• ImjohnyWadd
    I will have the new version sometime this week or next week. I'll have a new ss body and a ti one as wel :). Will give my feedback when I do :)
  • elykpeace
    Ordered one from Sachin at the herb cafe. He said its the newest V2 hoppers. Idk where the v5 body talk comes from but it's a myth lol
  • Baron23
    Idk where the v5 body talk comes from but it's a myth lolelykpeace

It came from one of Hopper Labs email broadcasts
  • elykpeace
    Like I said a myth lol

5 times a charm
  • Terry1951
    I returned one for repair one last June 2018.

Must be the 30th time.

Now they're saying there's another 4 months delay.

That's over 12 months for a repair.

I waited nearly 2 years to get the first one having paid in advance.

I have a 2nd one but rarely use it now.

At home I use the Ghost MV1 which is the Rolls Royce of vapes IMO.

But you have to spend some time getting to know how to optimise your experience.

Although some friends just sussed it straight away and got huge clouds from the off.

Out and about I use the Argo for stealth purposes.
  • EconMan
    I returned one for repair one last June 2018.
    Must be the 30th time.
    Now they're saying there's another 4 months delay.
    That's over 12 months for a repair.
    I waited nearly 2 years to get the first one having paid in advance
    Terry1951

The economist in me is flabbergasted by this company. But more confused by its customers.

I LOVE my Firefly2 but if the above happened to me with it, it would be used for skeet target shooting practice and I would make it my life's purpose to bury that company. So I'm soooo confused...

A month is a ridiculous time to wait for a repair. A year is so absurd it becomes effectively a SNL satire skit. How do they even keep a merchant account...? their credit card "chargebacks" must be through the roof! ? Bizarre. The only explanation is the subset of folks that like them, REALLY like them.
  • Terry1951

I initially really liked it (when it was working).

I'm so stupid I decided to buy a 2nd one so I'd have one while the other was being repaired.

I just ended up with 2 problems instead of one.

In the early days Caroline would ensure a quick turnaround which kinda pacified me.

But when you get to the point that you've shelled out at least $300 on postage to return them, it becomes a bit tiresome.

The one they fixed for me last May, with the new fix, is still working. I took it to Thailand for 6 weeks for stealth purposes and it worked great.

I was one of the first to get a Ghost MV1 which I love (after some initial teething problems). I use that at home. If I'm out and about or if I'm at home but in the mood for a "smoking" type experience I use the Argo.
  • EconMan
    I'm so stupid I decided to buy a 2nd one so I'd have one while the other was being repaired.Terry1951

I don't think it is "stupid" more like "rash". At the time you still liked the company and the product. If my FF2 broke, I'd buy another one because mine is out of warranty now (I think it has a one year?). I would still get it fixed as a backup.

My confusion is how they retain any customers. It tells me that there are those (like Baron) who have had no issues and and no need to use their CS. But ALMOST everyone i know and encounter has some similar story?
  • Terry1951

They kept spinning me the line that I was the only one who was experiencing this level of failures.

And when I started seriously complaining, they started sending me new ones in the box.

But at this stage, I don't really understand how they have survived.

Once they go to the wall that's the lifetime guarantee gone with them.

Vape that looks like a real pen was a cool idea, but that temp sensor seems to be the bugbear.
  • Magicman
    I will be hopper man soon.
  • Baron23
    you need to reread my posts then.

Worked great for 18 months.

Multiple RMAs and I still have two GH that run too cool to waste flower in.

I haven’t felt like doing the dance with them again right now.
  • EconMan

Thank you for correcting my clearly wrong memory. Somehow the part of your posts on the subject I remember was you considering yourself "lucky" being problems free. Obviously not. lol :)
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    fitting it seems to be a smoke and mirros operation :rofl:
  • Baron23
    Hi guys – ok, this is a long post but hopefully interesting to GH owners and vaporists considering a GH.

Here is the back story. I had sent two GHs back on RMA, each under their own RMA number as you have to create them in their website’s support tab against the specific serial number of the device. Last week they notified me, in ONE of the RMA tickets, that ONE of them was shipping back to me (supposedly repaired).

The box arrived on Friday and when opened, to my surprise, both GHs, MP, charger, batteries where in the box. That is, both the one they said they were sending back and the other one which they didn't say they were sending back.

So, I used them last night. The one they said that they were sending back (and did) worked ok. Not as good as the performance of my OG GH, but I ran the session at 4.2 and finished it at 5 and the AVB was nice and brown and the vapor was acceptable. As an aside, my OG GH performance was outstanding...I would run at 4.1 and rarely needed to go above this to get nice full extraction. But, nonetheless, the performance of the returned GH was acceptable and not something I think I can send it back for improvement. All good, right?

So, then I ran the other one...my OG GH....for which they did NOT say in the RMA ticket that it was ready and that they were sending it back. Performance seems to be just as it was when I sent it. Running it max'd on 5, I got Volcano poo looking AVB at best....still more green than I would accept from any other vape and the vapor was on the thin side. Pretty much as I remember when I sent it back.

I did, upon their approval, send both GHs under the two RMAs, back in a single box. I suspect that they fixed one of them and then someone just packed up everything in the bin for my stuff and sent it back and that the other GH had not been actually service. But, this is just suspicion and I do find vape performance to be a very subjective observation so I can't prove it (and can hardly remember it as it was a bit ago).

So, being excited about my recent AVB pics and what they showed, I decided to run both with the same herb (LA Chocolate by Gleaf), and both at temp 5, and take macro pics of the AVB. I have a cheapo USB microscope that you have seen me use to post bud shots and the like. I was recently asked to take pics of ground bud and then the resulting AVB and I did so...it was very illuminating. For example, I have heard some folks distain to grind their bud as they feel that they are damaging the trichs too much. Well, in these pics, I used a BCG w fine plate and yes, you can see where they are a bit twisted up but far from being damaged or at least they are still good with me.

So, I plan to do the same with the GH AVB.

Below is some macros of LA Chocolate from GLeaf after it was ground and the AVB that resulted in my EVO at about 1 o'clock on the dial. Its easy to see in these pics whether its been fully extracted (it was def) or not. This EVO AVB is the bench standard for this little test. It’s the baseline for comparison. Now, the EVO is a plugged in hammer of a vape while the GH is a very small form factor portable, so while I use the EVO AVB as an example of complete extraction, I really didn’t expect to them to meet or exceed the EVO…but I did expect them to come close.

GLeaf LA Chocolate Ground Bud
    b5ee0hy8u9gthuei.jpg

LA Chocolate AVB from the EVO (love that vape)
    shb081l1y1ne6qv6.jpg
    9k10b8p8fpybaiig.jpg

Now on to the GHs.

I have somewhat surprising results.

This is the AVB from the one they contacted me to ship back and which I therefore assume was actually fixed. Killed the load in 4 draws (I believe...maybe did a 5th just to make sure it was as done as possible) at temp 5. Drew until I wasn't getting anything further.

Now, not quite as good as the EVO AVB, but the EVO is a horse of a vape and is not a portable so that needs to be taken into account, I believe. But, a lot more stalks left than with the EVO.

NOTE AGAIN: all of this testing was done with the same exact ground flower. LA Chocolate to be exact (wow, it’s really nice stuff at 28% THC). Also, all sesh's were done with a PFE in an FC-188 as I believe through glass I can really honk on a vape and get the best results possible for this type of testing.

Fixed GH AVB (that is, this is from the one that they said that they fixed). Not bad. Four good draws really killed the load but I took one more to give the AVB every opportunity to look good. Still more trichome stalks left then when compared to the EVO, but I’m not sure I can complain about this result.
    54q6nao089ojn6mt.jpg
    liy002wfsg7jc3c5.jpg

I believe NOT fixed GH AVB
    Now, here is the AVB from my OG GH which they did not contact me about sending back but which appeared in the box with the other one. Vapor was distinctly weaker...actually, just call it weak. I took 7 draws on it until no vapor left and it was as done as it was going to get. I actually expected it to look worse than this but I do believe that this is definitely not as good as the one they said that they fixed AND I don’t think this level of trichome extraction is acceptable.
    qg79wxhygkun6oqf.jpg
    kfg4kcu9t2lzm8a2.jpg

To me, the OG GH AVB is really not as good as the one above which I believe was fixed (although I still get flickering blue lights when drawing except when set on temp 5...dunno wtf that is about).

So, guys....what do you think?
  • UbarDog
    Thats brill!

You should start making a libary of AVB shot from all the vapes you own.

These pictures clearly show thicker tric's left from GH-1 to GH to evo

Please do a Dynavap next !
  • 38spider
    So I am definitely going to take the plunge and pick up the grasshopper vape next yr. during tax return season, I dont know if this means to much stock, but I just recently recieved a message from the grasshopper support team telling me that there is less than a 1 percent chance of having to send on for repairs on the hopper these days , that is music to my ears!!, regardless, im picking one up anyway because I have been wanting one for awhile, if anyone has any 'real' critiques, or info to add in the meantime I look foward to your advice, but in the meantime I will be doing some homework⚡⚡✌✌
  • 38spider
    I would just also like to add that this new/old thread I dug up has givin me info that is priceless, I think i may have everything i need✌✌
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet