• VapeCritic
    After I posted asking how I can turn my wax into oil I did some searching and bought what looked like the two best products to do this: Wax Liquidizer and Holy Terp

I'm gonna test them both out and post my results. Both of them say that once you mix your concentrate in it won't separate, we shall see about that.

The Wax Liquidizer is flavorless and the ingredients are PG, PEG200, & PEG400 (fill me in on what that means) - it basically dilutes your wax into an e-juice.

Holy Terp is similar but I got a flavored one called "Jack" with a "slight natural earthy aroma", and the ingredients of this one are: Proprietary blend of PEG400 USP, Propylene Glycol USP, VG USP, & Proprietary blend of terpenes.

The small bottle on the far left is Holy Terp "Pure" (flavorless), which is more expensive and boasts: All Organic, No Glycol, No PEG, No Glycerin. You're supposed to use a lot less of this one when you mix it versus the other two products, so I'm thinking this one will probably be the closest to turning the wax into an oil-like consistency (versus an e-liquid).

lkgs5f0cmvbltfxw.jpg
  • jnick
    please keep us posted i'm curious how this turns out... How much did the bottles cost whats the actual process? Thanks again for all that you do and knowledge you provide....
  • AVENTUS
    Polyethylene Glycol.

No want.

I only use pure cannabis derived or pure food grade terps to thin any oil or flavor any reclaim residue in atomizer. Or to thin any co2 oil or distillate to make it even more thin liquid consistency or more tasty/long lasting (myrcene helps extend half life of THC by inhibiting enzyme which breaks down THC in bloodstream)

Unless I scrape the reclaim and make it into edibles, I don't want terps in my edibles since I don't want them to taste like loud.
  • Baron23
    PG = propylene glycol. Food safe. Used as magic juice to control humidity level in cigar humidifier elements (Credo juice) as one example of its application. PG mixed with water only has 70% of the partial pressure of water. Therefore, a PG/water solution on a sponge or other absorbant object in a sealed container will result in 70% relative humidity (approximately).

PEG - polyethelene glycol 200 or 400 reflects different molecular weight versions of this compound.

Keep the bottles sealed well. PEG attracts and binds with water (as in water vapor in the air also, yeah?)

PG and PEG are supposed to have very low toxicity but we each need to make our own mind up as to what we will ingest. For me, give me the stable concentrates and keep the chemicals.

Cheers
  • VapeCritic
    are these real terps? that pass your test? they're $125 and $225 for 25ml bottles

mrextractor.com/solution/ & theterpenestore.com/products/strain-specific-terpenes-50-grams
  • Gman
    I'm with these guys, I wouldn't add any of that to mine. Can't you just get some distillate?
  • AVENTUS
    25ml of terps would last you years lol
  • VapeCritic
    that's the smallest size i can buy!! lolll, if u have a min take a quick look at their sites and lemme know if u think they look like legit products, i'll buy them
  • VapeCritic
    i'll let u know for sure!
  • Baron23
    Hey Bud...I don't know first hand, but I understand Blue River Terps are the real deal.

blueriverextracts.com/all-products/

Perhaps @AVENTUS is familiar with them?
  • VapeCritic
    Wax Liquidizer first attempt came out nice, easy peezy to do, tastes like it should, hasnt separated after mixing

I mixed 1ml of this stuff with 0.5g of shatter:

8obsjh7ld2psa6o2.jpg
    i54thx4h4tqpokev.jpg
  • Baron23
    Well shit, boy. You dis my VapCap OG for looking like a crack pipe and here you are with a set of works looking like you gonna shoot up or something! :-O :D LOL

So, are you happy with it and what are you vaping it through...what kind of refillable cart do you have?
  • VapeCritic
    LOL you got me there! :-! :-! :-! i'm actually worried about having these pics up now :-}

it's working as i had hoped so far, i'm really looking forward to getting the terps I ordered so i can mix them in and get more of that entourage effect goin on, but i put some in this Atmos PIQ pen I have and it's working fantastically:

4xt5oxowebjaw1gv.jpg
  • AVENTUS
    The only issue with truly pure terps, is that they have solvent action, so it's important that you utilize a device that is completely free of any substance besides quartz, ceramic, glass, steel/ti, amongst any component which makes contact with the oil and in the early vapor path.
  • AVENTUS
    Even in storage in a plastic syringe, strains with high amounts of limonene and other solvent terps, will solve/leech silicone/latex/plastics/rubbers into the oil, which is definitely not wanted.
  • VapeCritic
    100%, i'm gonna use glass carts when i mix up the good stuff with real terps
  • VapeCritic
    Great example of what you DONT want, a shitty ass cartridge with liquid that separates! This was bought at a store in CA but is obv super cheap and mixed with wack fluids, and diluted as hell

gccayf1khrlstmoo.jpg
  • westie
    I recently tried holy terp pure flavorless and to me it had a strange taste to it. kind of soapy almost. I really didnt like it at all, i was hoping i would be left with the flavor of the wax only. I got my hands on some of CC's the solution in ghost OG flavor. I added a few drops and the flavor was much better. still somewhat chemically and fake, a friend said it tasted like pine-sol. but it was much better than the flavorless alone.

My question is...is there a truely flavorless liquidizer out there?
  • VapeCritic
    Wax Liquidizer works good and is totally flavorless, it's just a PG blend and doesn't have any terps in it
  • Baron23
    You might want to look into the safety of PG when vaporized. Its not universally accepted as benign but I think it also hasn't been shown to be toxic. I believe its unregulated and hence a bit unknown.

https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2016/02/propylene-glycol-e-cigarettes.html
  • King Moon Razor
    seeing your post on the terps breaking down in storage makes me wonder how one should maintain their "inventory" of C02 syringes? I've noticed 1 year expiration dates on the C02 oils I enjoy. Should these be used faster than 12 months before expiration? What could be done to minimize this breakdown in storage? Or to extend the life span of syringes full of C02 oils? Thanks for the feedback.

Peace
  • AVENTUS
    yeah a few of my people still use these and I give them shit every time lol

So wack
  • AVENTUS
    most CO2 oil isn't terpy enough to worry about. I mean runny stuff like HTFSE or super oily/sugary live resin. Or pure terps which need to be stored in pure glass/Quartz
  • King Moon Razor
    as always, thanks for the feedback brother.
  • AlchemistTradingCo
    From my testing, Holy Terps for me has a soapy floral taste kind of like the dried flower things put in bathrooms to make them smell better. I have both the Pure and Blueberry (pure) and both had that effect for me. My brother however can not taste that at all. We guessed it must be something like cilantro where some people taste it with a soapy taste that they find unpleasant and so dislike whilst others don't taste any soapy taste and love it. (I'm one of the ones that loves cilantro) As for Connoisseur concetrates, I've purchased the Organic, Essential, and Synthetic sample packs, I think they were all 10 .6 ml or g. No soapy taste, very clean. I use a 10-20% in my mix, so 1g would usually have 5 to 6 drops from their dropper. It comes out very solid state when it cools, I do the double boiler method with glass flat pyrex small clear cups. I use a preheat battery stick that can preheat the cart and if the oil is not near the intake holes, i unscrew it off and flick it down by hand till it covers intake holes. So far, very happy with their product.

On the Eliquid side, I have sample pack of 6 flavors from vapeur extract, 6 from Holy Terp, and I have I believe 6 in the mail on the way from Wax Liquidizer. They mix well, I generally don't follow their recommendations, I use .5g rosin, .05-.1 g ConConc, .5 g vapeur extract or the Holy Terp ejuice. I have also done some mixes where i go .25 VapEx+.25 HolTer. They both come out ok, I myself am not the biggest fan as I love solid state with the smallest amount of extra put in. My brother reports he thinks they taste ok. I've also tested adding Tasty Puffs flavors in, they make it more sweet tasting and smelling... again, I just don't find it comparable to ConConc's synthetic line with .1g per gram rosin.

I have made pure Rosin tanks with runny rosin, they were pretty good, smell very weedy though, definitely not subtle outside if stealth is what one is going for. I also use carts with 2.3mm holes as opposed to 1.8 which seems most other ones have if not even smaller intake holes. The pure rosin tank was made with greenhouse flower, the tests I mention in above paragraphs was with trim rosin. I notice the very dark almost black trim rosin would become dark golden when mixed with Eliquid 50/50 rosin mix. (still use .1 terps) I don't know if im losing a bunch in my large glass syringe or what, I think .89g is 1 ml so I don't know why my 1ml tank is not filling completely with this full mix. Sometimes it does fill, sometimes its pretty short... that part makes me confused. :/
  • Waygrumpy
    I found another great alternative. I am afraid of the terps in that concentration as i was told they are a solvent and can leach plastic rubber etc. So it is non terp for me (at least until i do some more reading.) . I tried Shatter Batter and love it a lot. I even found a code that offered 10 percent off if it works ig20000 . now that i have tried it i wont try anything else. Shatterbatter.com
  • ronin35
    Didn't like shatter batter... It was really disgusting... I have tried all the companies so far, and honestly, the most disgusting was ejmix aka wax liquidizer.... I mean really let just put a glob of plastic in my vape pen and vape it lmao.

The best to worst IMO
    VapeurExtract
    HolyTerp
    FarmToVape
    DBMixPro
    ShatterBatter
    WaxLiquidizer
    puff magic
    ejmix
  • Bruce
    When I am dabbing I don't get that wholesome feeling. You can taste the chemichals, BUT, that doesn't mean every once in a while as a unhealthy treat isn't so bad or is it?

Peace, Love and Vape
  • ronin35
    Robert, being the owner of ShatterBatter.com and everything, surprising you would say that huh?
    Attachment
    Whois shatterbatter-1 (153K)
  • Baron23
    ↪Baron23
    When I am dabbing I don't get that wholesome feeling. You can taste the chemichals, BUT, that doesn't mean every once in a while as a unhealthy treat isn't so bad or is it?

Peace, Love and Vape
    Bruce

If you are getting legal, well made, concentrate you should not be getting chemical taste but it won't every taste like flower, IME.

I don't worry about it being unhealthy so much as I am concerned about keeping my tolerance down to a reasonable level so I try to keep concentrates in their place as a treat and not a daily drive....but that's just me.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment