• lolo308
    I was able to clean the clogs with the needles, but the clogs kept on happening. Fumbling with tiny needles is no bueno for me.

Here is what actually ended up working for me in terms of firefly2 clog maintenance/prevention.
    RULE
    **Never use iso alcohol on the oven when it's hot. EVER

Do while oven hot
    1) "Clear" oven immediately after use with provided brush(don't leave product in device). Since the oven is still hot, removing debris is way easier. A soft hand is best, no need to scrub.
    2) After debris is cleared, heat your device and use an air blaster to pump air at the clogged holes.(always clean oven upside down). The one I selected(and really dig) is the Giottos air blaster. https://www.amazon.ca/Giottos-AA1900-Rocket-Blaster-Large/dp/B00017LSPI

Only do when oven is cold**very important**
    1) Soak a qtip in iso alcohol sparingly, make sure to soak off excess in a paper towel etc
    2) Use qtip to scrub the oven. I usually have to apply a good deal of pressure, ie scrub hard. Absorb any excess liquid in the oven with a paper towel. (always clean oven upside down )

Since I started doing this, I have not needed to use the needles to unclog the device

• Baron23
    **Never use iso alcohol on the oven when it's hot. EVERlolo308

Still have any eye lashes left? :joke: (jk)
  • lolo308
    LOL.

It's actually way less funnier than that haha. If you put iso alcohol onto hot oven and any resin therein, you essentially create super heated, less viscous resin....which becomes runny, falls into the holes, cools down...and friggin clogs them even worst.

During the unclogging process I had repeatedly been creating the conditions to create even worse clogs. by using iso on the hot oven.
  • Baron23
    Ah, I get it now. Just had this picture in my mind of you in your kitchen, in a lab coat, scorched and smudged with smoke, holding your FF2 and a bottle of ISO. LOL

98d322e219de181ae188ee3c04d25c32--halloween-themes-halloween-.jpg
  • DaveinSM
    I think it's fairly evident that the Achilles Heel of this cool vape design is a propensity for clogging. What this thing needs-- like all other reliable vapes-- is a screen that can be removed, cleaned, and replaced.

With the Plenty and Pax 2: I love the fact that I can vape a session, leave the herb in the vape, then come back later, heat it up, vape up the remains and then clean it out with no problems.

I think that removing any unused herb between sessions in the Firefly is probably necessary for longterm reliability. I once left some partially vaped herb in it once, and it got quite sticky.
  • abacus55
    PSA: Poking out the holes is super easy using a felting needle. They're extra long and sharp needles made for turning wool into felt, and they have a thick end like a little allen wrench because they're made to be used by hand, so you don't have to poke yourself trying to maneuver a tiny needle. I used a 38-gauge star-shaped one, but honestly any of them would probably work fine.
  • LabPong
    Best way to fix that FF2......get another vape that is not out dated.......so many others to choose from now.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet