• Ctipp22
    I’d say I found a great usecase for this device but it isn’t an at home vape by any means. I love the size !!! Big time. And the build, but if your a heavy heavy user go for a desktop. I’d say the plus is kind of like a lotus in a lot of ways. It’s a sipper , a taster and still will get you high after maybe 4-5 good potent rips. The beginning 3 rips are the best! $300 whatever it was is wayyy to much for this device. If I have to say what I would pay it would be somewhere around 150-200. This device alternatively may be one of the most flavorful vapes period. The only flavor that compares is a coiled Elev8r through a wand. It’s been a fun little vape to throw in my jacket and go.
  • fatbiker
    Does anyone know of a place to buy the FF2 + that accepts returns even if it has been used? I’m very tempted to buy one but if it doesn’t work or I have issues if like to be able to return it.
  • Baron23
    good luck what. I’m not sure I know of anybody who will take a used vape back after use except Incase’s of failure and refund.

Sort of like returning a used toothbrush, maybe haha

It would every nice if they had social consumption so we could gather and hopefully try things out but that issue has only been progressing very slowly.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    tothecloud might have that! But its not a full return i dont think.
  • Baron23
    yep, he takes trade ins and the like and does sell used vapes.

But I think you are right that it’s not a full refund.
  • Ctipp22
    Update: this device is for someone whos tolerance isn't sky high unless you use it for concentrates!
  • LabPong
    Does anyone know of a place to buy the FF2 + that accepts returns even if it has been used? I’m very tempted to buy one but if it doesn’t work or I have issues if like to be able to return it.fatbiker

Pretty much your best bet is to find a discount off retail....then sell it yourself if you do not like it. Probably the best way not to loose your shirt......or socks. :up:
  • beezee420
    its the same but different haha
  • EconMan
    Does anyone know of a place to buy the FF2 + that accepts returns even if it has been used? I’m very tempted to buy one but if it doesn’t work or I have issues if like to be able to return it.fatbiker

@To the Cloud has a "rent/purchase" plan. Try before you fully buy, so to speak. You can buy the first month of it, and if you like it, buy the whole thing.
    However, I don't know ANY merchant who would give a full refund outside of a shipped product defect. Else, you get the "wallmart problem" where people buy stuff, use and enjoy it, and then return on a premeditated basis.
  • EconMan
    My FireFly2 just autoupdated its firmware and bluetooth. It seems my FF2 software now will also run a FF2+. Because the picture is the Plus, not the FF2 og.
  • LabPong
    My FireFly2 just autoupdated its firmware and bluetooth. It seems my FF2 software now will also run a FF2+. Because the picture is the Plus, not the FF2 og.EconMan

Thou whom checks software updates last.....or uses auto updates...shall be the last to bear the fruits of other's "geek labor"!

:nerd:

I just used a FF2+ with flower....and rosin.....yummy. I also finally got a zerbra wood one....I enjoy it's beauty very much!
  • EconMan

I'll have to break down and get one, if only because as a legend in my own mind, I'm sort of Mr. Firefly - lol :joke:
  • mmx
    Mine runs on firmware 3.33 and there are no new updates, just checked. Whats yours?
  • EconMan

3.33 They changed the logo (upside down greek "omega"). I don't know what version it upgraded from as i never paid much attention, since it always worked well without issues. Whoever did the BT coding and engineering, did a very good job. Ever use a device that has shitty BT implementation? It isn't fun.

Here is a screen shot. 14iqh9m643rg1aez.png
  • LabPong
    . Whoever did the BT coding and engineering, did a very good job. Ever use a device that has shitty BT implementation? It isn't fun.EconMan

Yes.....so many devices have crap code written for bluetooth. FF nails it hard on app performance and bluetooth....probably the best experience in an electronic device I have had recently. Super fast and precise are how I would rate the software here. :strong:
  • mmx
    Oh I got that update for a while now. I received Firefly 2 and updated to that firmware like a month ago.

Have you noticed that the green light goes out after some time? I am used to do long slow draws, so I normally stop when it gets automatically shut off. Im getting really nice flavory hits :nerd:
  • LabPong
    I think the heating algorithms changed and this is what you are experiencing. But sometimes I thought the update made the time out sooner.....but probably not....just good flowers distorting my perceptions of it. lol
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    as soon as the ff2+ came out, my firefly 2 automatically updated, i noticed an improvement in performance as well.

To be fair though the deivce was still new to me, could have been placebo effect and ot was just my mad skittles that made it better! Lol
  • EconMan
    the best experience in an electronic device I have had recentlyLabPong

Ditto. This shows the "apple" influence. lol :nerd:

I use the app to quickly change from concentrates to flower (and visa versa) mode. The FF2 works fine without an app, but I've never been one for sequences of binary signaling, especially when getting high.

Had mine about a year now and when I consider how much trouble free use it has given me -- both in flower and concentrates -- in terms of "revealed preference" it is my favorite portable vape. I've yet to find any self-contained portable "pipe" that tastes as good as my FF2. And if I am going to go to the trouble of vaping flower, I want that "full spectrum" of flavor to not be lost; else, might as well just dab some 90+% yet near flavorless thc fractional distillate.

Have you noticed that the green light goes out after some time? I am used to do slow long draws, so I normally stop when it gets automatically shut off.mmx

I haven't. But I've used this device so long now, the lights are not really used by me that much anymore.

FYI: for those who use their FF2 with concentrates. Try this tech.

I set at 500f and 103% calibration.
    Get it started by heating up the chamber via 'cigar puffing".... each puff makes the chamber hotter.
    The eventual goal is to force the FF2 into over heating. So by the 2nd full draw (first run is cigar puffing) I want the FF2 to get the solid red light meaning it's heater has turned off until chamber temp cools down.

Once the red light goes on, it is almost like a torch and banger after that..... fully exhale and then take a slow but long and deliberate inhalation, and the hit(s) you get will be perfect and so tasty.

It is STILL the best portable concentrates vape I've used. Fuck those stupid nasty-tasting and really-fucking-messy pens.
  • LabPong
    I haven't. But I've used this device so long now, the lights are not really used by me that much anymore.EconMan

I found this to be true pretty quickly especially with flower.

As soon as I can taste the vapor or feel it in the back of my throat....stop heating and then keep drawing the vapor for several seconds after.....I get perfect hits with this technique instead of watching the light go off. Most of the time I do not need to pull that long anyway. With concentrates.....yea I will pull longer usually.
  • mmx
    Whats your calibration for flower? I am still experimenting and looking for my sweetest spot.

I tried first at 100%, then I moved to max 111%, which I didnt like. You get massive hits, but not so tasty. Then I moved to 89% and yep, I need to be around here. Now im testing 93% - micro changes for life :lol:
  • EconMan

I think the first name for "calibration (right before I got my FF2 last year) was something like "power boost" or something like that. It was misleading. They renamed it to "calibration" to give it a more representative name for what it actually does -- define "zero" within a linear amplifier.

Hence, if you set it to +105, here is the math assuming a preset temp of 400f.
    Well, 105% x 400 = 420f
    So 400F with a 105 calibration is IDENTICAL to simply setting it to 420f. This is all it does.

Personally, I would have prefered some exponential or other non-linear amplification methods much like a turbo-charger does on a car engine. It does NOT increase power linearly across all rpm ranges.
    FF2+ is $50 off with code “brave”. That’s $199 and it shows free shipping in my cart. They accept PayPal also if that’s important. I’m so close to pulling the trigger. I never tried concentrates in it before I sold mine. Or should I look for a used regular ff2 for less $$ on Craigslist or classifieds here?
  • LabPong
    yo...52.....just pull the trigger. You get full warranty and a new battery.....not worth the hassle if you get a worn out unit possibly from a used one.

↪LabPong
    Whats your calibration for flower? I am still experimenting and looking for my sweetest spot.
    mmx

I never touch the calibration setting.....do not feel a need to. I normally set at 360 or 370F for flower.....and add 100F to those for rosin on the pad.
  • EconMan
    I never touch the calibration settingLabPong

When I dab distillate I like to go in hotter because it is so clean it can take it, so I'll set it at 500f then add 10% calibration. For Rosin, I am like you, perhaps a little hotter -- I go in around 480'ish
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet