• verax
    I got my name on the list a couple months ago. Very much looking forward to adding this to my travel vape rotation. Great design with the replaceable batteries!
    Works upside down as well!
    lqfrraqhhytteyrq.jpeg
    baupr5eecgv3psno.jpeg
  • LabPong
    Works upside down as well!52

That is key for adapters like yours and the shorter DDave one like I have.

Good call 52!
  • martinstraka8282
    That's cool!

I'll have to try this out on my PS Mini, might actually be really handy when I get my glass water wands

You have a shorter adapter? Pic and or link please.
    Does anyone make a 18mm to DV? Mine is 14 and I use a short 14 to 18 adapter.
    Thanks!
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong

You have a shorter adapter? Pic and or link please.
    Does anyone make a 18mm to DV? Mine is 14 and I use a short 14 to 18 adapter.

DDave's short vacpap stem.

When I got my july 2017 Ti vapcap......it came with a thick red silicone o-ring. That was what I believed it was for....I cant find where I stashed it now...sorry. But I just use o-rings around my diy glass stem that has a 510 durlon mp on it. the o-rings work perfect to seal in a 14mm join.

6yc9alZ.jpg

Thanks man.
  • Taz
    0csm74pe9r3e0n4i.png
    Found that one on my Australian vape shop.
  • Magicman
    hfx5tt4pbiqinq7l.jpg
    It is a tiny powerhouse.
  • LabPong
    Found that one on my Australian vape shop.Taz

Taz..that one looks really nice. And I do not use one...but the 18mm joint looks like it would aid in spinning if you are using a torch. The short DDave one (64mm) is hard to spin because it is so short....and you cant really anchor it well in the palm when you spin....so I get wobbly spins unless I use the IH.
  • Ivan van Ogre
    Would it be possible to have three temperature ranges, 320F - 375F - 430F? Doing it this way would allow us to experience three different entourage effects. Also, if it could be set up in such a way that it is physically impossible for the device to go past 440F that would be great. I wouldn't even need battery power for this. If it could be plugged into the wall I'd be happy with it.
  • LabPong
    Would it be possible to have three temperature ranges, 320F - 375F - 430F? Doing it this way would allow us to experience three different entourage effects. Also, if it could be set up in such a way that it is physically impossible for the device to go past 440F that would be great. I wouldn't even need battery power for this. If it could be plugged into the wall I'd be happy with it.Ivan van Ogre

The vapcap doen't work like that. It is a "flash heated" vape. Meaning...the temp is applied to it physically and then removed. So the actual temp of the vape to be vaped....goes from above the target heat to below the target heat very fast....ie the temp is not stable for more than a second.

Also, it is more important to apply the heat to a specific area of the tip/cap for different effects. An induction heater sort of has a wide band of heat pending on coil size/height. So when the vapcap is stuck in the IH tube to be heated up...the depth of the tip into the coil is controlling how the tip gets heated.

But if you want to have the experience you are talking about........Log Vapes dude....that is what they do......plug in the wall for consistent heat to the vapcap element they use.
  • Ivan van Ogre
    Surely the device that makes the heat can maintain that heat for as long as necessary. Imagine that you have Low,Medium and High.

Low: Pinene 311F, THC 315F, Caryophyllene 320F
    Medium: Myrcene 334F, CBD 356F
    High: Linalool 388F, Terpineol 424F

In my experience with the Pax Era the cart will start out strong on each temperature level vaporwise and trail off until nothing is produced at that temperature anymore. But the moment you move up to the next temperature the vapor blooms again and the cycle starts over. I believe this device could work the same way.

If you set the temperatures at 330F, 370F and 440F you could have three separate entourage experiences, and with a high temp of 440F you'd be free of any combustion concerns and you'd know that nothing was being wasted.

And yes, the Log Vapes beckon. But I want to give everyone with a vision the chance to create the perfect (Yeah, I know but I wish anyway!) induction heater. I'd build it myself but I KNOW I don't have the knowledge, equipment etc. to make it happen. At the end of the day if the Log Vapes is still the best option then that's the way it will go.
  • Baron23
    If you set the temperatures at 330F, 370F and 440F you could have three separate entourage experiences,Ivan van Ogre

IMO, absolutely not. I think these boiling point temp tables are the most misleading thing published for vaporists.

The source for the data in those tables were derived from other, compound specific, actual lab work. AND if you trace some of them back to the OG lab work (which wasn't easy to do), you will find out that all of these temps were determined with pure samples of the compound in question and most of these temps were done in a vacuum while some were done at sea level of a standard atmosphere (29.92 inches of mercury, right?).

So, none of what we vape are pure samples of a compound, all of them are contained within a complex plant material matrix, and few of us vape in a vacuum.

I hate those tables and think they have misled a lot of people into believing that they can selectively extract to that kind of resolution.

If you want that kind of individual compound separation, you need to start looking at solvent extraction and then multi-stage fractional distillation.

Just my never humble opinion! haha
  • Boombastik
    newb question;

Im going to get on the waiting list for one of these things.

Pretty sure I want to go with the 15mm. However, on the site it doesn't recommend doing the Temperature control thing. In comparison... Depending on the Herb I like to be around 350-370 on MV1 Ghost before cranking it up.

From the site on temp control... "This feature is being phased out. The new electromechanical power relay is more reliable and delivers vapor of a similar, if not better, quality. I am continuing to offer this feature for those that really want it, but if asked I recommend NOT choosing this option."

The question is; should I go with the new 15mm where I cant control temp or add the temp control with the old relay?

Im guessing go with the 15mm with new relay, no temp control and maybe get the low temp cap from dynavap (just as another option)?
  • bulllee
    I use the 15mm with new relay. I learned when to pull it out a little early for terp y rips or leave it in a little longer for the Dynacoil. I just got the low temp cap on Monday and have been playing around with it and the Flux Deluxe. Pretty fun, and satisfying . I get about 3 decent low temp rips very tasty and 3 cleaner ups per sesh.
  • Boombastik

So basically, I could use the low temp cap three times for terps then switch to the titanium tip for another three (which would be the the higher temp).

This is If I have no idea when to take out early or leave in a little longer after click.

I’m guessing 16mm is not enough heat and 14mm is too much
  • upside
    I’m guessing 16mm is not enough heat and 14mm is too muchBoombastik
    Both 15mm and 16mm are great. I use both and haven't felt the need for more. If I had to choose one, it would be the 15mm.

I just got the low temp cap on Monday and have been playing around with it and the Flux Deluxe. Pretty fun, and satisfying . I get about 3 decent low temp rips very tasty and 3 cleaner ups per sesh.bulllee
    Interesting. My experience is that the induction heater heats so quickly and effectively that it doesn't make much of difference which cap I use. Then again, I prefer to cash a bowl in as few heat cycles as possible, usually 1 or 2. I'd rather have more pleasant tasting experience and leave some life in the AVB for extraction later.
  • bulllee
    So basically, I could use the low temp cap three times for terps then switch to the titanium tip for another three (which would be the the higher temp).Boombastik

That's what i've been doing and it's very satisfying, almost ritualistic.
  • bulllee
    Have you tried the low temp cap ?
  • Mangu
    The Dynavap is not exactly a “controlled temperature” type of vaporizer. You heat it up to certain a point and it’s literally cooling down more and more every millisecond until you decide to heat it up again. IME it doesn’t really matter too much which size coil you get, or if it has an adjustment knob. The reason being, you can heat the VapCap to a point before it even clicks, if that’s what you like. Or you can dip into the heater and leave it there as long as you want. I’d recommend the 15mm with no controls because it’s right in the middle and grants you, arguably, the most flexibility. But you could easily get the 14mm and pull-out before the click or you can easily get the 16mm and leave it in there for longer to your liking. I once considered that the 16mm, if you tend to leave engaged in heater for longer would waste more battery life? But that’s even a tough difference to confirm because from my understanding the 14mm coil actually consumed more battery life during each heat cycle due to more aggressive heat up time.
  • upside
    ↪upside Have you tried the low temp cap ?bulllee

Yes but only with an IH so far. It tends to add 1 heat cycle to my usual 1-2 cycles. It's worth mentioning that my stuff is likely on the drier side cause I haven't been using Boveda packs lately.
  • Terpenetime
    My wait is finally over! :pray:

I got on the Flux Deluxe waiting list on the 30th March so it has taken a little over 7 months to get to the point where I can actually place my order, which I did this evening. Having said that, at the time I joined, Mr_C was still ironing out some teething problems so production was suspended until around May IIRC. Consequently, I think that anyone joining now can expect a somewhat shorter lead time, especially since he will soon be having the cases pre-drilled by the supplier.

I decided to go with a 15mm coil plus all the options and I can’t wait to see how it performs.
  • gnk
    Get good 18650s and you'll love it!
  • Boombastik
    has anyone used the 17mm?
  • Pud
    he has a 17 now? Wow I thought everyone was saying the 16 was pretty aggressive
  • Magicman
    I am 15mm man.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube