• artv4nd3l4y
    Yeah there was a study on peg 400 in 2016 which suggests “peg400 is actually the safest cutting agent for use in vaporiser cartridges because it breaks down less relative to all other alternatives at realistic operating temps”welshman

It seems to be very common for one single fact to be taken as gospel. So because it breaks down "less", then it doesn't matter that it produces significantly higher levels of toxins than the others? I wonder about the logic behind this "conclusion" that was supposedly drawn, and as if any advice whatsoever should be taken from that.

I think my favorite part from the study sourced below would have to be:
    RESULTS:
    Analyses showed that PEG 400 produced significantly higher levels of acetaldehyde and formaldehyde than PG, MCT, and VG. Formaldehyde production was also significantly greater in PG compared with MCT and VG. Acrolein production did not differ significantly across the agents.

The funny part is debating between using any of them as a "thinning agent" is like picking your poison. They're all bad for you, there's a conclusion you can trust.

Source:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28355118
  • Toked23
    @artv4nd3l4y So is there a safe way to do this yet? Mix rosin with something for a cartridge that is safe and works?
  • artv4nd3l4y

Rosin would be fine. Terpene based solutions are available that only use terpenes which are already found in cannabis (generally not taken from cannabis sources however). Testing has shown that dabbing will produce toxins only above 600F due to the terpenes, so at this time there isn't any research to say adding the terp solution is unsafe. Of course that doesn't mean it's safe either, but it's clear that PG and PEG are both extremely toxic.
  • Toked23
    @artv4nd3l4y any reputable companies you suggest for terpenes? Safety, Taste and quality would be most important to me personally.
  • artv4nd3l4y

The only branded terpene solution I haven't tried is from Puff Magic called Synergic. I would recommend Connoissuer Concentrates (from Mr. Extractor) above all else at this point, the funny part is it's the only one that really does what it claims.

I've tried True Terpenes Viscosity Liquifier, and Fogg Labs Cutter which are both full terpenes solutions. Both were poor products overall, and added unnecessary amounts of bad taste, the final solution also grained out which is why I say it's funny to call it a liquidizer. Like I said, most of these companies are just contaminating your product to be perfectly honest.
  • artv4nd3l4y

Here is our discussion of just about every product that is used to mix wax:

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/2774/mixing-wax-into-an-e-liquid
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Hey guys what ratio of liquidizer to shatter are you using a saw a 2:1 is this pretty common?
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @CK13 how many mls of liquid do you ejd up with mixing 2:1??
  • CK13
    2ml per 1 gram concentrate
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal