.com/product/portable-titanium-quartz-enail-electric-dab/394638775.html?recinfo=8,103,2#ctabBox

seems like NV has pretty much the same package.
    https://www.newvape.com/black-enail-bundle-1
  • dontmindme
    Its all nichrome for coils. Ive seen a couple sites state a different metal but they’re all made in china and these controllers are all calibrated for nichrome.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment