• Southpaw
    Hi. I'm new to vaping which is to say I've not done it yet. I live in CA and have my medical card. I only smoke "top shelf" and usually out of a bong although I've used a pipe before. I'm interested in vaping and have done some reading as to the benefits of. Anyway, long story short, I'm looking for something that is portable (the volcano is intimidating since I don't know much about it). But I'm looking for something that is discreet but won't lose the effect of what I buy. I've only smoked dry herb but would be curious to know about oil as well. But mainly I want to stick with what I know and vape with something that is portable (unlike a bong) but still deliver the quality of what I buy. I'm not sure what other questions i should be asking. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for helping a newbie.

• VapeCritic
    Hey do you only take one hit at a time or do you take a bunch in a relatively short period of time?
  • Southpaw
    Usually several at a time.
  • VapeCriticAccepted Answer
    Ok cool, in your case I would recommend either the Crafty or the Mighty, they're made by the same german company as the Volcano (Storz & Bickel)

You're used to strong effects, and you use good material, so I would really go straight for the best so that you're not disappointed.

With these you pack about ~0.25g at a time and you take about 10-15 hits in a span of roughly 10 minutes.

What do you think about those 2?
  • Southpaw
    I've been eyeballing the Crafty. Many reviews point to a higher than average failure rate, but in spite of that, got great reviews. The Crafty only does dry herbs, right? And overall, how does the experience of vaping compare to that of smoking? Lastly, at checkout for the Crafty, which grinder and free gift from their drop down menu would you suggest?
  • VapeCritic
    Awesome, it actually does concentrates also if you use the mesh pad they include, and overall the experience is the closest you'll get to smoking from a portable vape.

Right now the crafty & mighty are the only portables that i consider as good as top tier desktop units

It will feel different from smoking at first but i think u'll like it and find it satisfying

Experiment with how tight you pack the chamber bc this will affect performance, but i would recommend starting with a fairly tight pack for max vapor

It actually comes with a good acrylic grinder in the box so i would go with either a second acrylic one or the wooden one just cus it's different, but the plastic ones will probly give u a better grind for vaping (vapes like a fine grind)

For the free gift they have a few good ones but definitely get that Kind Ash Cache Tray if u don't have one, i bought 3 to keep around my house cus i found it so useful
  • Southpaw
    Thanks for such a quick turnaround and detailed recommendations. You're awesome and have been extremely helpful.
  • VapeCritic
    my pleasure lemme know how you like it!!
  • Southpaw
    One more quick question. It looks like both the Crafty and the Pax are pretty much neck-and-neck. What edges the Crafty over the Pax?
  • VapeCritic
    Main difference is strength/potency of the vapor, and how much vapor you get

crafty comes out a little ahead in both of those areas
  • Southpaw
    Awesome. Based on what I've researched on other sites and largely due to you and your immediate responses and recommendations, I will be purchasing the Crafty this week (after pay day of course). I will make sure to use the link on your website as a small token of my appreciation. Thanks again. I'll e-mail you later and let you know how I enjoy it. :-)

One last question (I hope): With the higher defect rate, would you recommend the extended warranty offered by the website you refer to and if so, which one?
  • VapeCritic
    Excellent choice my friend!

I would just stick with the 2 year factory warranty bc if anything is gonna go wrong it'll happen way sooner than that
  • Flipz
    I read over your posts and also think the crafty is your best choice. The thing hits like a beast ;)
  • Southpaw
    @VapeCritic Thank you very much for your recommendations. I just wanted to let you know I bought my Crafty today through your link. Thanks again...looking forward to receiving it.
  • Flipz
    (Y) good pick
  • VapeCritic
    you da man!! Definitely post your thoughts!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment