• niceone
    I used to vape using the MFLB in it's early days about 6 or so years ago. I stopped medicating about 5 years ago, but need to again. I'm on a couple of "traditional" meds, aka pills, for problems that I know would be better served by getting a doctor's note to go back to the herbal cure.

I live in CA so this is not a problem.

I gave away my MFLB to a friend years ago, so it's time to get a new vape. I was thinking about trying the vape oil pens, but couldn't get a strait answer out of the budtender as to how it compares to flower. When I told him I would probably go with a flower vaporizer, he said, "Oh? I don't recommend that. Those don't really work. You need to smoke it."

Could it be that he knows I won't need to buy as much from him if I vape?

Vapeman's reviews have been very helpful, but I'm still not sure which one to get since I am having trouble scraping up enough money to by the herbs let alone a vaporizer. :(

I don't want to get another MFLB, I'd like to get something more advanced and less difficult to get the knack of. Also, I really have to keep it under $100, and even then, I'm going to have to smoke a while before I have more than $50 much to spend. But, I do not handle smoke well at all, and edibles are way to strong for me. I'm genuinely looking for the medicinal use. (maybe 20% the fun part)

If you have used both flower and vape oil pens, how much flower would you say is the equivalent of the same strain in a .5ml cartridge of oil. Would oil be a more economical way for me to medicate?

Thanks for the help!
  • dontmindme
    Personal preference. One budtender atleast phrased thier opinion to me better saying he thinks that modern day concentrates are cleaner and less harmful.

Theres not really a equivalent comparing oil to the flower amount. Both have different effects. It also depends on the flower and what the grower tries to achieve. I honestly think you get more for your money with concentrates as well as potency but you can easily build up a tolerance. Think i read theres some kind of fight between cbd and stuff vs thc* that equals eachother to a effect so you may prefer flower.

Id probably say the bud tender had a high tolerance and build up in his body and has associated what he believes is a more powerful medicinal effect with smoking. I have a low tolerance now, and find both ways different but works and like to switch it up from time to time. I prefer vaping though and prefer the effect as well. Dont use concentrates anymore but want to as it can be less sedative (like vaping flower at low temps i think). He could be hustling you though.

I cant really recommend anything but check out the linx zero. You live in cali so getting those amazing solventless concentrates should be easy and maybe more affordable. https://vapolution.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=POCKET-VAPE Might work with flower for you but requires some sort of method. Cant really recommend it because ive never used it and the learning curve. Dynacap might be easier to use but havent used that either so i cant say. Both those flower vapes will get hot so they might not be practical or safe.

You probably should get another opinion from someone here and probably from another bud tender at a different store.
  • niceone
    Thanks for the feedback and advice.

I have tried one of the pocket vapolution vapes and couldn't get the hang of it.

I'm leaning towards getting the Xmax V2 Pro or maybe the BOUNDLESS CFC (which isn't out yet). My reason being that they are both under $80 and have closed air paths. They also seem like they are pretty easy to use and very portable.
  • dontmindme
    Cant say anything about the xmax thing but boundless seems to handle their warranties well and from what i can make out of everything on the internet is that theyre pretty good portable vaporizers.
  • Baron23
    So, now I'm confused. Do you want to vape concentrates or herb...or is that part of your question? Assuming it is, then:

Many people find the effects of flower herb to be more well rounded in effects than concentrates, mainly attributed to terpene content but who really knows. I find it so. I like wax/shatter but tend to use it as a booster to my herb for those nights when I need/want a lot of pain relief and a good night sleep.

Now, in CA there seem to be a lot of really great concentrates coming out including solvent-less as @dontmindme mentioned, and many of these are reputed retain a wide terpene profile and provide that more well rounded effect. Then there are bubble hashes and rosin. But for me, all around if I had to pick one and only one format to vape...it would be flowers.

NOW, I personally think your budtender either didn't know what he was talking about or had some other ulterior motive as flowers can be well vaped with today's devices. Only problem is generally not for under a $100. Others may disagree but the cheaper pen shaped herb vapes are rubbish, in my experience.

The least expensive vape I would recommend would be the Boundless CF for $129.

Boundless CF

An alternative is the very inexpensive, butane lighter powered, VapCap. The OG VapCap is $35 but is made of glass and many people seem to break them easily. I think a Ti Woody would be your best and least expensive option but you need to want an open flame powered vape (I have a number of VapCaps and love them). If you respect the 'click' on heating and cooling down, you will not combust and they will deliver wonderful and very efficient vapor.

Ti Woody
    VapCap OG

Good luck
  • niceone
    Thanks for the suggestions Baron23.

I don't know if I want to vape concentrates or herb. I haven't ever tried concentrates, and even herb has been many many years. So I'd think that concentrates would be too strong for me at this point. That's why I'm assuming I should vape herb.

I'm also wanting to try high cbd strains since I don't remember ever hearing about those last time I had a Dr. note, and they seem to be more focused on easing pain.
  • Bruce
    The Vape you should buy for under $100 the Flowermate 5.0.(S) It is a top tier vape despite its price. I would pay double for it but glad I don't have to. Go to Bud's videos and purchase via the links. Also at $129 The Arizer Vapes Solo Or Air are in range, Another top tier selection with legendary performance.

I have an original Flowermate and its one of the first times I have been content without wanting an upgrade. I dare say a case can be made for the Flowermate to be the B.D.V.P (Best Dammed Vaporizer Period). I am not sure what else it needs it does everything and many more surprises to make you think you have the B.D.V.E (Best Dammed Vape Ever).

You Have Officially Been Vaporized By: ^^^ The Vape Master ^^^
  • Bruce
    The Greatest Gift In Life, I was created as a lightweight!

With that said, paper, waterpipe combust therefore the heat of 720 degrees or higher causes the materials to turn into black sut (Tar) which causes cancer. A Vaporizer heats your materials from 200 degrees to 420 degrees. Above 420 Degrees, is combustion and tar. Vaporizing cooks your vapes and the steam from herbs getting warmed up is the vapor that loses 0 amount of original materials before inhaled. Paper due to combustion has1/4 of the original materials before inhalation. So Vaping is 4 times more potent and you use 4 less material. The effect is four times more powerful and your wallet is very happy. Sounds too good to be true, what can I say its true!

After you pick a solid vape from Buds awesome reviews you will agree and I hope return here to share your experience.

You Have Officially Been Vaporized By: ^^^ The Vape Master ^^^
  • niceone
    Bruce, I used to use the MFLB to vape about 7 years ago. I am all about vaping, tinctures, edibles, etc. No interest in smoking. :D
  • Bruce
    Price means zero when comparing vapes. There are sub $ 100 vapes that outperform vapes three times the price.
  • lazylathe

Care to name a few?
    I would love to hear your thoughts on the cheaper ones that outperform the heavyweights!!

For me I prefer desktop, heavy hitters as a portable could never come close to their performance.
    I have quite a few portables that sit in a drawer.
  • rft360
    Hey there! :victory: Look im sure the budtender used a crappy vaporizer or he doesn't know his stuff. :chin: if he were to use either mighty, volcano, vapexhale, or flowerpot i will assure you he is dead wrong! :smile: I cannot get over the fact that i can outsmoke all my friends that have been smoking longer than me, because i simply stick to vaping...that dude is really wrong and probably wants to sell more and get a better commision! i really think wax has alot of cannabinoids missing so the high is kinda unbalanced and short...you cannot compare the feeling from a vaporizer session to a bong you also have to consider that when you vape you almost always use less than when you smoke O_O cause of the bowl size in the vaporizers. btw i have a bong and use it regularly! if i had to choose between a 100 dollar bong or a 100 dollar vaporizer i might choose the bong and then earn for a vaporizer that is a little more pricey but that is just me this is my bong---> cost me $105
  • To the Cloud
    He wants to sell you more weed and if you vape you will conserve and buy less - a detriment to his profession :grin:
  • VapeCritic
    heheheh this thread is 2 years old but still a pertinent question! :sweat:
  • lazylathe

Not quite sure why it was at the top of the front page for me a few days ago! LOL!
    When I saw it was 2 years old...:lol:
  • Kakarot
    Where I live, I am seriously probably the only human within the Capitol city or state for that matter that knows you can actually vape flower. Everytime I mention like.. yeah, you know you can vape and not smoke it seriously is 95% better in every way.. and they are just like man that shit dont get you LYFTED..I'm like first why are you talking like a 14 year old G-Money Thug poser.. I have got 2 of my friends to try the FlowerPot with the Shower head and Vrod.. I always carb cap it for them lmao.. with a big booger of rosin and something like Amnesia Haze,Red Poison or LSD-25.. They usually go down on the 2nd rip.. One got half way through and passed out.. I was like I though vaping was lame? and he just sat there still in the fog lol.. I love watching the noobs and non-belivers go into that green tunnel :rofl:
  • Karec
    good to see you back mate, you're right blunt smokers always have that idea that vape dont get you high.... they like the punch in the chest from combustion so they think its lame... until i they try the crafty or other...
    Cheers :cool:
  • Kakarot
    Its good to be back brudda! & I know apparently if it does not burn like hell or make you cough up blood your not gonna get medicated .. wtf. When I smoked I loved bongs.. still do love bongs thus why one of my fav vapes is the Flowerpot... BUT any form of smoking always gave me that really dizzy/cold/nasty feeling after.. I got into vaping for health reasons after some research that feeling of dizzy & cold is actually the oxygen being cut off due to the smoke.. I have never experienced this with vaping and hopefully I never do.. Vapor is so much lighter and cleaner, you get what you need and still get to have some oxygen in there so its a win in my book, I always hated that "punch to chest" feeling, never been a big fan of coughing until I puke either.
  • Karec
    yeah i feel you mate, although im recreational user, i always got polluted when i smoked... i quit cigarettes because i had that feeling after a night out and quitting was easy due to the fact i continued to smoked only herb... until i got the same symptoms with blunts, love to get high but i wasn't enjoying the method so when i found vaping it was a no brainer....
    Even today i never have that need to go and smoke a blunt.... its like licking an ashtray and the buzz its different polluted & heavy....and on the next day i have hangover from smoking so nah....
    Mentioning a friend after trying vaping for the 1st time "now i taste what i smell..." spot on!
    Cheers :cool:
  • Kakarot
    I hear ya, I have been cig free for almost 4 years now I started at late 13 and quit at 30.. I'm 34 now. I have been free from combustion for about a year and a half and I'm loving it :scream:
  • Magicman
    Kakarot is El Jefe.
  • LabPong
    I have got 2 of my friends to try the FlowerPot with the Shower head and Vrod.. I always carb cap it for them lmao.. with a big booger of rosin and something like Amnesia Haze,Red Poison or LSD-25.. They usually go down on the 2nd rip.. One got half way through and passed out.. I was like I though vaping was lame? and he just sat there still in the fog lol.. I love watching the noobs and non-belivers go into that green tunnel :rofl:Kakarot

haaaaaaa nice!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet