• Mooseknuckle
    just a question. So you figure 100 hours is 2 years worth?? Looool.... I clocked north of 60 hours in just under two months and had a failure .... 2 months... Not 2 years. (I'm out and about alot, so don't suggest I get a desktop unit). The only reason that hour counter is on there is because s&b was able to see the high failure rate before even releasing the product, so they had to figure a way to limit claims.

I can get bashing a company on a forum can be a bit futile, but whatever happened to freedom of speech and expression? Do laws not apply on the internet? Or are you in some country that doesn't allow freedom of expression? I paid an arm and a leg for this thing, to only have it fail 2 months later, and now I have people telling me I should just bend over and take it? Nooooo thanks...

Claude, be realistic... Say you bought a new car with a 7 year warranty and a mention of wear and tear exclusions. but no set mileage.... then something broke in 2 months and you were ousted due to wear and tear of 2000miles. Then you find out that same company replaced a car/parts for someone with 10000miles and 4 years into the warranty, would you not be angry? As a consumer, I believe this should be set in stone in the first place, this way a consumer can read the warranty and say "hey I don't like this 60 hour wear and tear limit" and not buy vs buying and hoping that the person interpreting the warranty that day didn't have their panties in a bunch... Swedish fish anyone? Lol.

Also explain how I have heard of people getting their crafty replaced 1.5 years into the warranty with north of 120 hours, and my warranty is being denied 60 hours and 2 months in???

your welcome for the fix ;) battery video is coming soon, I'm still unpacking.
  • Karec
    Again this is your opinion because I know people who are still on the original Crafty with over 100 hours - well past the 2 year. There is a higher than average failure rate and is all we know really.Cl4ud3

Not my opinion that was the company normal procedure, i got my crafty replaced after 13 months and 147h use and the 2nd unit fail with the same time and usage, mentioning the users that didnt got any issue is not right in this discussion after all that is whats is supposed to happen with a reliable unit and not the other way around. I dont buy a vape to only last the warranty time....or any other appliance...

Regarding the bashing i agree with @Mooseknuckle here and on other forums, FC banned me 2 times lol we should be free to speak our mind.

The fact they changed their policy for me its clear, they cannot continue to give crafty like candy and they went from this to the state of heavy users policy....dam SHADY!!!

@Mooseknuckle waiting on that vid mate!!!
  • Cl4ud3
    I can get bashing a company on a forum can be a bit futile, but whatever happened to freedom of speech and expression? Do laws not apply on the internet? Or are you in some country that doesn't allow freedom of expression? I paid an arm and a leg for this thing, to only have it fail 2 months later, and now I have people telling me I should just bend over and take it? Nooooo thanks...Mooseknuckle

Seriously ? yes you have freedom of speech but you have to adhere to forum rules just like you have to follow rules everywhere else in life. I suggest you give the rules another look before posting again.

I didn't push any mod action because I thought a nice friendly reminder of the forum rules would be enough.

As I already stated I have opinions of S&B myself but this has gone around in circles and it is now like beating a dead horse. The fixes are great, I'm happy people are finally getting something out of their supposedly unfixable units but the personal opinions have been stated over and over.

Also explain how I have heard of people getting their crafty replaced 1.5 years into the warranty with north of 120 hours, and my warranty is being denied 60 hours and 2 months in???Mooseknuckle

They pulled the heavy usage card on you, as I said I don't think it's right but I didn't buy a device with that warranty.

@Karec you completely missed what I was saying, there are users who have never had to replace a unit so saying every crafty is wrong.
  • welshman
    Guys I don’t think Cl4ud3 was saying it was in any way fair or just warranty policy just that it’s the way it is and has always been and we’re coming up to two pages of comments to say

“there’s a cheap fix for this issue watch the video before paying s&b.”
  • welshman

Oh beat me to it
  • Mooseknuckle
    I'm not trying to argue you here, but I am voicing my experience, which according to the forum rules, is perfectly fine.

And I quote:

V. This isn't the place to bash vape companies. Believe me, we're all well aware that no company is perfect, and some are of course better than others, but if you have a personal gripe with a company you should contact them directly to work out your issue. If your desired outcome is not achieved, you can post about your experience, but do not post things like "xyz company sucks", "don't buy from xyz", or "xyz is a scam". You can say you don't like a particular company if you didn't have a good experience but please leave it at that. Do not post comments about companies you haven't personally dealt with unless it's a question.

I have approached them, was mistreated and now I'm sharing my experience. Did I at any point in that post say don't buy, or scam, or s&b sucks? Please, since you seem to be a mod, explain how I'm in the wrong in accordance with your rules?
  • Karec
    every unit that is being send to them to repair or replace not every single unit im sorry if the way i wrote sounds different... you are right regarding rules, i understand and agree.

I will not feed this anymore, i agree that we sound like we are expressing our anger towards them (i am) although i have an issue with S&B i still speak well about their stuff and performance im not only bashing on them but the cost of the repair vs a new unit is so huge that minimum they are not acting right with us.
    I bought a new device when they didnt repair my unit, when with 2 usd i would have mine fixed.... so im yes im angry at them...
    cheers
  • Cl4ud3
    1. I asked everyone, so as not to name individuals, because this had gone around in circles and there was clear company bashing. The word Scam or scamming is used many times over 2 pages and was originally in your video text.

also rules . .

2. II. Phrase things you say as opinions. Even with all my experience there are very few things I would consider factual in the vaporizing world. Refrain from making statements as if they are facts, you're asking for trouble, stick to phrasing things as opinions and keep your tone neutral to get the best responses from others.

Most importantly though @Mooseknuckle At no point did I originally tell you or imply that you personally had broken any rules until you decided to get involved in what was just a friendly warning about the thread.

X. Moderators reserve the right to enforce these rules at their discretion. VapeLife mods are instructed to give one warning first (for petty crimes) and to notify me of repeat offenders. Mods have the authority to ban users that are not following protocol. Do not push back or question a mod's action on the public forum. If you feel you have been treated unfairly by a moderator please send me a PM (@VapeCritic) and describe your situation, then I will evaluate and take action if necessary. The mods on here rarely make mistakes so if they say something to you about your behavior you should listen.
  • Mooseknuckle
    See..... I'm going to say this again, I'm not trying to argue you here. (As I said in my last post, in hopes of avoiding this very situation.)

you mentioned rules, and I didn't push back nor question what you did... My intention, when I asked you how you saw me as infringing on the rules, was solely for my understanding and comprehension of how you see me contravening when I felt within the confines of the rules. not meant in a way to question what you are doing, get you to change your mind, etc... Meant as now I'm confused, please explain.... this way my (and other people's) future posts, etc can be tailored to fit within rules

originally I wasn't questioning mod actions, so I didn't have to think about that rule. Which meant I was only considering previous comments which didn't apply when asking for clarification. Additionally, I didn't realize asking for direction also falls under being questioning/pushing back your decision.

What is my fault is taking your comment personally, not realizing it was directed at the thread, not just at me.

For whatever I did wrong I apologise.
  • VapeCritic

Hi guys I just caught up with this thread, it has gotten a bit contentious in the last few pages so if we could cool it a little it would really help keep things kosher.

Mod action was appropriate and while we have no intention of censoring anyone on here we do have general rules of conduct to prevent this forum from becoming a raging complaint board.

You are free to speak your mind and share your experiences with any vape or company, all we ask is that you pace yourself, try not to repeat things, and after stating any displeasure with a company please don't rehash it again when someone else chimes in.

Thank you!
  • Karec
    :up: :victory:
  • Mooseknuckle
    thanks for the response, will do. gotta love kosher. Your last paragraph is a crystal clear explanation of what was not accepted by the mod. I really appreciate it, it's all I was looking for..
  • Mooseknuckle
    I found a way to update the firmware... The only issue is there is no known way to get the firmware files, unless someone at s&b releases them to the public... (Unlikely). So it's possible, but not doable
  • FinestArcadeArt
    Hey guys
    I heared some of you encountered the issue where the crafty stopps working
    Yesterday I opened mine and found out that they put a heat-fuse inside the heating element which fuses at around 184°C. Way too low if you want to vape two heads after each other.
    If you cover the heating chamber while vaping, it will get hotter and hotter till it fuses and stopps working.

I shorted the fuse in mine and now it works like a charm. I'm pretty sure the included some sort of software overheating protection so I don't feel bad about it.

I hope some of you will be abled to repair their Vapes like I did.
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet