• okla68m
    GRRRRRR, Not what I wanted to hear. Expected it, but, to have it in front of me, GRRRRR !!!

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for your patience regarding this!

We are extremely excited to release the new Legacy, we are working diligently in hopes that it can be released very soon! The outbreak of the virus did slow us down a bit, but it should still be released by the end of April.

Please let us know of any other questions or concerns. :)

Thank you again, we greatly appreciate you! Take care and stay safe!

Warmest Regards,
    Bernadette and The AirVape Team
    Tel. (424) 293-3336
    Fax (424) 500-8616

Los Angeles, CA 90034
    AirVapeUSA.com

Show more
  • Grogglin
    Ordered my Airvape Lagacy for $99 last night. Going through the specs, this vape has every bit of potential to be better than my mighty(#1). I dont see many pitfalls other than a short airpath, which imo isnt a big deal. Aside from that, the vape has it all. Staying optimistic.
    Stay up
  • Derek
    Bud, have you used this yet?
  • okla68m
    Its Not released yet !
  • Magicman
    I am am a "hell no" in this gadget.

Looks like a deconstructed FireFly2.
  • Grogglin
    @Magicman the vape is a session unit vs on demand like the firefly.
  • elykpeace
    Got my refund.. good luck early adopters
  • henrylefleur
    Did they give you any trouble?
  • Baron23
    may I ask why? Just curious is all.
  • John Cocktostone
    I wonder if they will stay afloat with everything going on.
  • LabPong
    elykpeace
    may I ask why? Just curious is all.
    Baron23

I am guessing to pay for the pre-order for that new IH that is supposed to drop start of next month.
    :wink:
  • elykpeace
    haha yeah I'm grabbing a toggengear Alpine when it drops. @Baron23 just wasn't liking the copy/paste answers. Never found out if it's cooking the herbs while not enhaling ??..claims convection heating. Got another code for 130$ if I really want to jump back on. Hopefully it's released this month but I didn't feel like sticking around.@henrylefleurI emailed the one that had the purchase info and asked for a refund asap and aki emailed back a few hours later. Should take another day or two to go back into my back but they sent a confirmation email that I was getting refunded.
  • elykpeace
    Edit: refunded this morning in my bank account

If it gets good reviews when it comes out I might check it out again
  • legbuh
    Ugh.. if it's like a firefly 2 I don't want it.. and I ordered it in Feb!

I have an XS go and love that.. I also have a firefly 2 that I can't give away.. lol But if you get it hot and hotbox it it's ok.
  • legbuh
    I have yet to see the firefly 2 work as "on demand". And this new legacy is touted as on-demand as well. Shoot.. I hope I didn't just buy another firefly 2.
  • henrylefleur
    It's not on demand. There have been actually a number of us who pre-ordered who are not happy about that. Despite Apollo repeatedly calling it "pure convection," they also have stated that the vape continues to heat the herb even when you're not drawing on it. Also, like the Airvape X, it works like a session vape; once you press the button, it stays on for however long whether you're hitting it or not. All of which gives the lie to the idea that it's a "pure convection" vape. I'm still wondering if I should ask for a refund.
  • legbuh
    Maybe I was thinking because of the micro dosing piece it would be more like a on demand. man, I may just ask for a refund too. I don't need another mediocre vape. Especially if it's ANYTHING like the firefly 2. That thing is a POS. Not on demand either.
  • EasyToSlip
    I think you are getting hung up on the "on demand" thing. Based on the limited information that they published, it is clear that this is a convection vape. That is the primary difference between this and their other vapes like the Airvape X. The reason that they don't describe it as "on demand" is you turn on the heater and it gets to temperature and stays there for a certain time period. You don't have to depress a button the whole time you are taking a hit. During the session time if you are taking a hit you are drawing the hot air through your material and that is when you are heating the material. When you are not taking a hit the heater is still on, but you are not pulling the air through the bowl so you are not cooking your herb (at least not much...). We will see how this works in practice but it could be the best of both worlds – the simplicity of a session vape and the performance of an on demand convection vape.
    @legbuh You seem to be confused about what "on demand" is. The FF2 is the definition of on demand. They don't get enough credit for their super fast heat up time. 3 second heat up time for the first hit and less for subsequent hits.
    Because of the way the Legacy works it is 15 second heat up time for the entire session and 0 time for every hit after the first one. If the Legacy actually works this way I think it will be great. Who cares if they all it a "session vape" or an "on demand" vape?
    The G43 is 3 or 4 minute heat up time to start your session and the zero time for each hit after the first one. The G43 is convection. And also a session vape.

That is another point... Just because someone describes their vape as a "session vape" doesn't mean it has to be conduction. Conversely an "on demand" vape isn't necessarily 100% convection.

Regarding the Legacy, we will have to see when we get our hands on it. My hope is that it is a very good portable convection vape. The Airvape X is really solid. It happens to be conduction, so it is not my favorite in terms of flavor or smooth vapor. However you can't beat the convenience. I am used to the Ghost MV1 or the FF2. If the Legacy extracts the flavor and effects of the MV1 and the FF2, it will be a big winner. hopefully we will find out in the next few weeks.
  • Baron23
    It sounds like, for example, the Fury2. Full convection but it heats up and stays on.
  • legbuh
    if ff2 is the definition of on demand, I'll stick with other vapes and a one hitter for on demand. :)
  • EasyToSlip
    Did anyone else get a Legacy? Let's discuss...
  • John Cocktostone
    I did and liked it at first but it's too dirty for me.... I'll cycle it in here and there but as a daily driver I just got sick of cleaning it. Also it was very inconsistent in delivery.

I do like the airpath though it has a small amount of silicone and the battery life is great and easy to swap out.
  • LabPong
    Legacy seems like a one bowl Haze Square!
  • Grogglin
    I bought the legacy for $100, used it a handful of times. Sold it shortly after. INVEST in the mighty or crafty.. UNDEFEATED.
  • EasyToSlip
    I got one for the $100 pre order price. I do use it regularly. But it is really bizarre. I ended up putting a screen in the bottom of the bowl. It seems to diffuse the airflow and leads to more even vaporization of the dry herb. Prior to adding the screen I was getting charring and a definite hot spot in the center of the bowl. Airflow is good. It is really convection. Battery lasts for several bowls.... The bowl is small. Fast heat up an re heat time. Good thick vapor. Long or short hits. I have had consistent results when I use on demand mode.

I have learned how to make it work for me, but there is definitely something wrong with my unit. Is it a design flaw? Defective Unit? Needs calibration? or What? Can't tell, and the manufacturer has been strange about this through the whole process. It seems like they don't understand their product.

Problems:
    • Temperature is not calibrated properly. My unit runs very hot. I was getting combustion at 380 F in session mode. Tried different grinds and packing techniques... Combusted. Turned the temperature way down... charring @ 325..
    • Microdosing basket doesn't work (wrong size) but who needs it anyway.
    • Loading is annoying. There is a ridge around the bowl that accumulates your material... Why?
    • Cleaning is annoying. Silicon gasket on the lid. "Button" on the top of the bowl gunks up. Needs iso rub at least every other bowl. Little tiny micro screen clogs up and needs iso. I know I will lose that.
    • wireless charging is nice but very slow.. (Of course you can swap out battery and charge yourself...)

The way I am using it, it is really like an unregulated vape. The temperature setting has no meaning. I put it in on demand mode. Then the heater is on when button pressed. I set max temp to 350. I push button, wait a few seconds and start to inhale. I keep the button pressed (and the heater on) until I feel the hit getting dry on the back of my throat... Stop heater and continue to draw for a few more seconds... Result is a good strong hit. As you would expect with a convection vape, the first few hits are very tasty.

The Airvape Legacy is actually very similar to the portable G 43 design. Legacy has a different heating method and a fancier box. They both have removable 18650, part of the air path is a glass tube. The G43 is calibrated at the factory... (or if you have the mod version you can set the voltage to get the proper heating performance). The Legacy does not appear to be calibrated, but I can control the heater using the on/off button. The G43 heats up to the proper temperature and holds steady for an entire session. The Legacy quickly heats up and cools down.

Anyone out there have experience with the Legacy? I think it has great potential. But it is not right at the moment.
    What about dealing with the company? Airvape or Apollo or whoever? They seem lame... Their Airvape X is a solid product if you like conduction vapes. But, they don't seem to be able to market or support the Legacy.

Please share if you have tips or tricks...
  • bulllee
    Sounds like you have a defective unit. I too got one of the pre-orders for $100. This vapes just like a Firefly, The draw is real important I found. Imo it hits like any other on demand and it works just like the Firefly cause you gotta stir for great results. They are suppose to send out the right micro- basket, idk if it's anything like their roll out of the Legacy we could be waiting for awhile, jajaja. It does need to be cleaned for optimal usage. I would never pay $295 but for $100 bones it was fun. Imo your better off with any Sticky Brick, one of the best on demand convection vapes out there :wink: :cool:
  • Gman
    I find it's great for vacation because of how long the battery lasts. It's not as powerful as the Tinymite but it really does the job.
  • Bud
    I'm gonna get my hands on one of these as soon as i can
  • EasyToSlip
    Yes! Would be good to get your take on it. There are no real reviews out there as far as I can tell. A Vape Critic Review would be amazing.
  • Trix
    I really wanted to like this vape but after a week or so I ended up returning it. Luckily Airvape does have great CS and did give me a full refund.
    The vapor never tasted good no matter the temperature.
    I liked the design and the battery lasts a very long time but I never had a single bowl that I enjoyed.
    Maybe I had a faulty unit as others have reported good results. A vaporizer shouldn’t be that difficult to dial in. In my opinion there are way better options out there over this one.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment