• Halada
    My last purchase was over 2 years ago. I am overdue to add something to my collection. Considering the Mobius Nuc. I've been using a DG fritted disk bubbler on a daily basis for 2 years and am curious about the mobius perc.
  • Baron23
    New pieces from Terry Sawyer and Phat Ass Glass. The glass budget for 2017 is now officially kaput. LOL

js55rg0zctlbudut.jpeg

yepmx37uq2c7u8ug.jpeg
  • Cl4ud3
    lol I wish I had money to splash on top notch glass but my limited budget went as far as vapes. Did you ever get any Joda stuff ?
  • Halada
    Wow! You must have a crazy collection.
  • Baron23
    Nah, just had a bit of xmas money to spend and went right to the glass artist to commission them. They are very nice, however. Not just pretty, they function wonderfully also.

No Joda stuff....I'm not sure that his style is in my lane.
  • Halada
    Im considering a Termini Tubes piece too since I hear the artist, Karl, makes all his pieces in upstate NY.

I also like supporting artists.
  • Cl4ud3
    you guys are so lucky. If I get anything decent its gonna cost me an arm and a leg in shipping and tax. Living in the arse end of nowhere can really curb what you get. One drop down I got from a UK online shop was so poor but expensive that looking at a proper full custom piece is a joke, either way its expensive.
    I don't even know where a local artist would be to me.
    My only choice is DHGate, stuff isn't perfect but it is functional and as good as the stuff the online stores sell here (in fact its the same in a lot of cases and marked up stupidly)
  • Baron23
    @Cl4ud3 - DHGate ain't bad from the right vendors but you know that from the other glass forum! LOL

Sunshine and Steve LMZ have good reputations.

I really sort of went overboard with this....but, it was my xmas present to myself and I got a twofer deal that my little spend thrift ass just could not resist. Anyway, that's my justification and NO, I will NOT be buying any more glass for a good long while!! Like maybe never! LOL

Truly, this was stupid spending on my part and DHGate is perfectly fine for a reasonable cost. I mean, all we are doing is sending some vapor through some water...its not theoretical physics (cause rocket science has become a bit prosaic! LOL)

But, glad you guys like these pieces. :D 8-)
  • Cl4ud3
    Hell I don't blame you at all @Baron, I've got spalted maple stems coming from the US soon, I didn't need them, but Damn you got to treat yourself >:)
  • Halada
    Ended up getting three pieces from DH

D020-D from Sunshine
    FC-1000 from Steven
    A blue double perc from Paramountglass

Kind of liked that piece you got from them Baron (saw the thread at the other place).

Very low price, very low risks, considering the alternatives.

Will update when I receive.
  • Baron23
    Great. Good picks, right? :D

Let me know how your deal with Paramount goes. As you may know, mine came with a very small crack deep in the glass of the MP. Yes, my three day inspection period was over, but the damn thing was never used and while they acknowledged the crack they only offered to provide me with a $10 store credit.

I told them to keep their money and I don't believe that I will do business with them again but also feel confident that my experience was an outlier and your piece will arrive in beautiful condition.

Cheers
  • Halada
    I believe they offered you 10$ because you contacted them outside the grace period of 3 days (?) to report an issue I think? Because of your experience I will make sure to inspect the piece thoroughly upon receipt just in case.
  • Baron23
    Oh, yes...that is indeed why and I believe I acknowledged that in my post above.

But I say again, the crack is very hard to see but its there, its in the glass (no chipping or anything else that would indicate external force causing the crack), and they didn't want to make it good.

Here it is:

341jcwcm57h95eiu.jpeg

uafuykonw69dgogn.jpg
  • Baron23
    Oh, yes...that is indeed why and I believe I acknowledged that in my post above.

But I say again, the crack is very hard to see but its there, its in the glass (no chipping or anything else that would indicate external force causing the crack), and they didn't want to make it good. I did not see it on inspection and only noticed it when going to use it.

I agree, just inspect it completely and thoroughly as they don't see to offer a great deal of good will.

Here it is (and that's a drop of water on the MP, not a chip):

341jcwcm57h95eiu.jpeg

uafuykonw69dgogn.jpg
  • Cl4ud3
    Probably one of the worst places for a chip :(
  • Baron23
    No chip, a crack.

No Coke, Pepsi!

I have found someone who works with indigent and economically stressed MMJ patients and I'm giving it to him to give out to a patient. This piece of glass will work just fine, but every time I see the crack I just want it, and Paramount, out of my house.

Cheers
  • Halada
    This piece of glass will work just fine, but every time I see the crack I just want it, and Paramount, out of my house.

Can't say I blame you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet