• Baron23
    My RMA-Request was denied. They didn't even offer paid repair service. They simply told me to buy a new unit. Yeah, sure!Flo

Did you ask about paying for repair?

Leaving an Li ion battery uncharged for extended periods of time will certainly tend to kill a battery. Whether that's the issue with yours or not is not I know for certain. However, the always helpful review of the owners manual (RTFM, yeah LOL) shows there is no red/yellow blinking listed but there is a red/orange blinking and it doesn't look good:

upc03etnfc66qk96.jpg

Hope this was helpful.
  • Flo
    yellow/orange... yeah same thing more or less. And yeah, RTFM was the first thind I did. I was even hoping that it just was a red/green, since the orange is made from the red/green LEDs.
    The Email said (translating from German here): Please understand that we can not offer a repair service after the warranty period has expired.

I'll order a replacement cell from ebay and try it. If it doesn't work it was just 15 bucks
  • Sussexgroove
    My crafty is fully charged, but says it has too low temp so won't turn on. I live in the UK and I generous it indoors. the temperature is definitely not too low. I don't know what to do as I think the 2 year warranty is out. I don't actually remember how long ago I purchased it. either way the idea of having to send it off is upsetting. Any advice would be great. even if it's just knowing I'm not the only person this has happened to.
  • Magicman
    I am sorry to inform you that your Crafty has died.j41qegni2cwd0gku.png
    RMA that sucker and they might send you a brand new 1.
  • Rockytdogg

I thought this happens to everyone....?
  • Sussexgroove
    Well I haven't found any reports online of that issue. but I'm not exactly a member or many vaping forums. Its actually just started working again. usually it would flash red/blue (not orange blue) a few times then just turn on. today it was an hour of constantly pressing on waiting for it to reset and pressing again. I found the receipt and I purchased it on the 29th of Dec 2015. so lucky... they do 2 years right.
  • Baron23
    No, this does NOT happen to everyone.

As you probably know, red/blue indicates:
    hlukyl2jrz4gdz5p.jpg

I would bet you have a battery getting ready to go bad or a bad temp sensor.

Re: warranty...from S&B site:

The warranty is 3 years with the Volcano and the Plenty and 2 years with the Mighty and the Crafty. — S&B

Send that sucker in under warranty RMA.
  • Sussexgroove
    thanks for heads up, will be sure to claim under warranty :)
  • Sussexgroove
    I have initiated Rma on the 22nd of December and still not received a reply. is that normal. I have emailed them 3 times and received no response. my next plan is to phone. but Im worried there will be a language barrier. and a high cost for the call. what are my options.
  • Sussexgroove
    Another concern is that the warranty ran out on the 29th of December, surely they have to honour it considering I initiated prior to it running out.
  • Cl4ud3
    Considering your situation with the warranty being now out I would phone them up, they will speak very good english I'm sure. Even if there is a language barrier you can be happy you tried every way of contact if they do drag heels over the problem.
  • Karec
    if you start the RMA before the end of warranty they have to honour it, i had my issues with S&B but inside the warranty they were very professional. but today is the 16 so its strange not replying to you... try send email outside the RMA and after 1 day i would phone them.
  • Sussexgroove
    thanks everyone. appreciate the speedy support. you guys shod work for S & B lol.
  • Sussexgroove
    yey they emailed. Rma accepted!
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Nice man. I've gone through three Craftys and I'm on my third Mighty right now. Longest they've taken to respond to me is about a week. Takes 1-3 weeks from start to finish to file the claim, send the unit in, get another one back.

Anyone know if the warranty starts again when the replacement device is received? I guess its wishful thinking.. my Mighty falls outta warranty next month if its from the time of initial purchase.
  • Karec
    "Anyone know if the warranty starts again when the replacement device is received? I guess its wishful thinking.. my Mighty falls outta warranty next month if its from the time of initial purchase."

Mate my biggest hassle with S&B was exactly because of this issue, 1st device 150 hours 13months got dead, right away they replaced the faulty/damaged unit by a new unit (very professional i was waiting for a reply and i got a brand new unit before that lol) and i though the same as you, if its new device should have a new warranty... for me makes sense having a warranty on the device instead on the buy but....
    This new unit got damaged after the same time and use of the previous one so on the 26 month i RMA them and i got the information that my warranty was over after 2 months... so i went to see legal stuff to protect me and according to an European directive the warranty is for the device and not for the buy but german law left a "void" in their law so company policy wins....in Portugal i would get a new warranty with a new device and as long they replaced a unit with a new one i would get new warranty, thats why they give new units like candy on the warranty time... so yes after 24 months even if u got a replacement unit 5 days and on the 6 your warranty over and the unit stops working...too bad (N) no warranty...
    The funny part of this (sarcastic...) was they offered a 25euro discount on a new unit and never offered a repair service for the damaged unit i had and for me that was the final straw and i went IQ for the 10year warranty... loved my Crafty, wonderful device but i dont notice that big of a difference to my IQ and im not willing to buy a plastic vape for 300 euros every 24 months especially with the failure rate these units have people having 3/4 units in 2 years...i would kill that mighty to have a new one before warranty ends lol....

@Sussexgroove well done mate but this is what awaits you after warranty....
  • SirCrackKillaH
    it’s funny you said you’d kill that mighty lol, I did, I really did lol
    The crafty units would last six months, the Mighty usually about a year. The second to last I RMA’d started to open up along the seams and I used that to send it back. One after that unit performance started to seriously nosedive at two and three leds of charge. Take a draw at 410 or 380 or whatever temp and watch it drop by 15-40 degrees .. rma’d that one about two or three months back and ended up with a shiny new one in a white box. I’ve used that one maybe 8-10 times tops. It’s no longer my daily driver so now I think it’ll probably last me at least 10 years assuming that I use it once in a blue moon to keep the battery from crapping out. The Mighty is like my firefly, IQ, vapcap, and Mv1. I will never give it up. Just sucks when the thing doesn’t work right. I’m sure user replaceable batteries would’ve taken care of a boatload of RMAs.
  • Karec
    and you did very well mate!

Theres no doubt that their devices perform well, love every each one of them but the portables aren't reliable, the volcano i dont like the balloon method but the plenty is a beast!!! the crafty was my real 1st vape and was the only one at that time so i guess the 2 crafty didnt last long with the use i gave them...now the IQ is my portable and i only use it outside, at home the EVO rulezz a new day as to come to S&B for me to go back
  • Baron23
    I don't live in the Germany, Portugal, or anywhere in the EU or UK.

But I do know that in the USA that your car warranty is for the miles/period of time and that's the end of it. Same with most other home appliances and other similar devices.
  • Karec
    But I do know that in the USA that your car warranty is for the miles/period of time and that's the end of it. Same with most other home appliances and other similar devices.Baron23

In EU its the same for new cars but if in that miles/period warranty your car needs to be replaced by a new one you should get the same period/time warranty or the warranty is from the old car? i understand and respect every opinion about this matter like yours @Baron23 but i dont agree... when its new should be new warranty in my opinion.
    Maybe i should ask for a refund and then buy again to extend the warranty lol :-} ;) i know they wouldn't fall for that one lol
  • To the Cloud
    They do make a car charger for the Mighty and it can also be used with pass through charging. Although you shouldn't use it while driving ;)
  • Baron23
    i understand and respect every opinion about this matter like yours Baron23 but i dont agree... when its new should be new warranty in my opinion.Karec

Its not my opinion that I offered but just what I view as standard practice. So, here's question for you, however. How long should they replace, without cost, your unit? Say warranty is one year and the device goes tits up at 10 months, they give you a new unit with a one year warranty and it goes tits up after you having it for 10 months, so again they give you a new unit with a one year warranty and it goes tits up after you having it for 10 months, so again....ad nauseum.

How long should this go on. Based on what may be my very limited understanding of your position, this should go on forever which is just not going to happen.

We may feel that we should get a new warranty, equal to the original, when provided with a replacement unit but the companies that offer such warranties do not. They warrant your purchase for a given period of time...that is, they guarantee you full use of your device for a given period of time as specified in the warranty. Nothing more.

Cheers
  • Karec
    from a company side that makes sense, being standard practice dont make it right in my point of view, i guess im seeing this from a customer side, being legal its just that....legal... because companies made those laws thru politicians.... but thats another story...i guess i live in a place that see this differently :D good for customers not so good for companies :D

I think they should build better devices, at least they should last warranty lol .... if they build for 3 years and offer 2 years and they last that time there no argument here.... i know DaVinci IQ 10 year warranty its not standard practice (5years i would love them still for that ) but at least this shows confidence in their product to give that to the customers cheers for them, they also have their issues...
    I think we should get better deals for the money we spent, would love to go back when most appliances last almost a lifetime cannot spend 300euros every 2 years in a new device.
    Cheers
  • SirCrackKillaH

Pretty much all the vapes I own short of the Pax, vapcap, mv1 were bought in between Storz and Bickel RMAs.
    The iQ I grew with over time.. when I first got the IQ, the battery that came with it was non-functional. smoke shop that I bought it from made me purchase a new battery which turned out to be the wrong voltage so it didn’t work right. People at DaVinci forgot about me after I reported it to them so it sat shelved for months until my next RMA to Storz. I contacted DaVinci again, sent them my emails, there was a collective ‘fuck’ and they promptly sent me a battery. Once operational with glass spacers and Storz dosing capsules for easy refilling, the IQ blew my mind. It still does. I just wish it didn’t get so hot on an extended session. I use flavoring concentrates Inside of that flavor chamber which make everything delicious.. everything the same flavor unless I clean it out.. but delicious nonetheless. Everything tastes like marshmallows right now :D

Each time my Mighty would return to me, it’d be like seeing an old friend again. He’d come bearing the gifts of an additional charger, grinder, o rings, screens in that brand new box. Glorious! A great feeling! Hated the week to two week wait but shoot man, for a portable, Crafty and mighty really are hard to beat still. They go and go and go and go. For a party or a syph those two little portables eliminate all fumbling guesswork nonsense. For personal use, it’s pretty flawless.

I think vapes are a little more personal.. when there are performance issues, it f’in sucks. I get angrier when my vape doesn’t work right then when my car acts up or something else breaks. It’s like my phone man, I need that shit... Especially if you saved money up for one, only have one, it’s your only one, and you gotta send it in. That happened with me and my crafty. I didn’t realize it’d crap out so fast. Straight death lights every time man. Being without it with no direct portable at the time that really performed as well really kinda pissed me off. I have multiple vapes now so it’s all good now but.. vapes feel different. If a vape or two vapes are daily drivers and one goes and is away, it blows man.

@barondude I guess we’re all a little spoiled with how long some of these warranties are and the quality of service behind them.

Storz it seems tends to replace most units with new ones instead of repairing them. A two year warranty like that, yeahhhh I respect it tremendously actually. And they send ups tags... they don’t talk to you, but hell, not having to pay for postage is good vibes man.
    I certainly had to take advantage of it time and time again.
    Firefly and DaVinci offset some of the cost by making you pay to send it to them and sometimes charge additional fees. Five years, ten years.. ten year thing is sick. I think a Manufacturer should offer between 5-10 years on a vape or at least offer an option to buy an extended warranty or replacement program similar to what Haze has done. Over time be able to upgrade. I guess because I don’t view them as appliances but experiences to a certain extent. Each vape handles differently and has a unique kinda way about it. When you buy into it, i dunno, it’s like you just wanna keep it going. I’ll feel detached and probably not buy another storz product until the warranties on my other vapes run out now. Unless they release a vape that has a detachable battery and removable interior bowl for cleaning.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Shoot that was a long thought >.< ghosted man ghosted
  • Baron23
    rom a company side that makes sense, being standard practice dont make it right in my point of view, i guess im seeing this from a customer side, being legal its just that....legal... because companies made those laws thru politicians.Karec

And all I'm saying is pretend you are actually in business and run a profit/loss model on endless full warranties on all replacements and I believe you will find that it just doesn't work.

If you get a two year warranty, then all you paid for is full use of the device guaranteed for two years.

You may not like it, but that is indeed what it is.

So, in nine years and 11 months your IQ goes tits up....do you expect DaVinci to give you a replacment with another 10 year warranty?
  • Karec
    i don t expect a new one because i already know the politics, gladly theres is competition and we can choose. if the devices last more than warranty this isn't any issue, after 10 years i will look to my IQ with nostalgia and knowing that did their job...
    cheers
  • Mooseknuckle
    This is the fix for flashing red and yellow / orange.... https://youtu.be/Ak4x9gB8tsA
    Flashing red and blue fix coming soon
  • Baron23
    Wow, really interesting and really disappointing in S&B.
  • Mooseknuckle
    yup, and the heating element is also replaceable. I have tracked down the manufacturer and down to the product line, but it seems like may either be a one off or custom part number. In either case, the heater is replaceable, and doesn't cost too much. I'm looking for a suitable replacement just in case anyone has a heating element actually fail...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment