• Boombastik
    I dont have a 17mm I just read that the larger size provides excellent heat penetration vs the 16mm just wondering if anyone has used it.
  • Pud
    I didn't know he was offering it so I'm curious as well. Seems most are gravitating to the 15 that's why I was surprised he went larger.... interesting...
  • Boombastik
    I didn’t know he had 17 either until I scrolled down the faq resources page.

Off the bat I assumed 15mm. looks like you could leave the ti tip in longer with 16mm

But 17mm seems interesting; yes it takes longer to heat but it’s a larger heating area.

Maybe I’m just being way indecisive. All I know is I’m going to go with an XL titanium and respect the click
  • Pud
    oh I love my xl... and it's a double click heat/cool and it's awesome! :joke:
  • Ivan van Ogre
    You make sense. I will let the temp-stepping dream go.
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge, it made a difference!
  • Magicman
    5muhw7powfq5xy4b.jpg
    I am 14mm man.
  • Baron23
    I’m on list. Was thinking about going 15mm.

Have you used or seen a Flux w 15mm coils?
  • boze
    I opted for the 15mm coil and I really like it. My Pipes Jarhead is slower to heat and takes more heat cycles to fully extract. You can cheat past the click with the Jarhead, especially on the first hit. With the FD you can finish in three or maybe four heat cycles and no fucking around past the click. I prefer an aggressive induction heater since vapcaps aren't the best choice for flavor or temp stepping. As an aside I have yet to use my dynacoil so I can't speak to IH technique for concentrates.

I also recommend the battery level feature as an FD add on. You just push the switch backwards for a combo of the green and amber lights to show how charged it is. It doesn't give you an exact number but it's way easier than taking the cells out to put them on a charger (which I never do anymore).
    pdzk3nje23p5e0xz.jpg
  • Baron23
    thank you so much. Exactly the feedback on 15mm Flux I was looking for.

And I rather favor a stronger heater and pull at the click for the same reason as yourself.

Thanks for the tip about batt level. I was considering incl that when my turn come up.

Cheers
  • Magicman
    @Baron23
    The clicks must be respected, and there isn't much time between the two clicks. I often count in my head to make sure I do not overheat as sometimes the click can be hard to hear over surrounding noises.
  • Baron23
    I too count as I'm half deaf and keep my finger on the VC as I can feel the click if not hear it.

And yes, if people just respect the click the VC works wonderfully, torch lighter or IH.

For a number of reasons, I think your Flux is the best one available out there. I'm on the wait list and hopefully his outsources of the cases and hole drilling will speed up his part time job of making these things. I really look forward to it and they look like they are built like a brick shit house. I like that.

Thanks for the reply.
  • Pakalolo2
    I too opted for the 15mm version and it has changed my world with my Simrell DynaVaps! By far the best choice in IH’s and well worth the wait.
  • Baron23
    Thanks!! Yeah, I'm thinking 15mm is for me.

I'm not a stud like @magicman who can handle that hot 14mm (just kidding around MM.... :-) )
  • BestBuds
    Someone texted me today and said Fluxer said on FC that they're is a new heater being built for the vapcap? Something about how it's going to run off a cigarette lighter socket in a car? :sweat: Sounds like bs to me, but.... Anyone else hear this? :chin:
  • Baron23
    he did say he had a new product project going and the cig lighter sockets seems kind of familiar but can’t swear to it.

Not something I would be interested in. But when I was 17.....haha
  • Pud
    the cig lighter in the car can be used to charge the batteries but batteries still have to be used when using the heater... he just has one big page so it's like half-way down.... https://fluxerheaters.com/flux-deluxe

he has two videos explaining the different coil sizes using either a steel or titanium tip which you were asking about the other day. Not sure if you can glean any additional info... hope so.. https://fluxerheaters.com/faq-and-other-resources

roigjk6xep6grtns.png
  • BestBuds
    Oh that must be it! Haha not as exciting as I was thinking. Thanks guys! :up:
  • Pud
    have you seen the Mother Fluxer? It's been a concept for a triple battery unit that says coming soon... I'm not really clear on the differences though other than it has capability of using the bigger batteries... Plus he's switching to using more analog parts so he thinks will increase reliability
  • BestBuds
    I really only need a heater for one handed operation. I've become comfortable with the flame and I am getting better hits that way now.
  • Bruce
    Looks really great. My first thought when I got my Dyna Vap Collection, is torch replaced by the induction. For me thats an everyday, home vape, Very adjustable. If there is a pocketable induction heater. It has the cool factor.. like techno cool, Put Dyna Vap in induction, and draw away. It looks super cool.

Now vaping with the Pax 3 - Wedding Cake 70/30 29.4 THC - small load. course grind - Elevated fo a bit longer. Nice Whitish Taste Excellent.
  • John Cocktostone
    I use flame when I want those really heavy hits... kinda been using the heater at day and torch at night
  • BestBuds
    I'm getting some great low temp hits I basically vape my bud till it looks like straw, then I brown it on the last hit. :starstruck:
  • Magicman
    eptf2646n51as5dj.jpg
    As much as I want a fancy VapCap stem, the heater is even more important. A free stream gifted M with the flux is dope gun #2.
  • Ivan van Ogre
    My experience with the 'M' mirrors your comment well. How much material is in the chamber? How tightly is it packed, loose vs. tight buds, torch vs. candle vs. IH, there are so many conditions that can change the outcome in so many ways that it's tough to really predict with any certainty what results I will get when I follow a certain path.

My plan now is to purchase a log vape, start it at 5 and work my way up the temps as slowly and methodically as possible so I can learn the entire temperature range available to me.

So long as I can reliably avoid combustion and I can vape it down to zero THC AVB I will be satisfied. Taking the candle out of the equation makes conditions a lot safer too.
  • Baron23
    I’m on the list for one.

:up: :100:

And I do like the blue of your case. Nice.
  • bulllee
    Jeff at Flux rocks. He really cares about your satisfaction. I can't say enough good stuff about his heaters.
    His work is :100: :fire:
  • Baron23
    he does GREAT open and transparent communication in his thread on FC.

Pretty cool cat, IMO.
  • bulllee
    I must say after some testing I'm blown away by the performance of my Flux Deluxe. He adjusted the coil height, new PCB, it's friggin awesome. I have a Lucid which is good, but this Flux Deluxe has way better extraction, more of a punch if that's possible. I'd try to do the stopwatch on it, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon. :rofl:
  • Magicman
    I am sorry for not showing the "guts" more often.
    59l17zm2qmpgoh5z.jpg
  • BestBuds
    I never realized it had a magnetic lid. :chin: I like that...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment