• OhHello
    I’ve used it twice so I don’t give a shit either way, its $30, for that price I assume there’s a ever so slight death chance just from it blowing up in my face anyway haha
    also there are users like bud, who used it like a normal human being and there are users who are probably smashing the pen a thousand times into the shittiest dirty concentrates
  • VaperG
    8bxzzq7lmt0w1345.jpeg Looks like I have burns on both wires... only had it a week...
  • zancru
    :eyes:
  • BobCat
    Sorry man, but thank you for sharing with the community!! :up: :strong: :victory:
  • Baron23
    Hi Bud....so, what did you find? Any pics of your coil leads/insulation?
  • UbarDog
    @baron23
    i took my coil apart and did not notice any deficiencies in the insulation, i will post a pic of it shortlly, i think this may be an isolated incident and i retract my previous statement about getting what we pay for.VapeCritic

BTW
    Have they stated what material it is that melted. Some things are more hazardous than others.
  • Baron23
    Thanks...overlooked that somehow. :up:

But we want pics!! haha
  • BobCat
    But we want pics!! hahaBaron23
    The one FC gentleman noted:
    "And, I do repeat, the picture is real real close-up. I could not see the melting with my naked eye. It looked like dirt or grit. The miracle of digital photography brought this to view."
  • OhHello
    buds was clean on the live stream
  • OhHello
    is that concentrate all the way up the wires too?

Send that pic to boundless because last night is when they told me they only had those two cases and two pics to go off of, let's force them to change this
  • BobCat
    I’ve used it twice so I don’t give a shit either way,OhHello
    I find this comment disconcerting. It's fine for an individual, but it seems mercenary to me as a member of a community forum. Elsewhere you began a thread asking for reputable CBD flower companies: should people 'give a shit?' The FC gentlemen who didn't care personally about any possible adverse health effects still posted for the sake of others who may care and to help provide data to the claims being made. Make sense?
  • OhHello

To each their own.

"I don't give a shit" meaning for $30 I'd toss it... Make sense?

I wanted a reputable CBD site....for credit card payments ...as it says in the rest of post
  • Vapster707
    Oohhh how tha ppls uproar yet drive cars with recalls and problems yet swear by that brand car :rofl: ... People and companies make mistakes I'm sure it will be fixed ...
  • UbarDog

You must of heard the saying

"its the principle of the matter"
  • OhHello
    No.....but we can Call boundless and get a refund and file a complaint with the BBB.

If Im fine with tossing mine, "not giving a shit" and moving on and leaving it at.. that is my choice, the best we can do is stop buying Bndls products.
  • UbarDog

Lolz furry Muff there mate................... Ufffff
    Your choice is showing zero reguard for others and you openly displaying it. Noice!

Best we can do is spread awarness and information to our fellow vapourologists.
  • OhHello
    I dunno what any of that text means but wake up on the wrong side of the bed today and gotta feel special?

I can't make people's choices, complaints here will most likely go unanswered by boundless, maybe the FC thread or Reddit..I contacted them and posted there reply here. I'm sure they will will correct it and still sell thousands .

These pics are the proof that consumers will base their buys on.
  • BobCat
    Boundless response via FC:

Hi everyone,

At the moment we have two reported cases of a defective Terp Pen coil. One from the OP of the /r/waxpen post and another from this forum. We would like to thank the OPs for bringing this to the communities attention and for the further discussion. It appears that with heavy usage and time, the coil wire insulation comes in contact with the coil itself. This defect will be evaluated and the internals will be redesigned followed by manufacturing changes implemented to further prevent this from occurring.

In our tests and our engineer's tests, this did not occur in any coil. The images convey that the insulation slides down and contacts the element. We are still researching to see if this was a manufacturing glitch during mass production or if this was caused by forcibly pushing the coil into a glass dish or other surface, heavy use, or time. We do see this as something that needs to be reassessed and will do so promptly. From the coils we have opened and have been testing at our office, there have been none found to have this same defect. We have also been working with colleagues who have also expressed that their coils did not show this degradation.

Here are some tips to prevent this from occurring. Firstly, do not forcibly press the coil onto any surface as this can cause the coils to be pushed into the internals. We recommend to lightly dab the coil with concentrate by using a dab tool or pre-load the coil and proceed to use. Also, please take caution to leave some time for the coil to cool down between draws as this can cause the device to get hot.

Feel free to reach out via email to with any questions and if you would like to help us understand the situation with first-hand user data please reach out and we can either create a return label for your coil so we can inspect or we can take a look at a photo of your coil to give us a reference on actual user experience. Thank you for the continued support and please let me know if you have any questions.
  • UbarDog

Not meaning to Be special . Correct side of bed as far as I'm aware.

I just feel that this industry need higher standards, considering we inhale daily from these products . This goes for price as well a quality. I also beleve we should stick together on matters. Regaurdless of the price tag we should not be inhaleing toxic shit from it.

You just seemed alittle blasé about it .

I would like to know what type of plasic they were using. Why is it not tempreture rated ect.
  • VaperG
    I emailed & they want me to send them my coils for further examination. They are emailing a shipping label. So I’ll send them in and see where things go from here. I’ll keep you guys posted.
  • Bud
    Ignore the hairs, I dropped it on my carpet... :sweat:

This is what mine looks like after heavy duty use for a month or two, including with rosin, but i was pretty gentle with it and did clean it out a few times.

My insulators don't look melted or burned, but I do find it a little odd that they would be in the vapor path in the first place :chin:

gryaqrjd2ypuonx1.jpg
  • OhHello
    Eric from boundless did a live stream today...said knows of these 3 cases, will do free upgrades and new coils will have no insulation at all......the live should still be on their Instagram story....we shall see
  • BobCat
    Thanks! I'd imagine most owners never checked the pen for insulate burns so we will never know if the issue was widespread. The design, however, did seem poor.
  • Mangu
    Right! This isn’t just a little mistake with a few issues....this is all around big bad design! Why is there tiny, thin plastic in the vapor path? Right above the heated element? That was a bad idea from conception. The fact that thousands of people went and purchased it doesn’t make this a small oversight, or a little “isolated” incident. Here I am hoping and wishing Trump’s China tariffs does some good and puts this kinda crap outta business.
  • OhHello
    Eric from boundless was just talking about this in Troys live and claims the plastic wasn’t there In any of the coils pre-full on production and that they don’t know why it’s there now...apparently...he also said he watched PIU / @VapeCritic conversation and is taking what they discussed into consideration, said maybe thinks there will be better airflow now blah blah

I don’t know if I believe all that but maybe? But it also seems weird they would “secretly” do that and not figure people were going to quickly break it open and take a peak inside? Ya think they would really be extra checking everything now to
  • VaperG
    I received a pair of new coils without insulation today. I'm currently out of concentrate so I have not tested them yet.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet