• LabPong

Bobcat....for me the importance of the tool is to set the CCD in perfectly and quickly. You can pretty much use almost anything to push the CCD out...though some things will bend them up a bit.
  • Will90
    Has anyone here used a different type of screen with the dyna? Thinking of trimming a regular screen down so I don't have to overpay for a tiny piece of metal.
  • LabPong
    Has anyone here used a different type of screen with the dyna? Thinking of trimming a regular screen down so I don't have to overpay for a tiny piece of metal.Will90

Will....I actually use the Ti CCD with a regular SS screen I cut down. Many of the smaller screens that are pre-made to those smaller sizes...the wire gauge is too thin to keep them in without moving around as soon as you stir it. Or .....some just push a screen down to the pinch area and have a big bowl.

For me....any little bit of resistance the SS screen would add...is not noticeable and it helps keep everything so much cleaner....enabling you to go longer with out taking it apart and dealing with cleaning and rebuilding it.
  • Will90
    Noted.. Thank you bro!
  • Hapo
    ...I was starting to think I was the only one having issues...starting to see why I was ignored...

...I have to admit the Dynavap is getting a workout lately despite my frustrations with it...

...I am also remembering what I liked about it...it is my Corona crisis vape fer shur...
  • BobCat
    I'm fortunate. The 'digger outer' as George calls it, sets the screen fine for me. I like the fact you don't need a zillion gizmos for Vapcaps. One good thing about having to stay at home is I fell in love with the Omni XL all over again. :victory:
  • LabPong
    One good thing about having to stay at home is I fell in love with the Omni XL all over again. :victory:BobCat

I seem to be using mine more as well because of the @%#&! virus situation. I also seem to be dabbing more....oops. lol
  • spider
    hey so I have a quick question on the omni XL, I use to have a nonavong and it hurt my throat. I was thinking the Omni xl might be better because I can let air in with the adjustable mouthpiece,

My question is can you set the adjustable mouthpiece and not have to mess with the port hole at all? The adjustable mouthpiece is very tempting to me, I feel like the air ratio may solve the throat soreness I use to have w/ my nonavong.
  • BobCat
    My question is can you set the adjustable mouthpiece and not have to mess with the port hole at all?spider

I'm slower than usual today so not certain I am following. You turn the mouthpiece to adjust the air port hole. I got my air port where I like and haven't adjusted it in nearly 2 years. You can open it all the way up or close it.

Let us know if that wasn't what you're asking.
  • spider
    yes that's what I was asking. I'm interested in the omni Xl because I want to be able to set it, and forget it. I dont want to mess with the port hole so that's what appeals me to the Omni model. When I had my nonavong I always had to mess with covering the port hole so I like the fact that you can set the mouthpiece and be done. Thanks.
  • Ivan van Ogre

SS screen is great that way.
    Poke it out regular and once in a blue moon drop the whole thing in some iso and you're good as new.
  • Ivan van Ogre

I'll bet that glass stem on the bottom has never combusted.
  • Ivan van Ogre

I use the SS screen in ALL of them and it all works fine. I keep the Ti's as backup screens.
  • Ivan van Ogre

Yeah, the first thing I've always done is rip out the condenser. It's born to be clogged and I don't find any improvement in the toke to make that pointless hassle worth it. Remove the condenser and upkeep almost becomes a non-issue. Simple is good.
  • Ivan van Ogre

"Low-temp cap paired with a TI tip on a glass stem."
    You've ticked all the best boxes with this; just add SS screens and you'll have it all.
  • Ivan van Ogre

I use the Strongarm Adapter as a stem and it works wonderfully.
    I've never combusted with it and I'm not sure why.
    It ain't pretty but my old cramped hands like it.
  • BestBuds

A few tips for you. Did you know you can quote the comment you are replying to? That way when you reply to someone they know what the hell your talking about :joke: You are also able to make a rather large post rather than posting 10 back to back ones. It's much easier on the eyes. :up:
  • Magicman
    For some reason, it takes 6 days to ship to Atlanta a very tiny package from Dynavap land. Ridiculous.
  • Ivan van Ogre

That's a good idea. I do that with YouTube all the time and it makes even more sense here because when I try to comment it always jumps away and I can't remember what I was saying. Copying and Pasting the original post into the answer puts it in context. Thank you BestBuds.
  • LabPong
    Yeah, the first thing I've always done is rip out the condenser. It's born to be clogged and I don't find any improvement in the toke to make that pointless hassle worth it. Remove the condenser and upkeep almost becomes a non-issue. Simple is good.Ivan van Ogre

For me....right away it was to eliminate all parts that were contaminating taste in the air/vapor path. The side benefits of getting less draw restriction and ease of cleaning are a +.
  • BestBuds
    Copying and Pasting the original post into the answer puts it in context. Thank you BestBuds.Ivan van Ogre
    You are welcome! On my phone all I have to do is highlight what I want to quote and the quote button appears in the top right 2sdkmf2el5el8lfs.png

Or you can copy and paste the text in this icon zv6epwrls1xle8zh.png
    on top of the text box.
    :up:
  • Will90
    I'm sure this has been discussed a million times.. just curious what kind of tip you guys prefer these days? I've never used a Ti tip.. Thinking about snagging one with the pre-order discount. I use my dyna in my induction heater 99.9% of the time, how does the ti tip work with an ih?
  • BestBuds
    I prefer the ti tip, it has a better flavor imo. But the SS holds heat longer I believe. But I don't know how the redesigned ss tip works. It might be great?
    I always burned my herb with SS. Not anymore with the ti tip
  • Will90
    Thanks! Better flavor because of the lower heat retention? Or you think the titanium actually gives off a different taste than the SS?
  • LabPong
    Will.....diff taste because of the metal difference. But biggest diff besides that is heat up cool off times....they are faster. You will not have the time to let it go very far after the click(s).

So you will sort of go from maybe getting a couple draws off 1 heating...to one good one.

I like the Ti much better because I only do single draws with each heating.....in a rig.

The multi level CCD steps are nice to have in the Ti, though the new 2020 M has a dual step for it now.
  • BestBuds
    Ya know, I am not completely sure... :chin:
    I think it's the way each holds heat and not that the SS gives off a flavor. But I can taste it. I taste only the herb in my ti tip but my 2018 ss tip I could taste hot metal too. I woodburn (pyrography) so I have razor tip pens that heat up cherry red and it's the same smell/flavor.
  • Will90
    I only ever take "one good one" as well.. So I think I'd prefer it. Thanks guys
  • LabPong
    Will....I would advise you to get the Ti tip with Low temp cap! Best combo...

Dynavap should not of called it the low temp cap...should of been "high control" cap.
  • Will90
    Interesting.. Could you tell me a little more about your experience with that combo?
    I had a theory about the low temp caps last night.. Do you think there's any possibility that the "low temp" caps are actually "imperfect" caps, that click prematurely, and they've branded them as "low temp." I suppose you would need to compare multiple against each other to check if they all click at the same temp.
  • LabPong
    To me....using the low temp cap....allows you to have a wider range of control over heating. You can go over the clicks a touch longer than a regular cap....but it is not as sensitive to the tipping point of combusting like the regular cap. It sort of has a little buffer built in with the click going off slightly earlier than the regular cap.

It is like it gives you gears to heating and you can tell easily in the vapor you get....so it really helps you dial in the different techniques of hitting a vapcap and find what works....and what works for you more importantly.

I find my sessions with the vapcaps now is ending in many satisfying draws..where in the past I would push it too much and often and sided on too hot of a hit ....which meant loosing out on the tasting end of it all through the load.

Now I can easily tailor the type of hits I want with my heating technique with more precision which gets me more of what I want from various strains or what I need at that moment.

I also feel the Ti will be a touch harsher than the SS....but SS mutes the taste and is somewhat smoother. So if you go through a rig...it may not matter either way pending on what you are like or want.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment