• niceone
    I haven't even had my CFC for even 2 weeks yet.
    I have taken the mouth piece off 20-25 times so far. The lid started getting loose a few days in, but just now, it cracked in 2 places.

I am wondering if this plastic is not as heat resistant as they were thinking.

After I hear back from support from both POV and Boundless, I'll report back so you guys will know what to expect if you get one of these.

Current mood: sad
  • Cl4ud3
    :( that's not good
  • niceone
    I just realized that I accidentally wrote "CFX" in the title of the thread. I meant to wrote "CFC". Is there anyone who can fix that, or tell me how to fix that?
  • Dinsdale
    Yikes, that's terrible.
    I'm on day 5, and so far so good, but your report is alarming.
  • niceone
    I looked at it a bit closer, and I can see 2 more cracks in the exact same place on the other side of it.

It seems as if the little bump on each side that holds the mouthpiece to the body is causing stress fractures in it.
  • DregerUS
    pictures
  • Dinsdale
    How hot do you run it? From your original thread, it sounded as if you like to go hot.
    I wonder if I could avoid/delay your fate at my usual 195C (383F).
    Also, is the body damaged too? Or just your mouthpiece?
  • niceone
    cmcefs8v1hvkuyvl.jpg
    vbf15kcsl8qcf75k.jpg

Just the mouthpiece. These 2 pics show each side.
  • Dinsdale
    Aww, that's a bummer.
    At least they can remedy that with hopefully free replacement mouthpieces.

Your plight made me take the mouthpiece off to be attached only for use.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Fingers crossed this will delay what happened to you.
  • Ricky
    Can someone do a review on cfc on you tube ? I can't get it right , clouds too small or vapor too hot . I must be packing it wrong . My mouthpiece fell off a few times when it got hot towards the end of my sessions
  • VapeCritic
    I just updated the post title and im bummed to hear this!!

I should be getting mine any day, I'll post when i do.
  • niceone
    Thanks for fixing that.

Here's the reply from planet of vapes:

"No worries there...we will send you a new mouthpiece under warranty. Mine is chipping a little as well and I think they are going to have to address this. I'll send this over to the warranty department now."

POV seems like a great company to deal with at this point.
  • Dinsdale

That's great to hear. (I bought mine from POV under the same deal.)
    It's disappointing to realize that Boundless didn't do enough pre-release testing, though.
  • niceone
    I think they are going to have to at least remake the mouthpiece out of a more resilient plastic. Hopefully that will do the trick. I don't think they're going to want to have to mail out a new mouthpiece every couple of weeks to people.
  • niceone
    I don't get big clouds unless I make the oven hotter than I would like either. But I do find that even without big clouds, at the lower temperatures, it is doing a decent job of delivering the medicine, so I don't mind too much.
  • Ricky
    Thanks
    I will try it on low temps tonight , I guess I got spoiled using my CF , it makes sick clouds
  • Dinsdale

I don't get thick clouds, either.
    I don't think you can from that small chamber.
    It's not like CFX--CFC's more comparable to Pax 2 with a similarly sized chamber.

I've found that CFC wants a finer grind than my CFX, and that one load is good for around four real good hits, and several more thereafter. I stir once after one session, turn it back on for a couple more draws, and turn it off before the second session times out.
    That's enough to give me a decent buzz. If I'm still craving, I do one more load, and that's good for a couple hours.
  • niceone
    I have had good luck with the first couple draws at 180c and if I am using a high CBD (which I usually am for my health issues) 200c for the last few draws.

I'm curious to hear thevapecritic's review especially if he includes an opinion of the comparison to the effectiveness differences between the CFC and some vapes in the $150-$200 range. I am thinking I may want to upgrade before the end of the year. If another unit extracts more THC and CBD than this one, it could pay for itself in money saved over time.

That said, personally, I still like this unit more than the MFLB that I used to use years ago.
  • Baron23
    wrt the cracking of the MP, based on their reaction to the CFX MP o-ring fit issue, I'm sure that Boundless will take care of everybody if they find that they just used the wrong material for the MP and it needs to be replaced.

At least they made everybody whole with new MP with the CFX.

@Cl4ud3 can probably say more about this as he has followed Boundless closely, but my impression is that these guys are dedicated to vaporist's satisfaction and put their money where their mouth is at.

Let's see what happens.
  • niceone
    The great reputation that Boundless has is the main reason I bought the CFC instead of some other low priced vape.
  • Cl4ud3
    It's a shame this hadn't come up on Monday when the stream was on, I will bring it up with Eric at the next live chat. Eric has said he was considering making an account here but I guess they have a lot to do (he has visited here though) All we can do is wait now and see if its a whole production fault or a one off fault.
    They replaced the whole mouthpiece unit when the CFV had a fault so I know they will fix this.
  • Baron23
    Ah, it was the CFV...not the CFX...wasn't real sure and I thought they sent out the whole assembly to their customers but wasn't sure of that either. I just knew they made everybody whole again.

Thanks!
  • Ricky
    On the Monday live feed they mentioned glass on glass mouthpieces , water adaptor mouthpieces
  • VapeCritic
    Just got mine havent used it yet but mouthpiece does feel kinda brittle, however, the unit overall is smaller and cooler than i thought it would be and doesnt look or feel that bad, stay tuned:

q9j4gotkmib67xav.jpg
    bk5jszlgllolkhh3.jpg
    s8oxxztne2d59ngj.jpg
    4seiwm3rplxz05z2.jpg
    ounfrio3i3gd2qii.jpg
    8xmrxhg2e89hrhyq.jpg
    owqx0kj56gvibh62.jpg
    00ubfvwoyt2y434v.jpg
    v3u96ckjdcv3p0zw.jpg
    Attachments
    IMG_5213 (104K)
    IMG_5214 (109K)
    IMG_5215 (79K)
    IMG_5216 (99K)
    IMG_5217 (113K)
    IMG_5218 (101K)
    IMG_5219 (88K)
    IMG_5221 (113K)
    IMG_5222 (113K)
  • Dinsdale
    ? Mine didn't come with that metal filter thing in the chamber.
  • Cl4ud3
    I think its a spare mouthpiece screen
  • Dinsdale

Yeah, that must be it.
    I was wondering what Niceone was saying when s/he complained of it falling out after every session.
    I don't recall seeing it in photos or Boundless's videos--all they showed was the ceramic chamber with nothing in it.
    I didn't get a spare, boo.
  • niceone
    In one of the live feeds the owner of the company said about that screen, "I lost it the first time I used the CFC. It doesn't seem to effect anything when you don't use it."

PS I'm a he.
  • niceone
    The first side of the mouth piece that cracked has now broken off. I am very gentle with this, and even more since the cracks formed.

On the bright side, it doesn't seem to be effecting it's usefulness as a vape. I just assumed the mouthpiece would stay in one piece for at least a year, if not the life of the whole product.
  • Flipz
    I've been dealing with POV for awhile and only got good things to say about them regarding customer service. I'm sure they will take care of you man!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment