• fatbiker
    I've had my Dynavap for about two weeks now and I'm already sick of spinning it with a torch..... I am desperate for an IH but am uncertain about spending $150 on a portable unit. I would not be happy with a desktop/plug in version. I feel for the extra money a portable would be way more useful than a desktop. Especially when I am on the go.

Thoughts on the MagHeater? Their Compact model looks quite appealing. Fluxor seem nice but a super long wait and at a premium price.
  • ScentNomad
    Thoughts on the MagHeater? Their Compact model looks quite appealing.fatbiker

I own the Mag Heater Professional, which is basically the same as the Compact minus a few improvements. I'm using it for about half a year now and it's just absolutely amazing. Great performance (5 seconds → click when it's cold, 3 seconds when it's warm, ~1 second beyond for extra toastiness is allowed, very intuitive to work with). One charge will give me about 8-10 sessions which might not sound like much, but then again it only takes 15 minutes to fully charge. It's also pretty sturdy and water resistant (can be used outdoors even when it rains). The improvements the Compact offers are pretty cool, they allow to adjust the tubes height and swapping batteries on the fly.

Recently the Mag Heater guy made a deal with https://vapeurshop.com/ who will manage sales of the Compact (and his other DV accessoires) while his site will only manage his higher endish models.
  • fatbiker
    I'll have to look into them further. I live in the US so shipping may be an issue. I am interested in something that will hold a charge for a few days of use. I can't be tied to a wall always charging it.
  • ScentNomad
    I'm not quite sure, but I think when it comes to battery life, the Fluxer would be on top of the list. Unfortunately you'd have to cope with being at the bottom of a long waiting list.

I'm using a usb-charger for my Mag Heater which is also offered by MH so when I'm outdoors I can charge it with a powerbank.
  • LabPong
    ↪ScentNomad
    I'll have to look into them further. I live in the US so shipping may be an issue. I am interested in something that will hold a charge for a few days of use. I can't be tied to a wall always charging it.
    fatbiker

If you want it to last for days....that would depend on how many heating's your actually talking about.

If you get one that uses 3- 18650's....your in. The others are usually only about 800-1200maH powered...and they will get you like 50-80 heating's at the most.

My Pipes Skeletor, now a kit form from him....rocks as it uses 3- 18650's and lasts me a month worth of heat ups.

I did pre-order the Alpine from the new source vapes now run by Randall. I will take a chance for $84 on its 1000mah power cell.

But most important feature to me.....the ability to use one hand and not have to turn the heater on and off manually buy pushing buttons all the time. I would rather use a torch than those types of IH's.
  • Terpenetime
    when it comes to battery life, the Fluxer would be on top of the list.ScentNomad

With 3 x 18650’s it’s certainly right up there :100:
  • ScentNomad
    But most important feature to me.....the ability to use one hand and not have to turn the heater on and off manually buy pushing buttons all the time. I would rather use a torch than those types of IH's.LabPong

I don't get what you are referring to here. Which IH would make you have to push buttons all the time? The ones I know all allow one hand action.
  • Baron23
    I am not aware of the history between SourceVape and Bud.fatbiker

Oh, it was quite a dust up and even worse was his IG interactions with his customers....deleting any negative comments, cursing out his customers who had a complaint, etc. Maybe his biz was going downhill and it was the stress of that which caused him to act out...dunno...dunno the guy at all. But no, I would not do biz with him.

Like I said, Randall is a more complex story with what seems like many sides and I have never really looked into the whole series of moves so I really can't say. I kind of liked him during CFX and live stream days but then didn't care for what they did with the Terra (which was eventually fixed but I think that may have been Randall's swan song at Boundless). TBH, I don't have any reason to not trust him....but again, I really haven't looked too deeply into all of this....enough drama in my own life! haha
  • Baron23
    I'm not quite sure, but I think when it comes to battery life, the Fluxer would be on top of the list. Unfortunately you'd have to cope with being at the bottom of a long waiting list.ScentNomad

Indeed, it would be very hard to find a portable with more power than the 3 x 18650 of the FD. But, the wait is indeed about 6 months (but he has taken some actions recently to seriously speed up his thru put) and its not cheap at all.

But, I have a Lucid (same as one Bud has...different case, but same stuff basically) and it has a little flat pack battery that ain't much. Yes, it charges quite fast, but discharges quite fast and performance seems to decline sharply after half way point on battery charge.

That the prime reason I got on the FD wait list...and he's working on finishing up last July and I'm an Aug wait list person so I expect to be able to complete my order fairly soon.

Mag stuff looks cool...has some very cool features. Made in....EU somewhere?
  • ScentNomad
    Mag stuff looks cool...has some very cool features. Made in....EU somewhere?Baron23

Made in Germany. :grimace:
  • fatbiker
    Let me ask a quick question about battery life. The Alpine 2020 has a 1000 mAh battery. Meanwhile. some of the other portables have three 18650's. If an average 18650 has 3000 mAh then wouldn't the portables that have three equal 9000 mAh? I'm just trying to compare the two options.
  • LabPong
    I don't get what you are referring to here. Which IH would make you have to push buttons all the time? The ones I know all allow one hand action.ScentNomad

I mean the ones that do not have the heater activator button in the bottom of the tube. So you just push it down and lift

The ones that you have to start and stop the heater by pushing a button or flipping a switch every time you insert and take out the vapcap.
  • fatbiker
    I correct my question above. I thought the Alpine 2020 had a 10,000 mAh battery. I typed 1000 which is correct but I was "thinking" it was 10,000 mAh. I check again after I typed the message and realized it has only a 1000 mAh battery. I'm thinking that's a bit too small for me.

So, an IH with three 18650's would be a much larger battery than the Alpine 2020. I may have to cancel my order.
  • Cannabliss420
    @fatbiker check out vaphotbox portable
    heater. I have the fluxer and apollo 2. I just ordered vaphotbox mirco desktop heater and may order the portable also. Not really liking my fluxer. It's too aggressive, herb tastes burnt. I sent it back to him to put a 16mm coil in it to cool it down some.
    cn3s24rm0xctuk95.jpg
  • ScentNomad
    I mean the ones that do not have the heater activator button in the bottom of the tube. So you just push it down and liftLabPong

Yeah, but in both cases you'll need just one hand, either for pushing the DV down the tube to activate the switch or for hitting the button. So basically it's personal preference I guess. I sometimes had a hard time with the tactile switch in my PSM and find the momentary switch much easier to use.

Why portable IHs have an on/off switch I don't understand too, though. The Mag Heaters for example do not, they only let you switch the display on and off (device can be used either way).
  • LabPong
    Yeah, but in both cases you'll need just one hand, either for pushing the DV down the tube to activate the switch or for hitting the button. So basically it's personal preference I guess. I sometimes had a hard time with the tactile switch in my PSM and find the momentary switch much easier to use.ScentNomad

I should of also added......what your saying above is exactly what I do not want to do..add a step in the process that is not needed....ie manually switching heating on and off that is not done by the vapcap in the tube.

If I have to hold the vapcap in the heater ....I do not want to do anything else to slow down the time to put it in the rig. I need that to be instant like 1 second max! I use a Ti tip....so to draw as quick as possible in a rig means having to add another step of turning the heater off with same hand slows that process down.

So in total.....when I use an IH with my vapcap. I need to put in in the heater and pull it out and get it to my rig without any other steps in between.

But if your using a M with SS tip....you got all kinds of time and it is not as important. That would be the biggest difference in using a IH..... Ti tip vs SS tip.
  • ScentNomad
    If I have to hold the vapcap in the heater [...]LabPong

Not sure if we are on the same page, but you don't have to. You just put it in the tube (and let it sit there), press the button till it clicks and let go – it's not actually „switching on and off“, more „letting go“ like with the Tinymight.

But okay, using a rig means exact timing is necessary, so I suppose you would hold the IH-button with one hand to have the DV in your other hand when it clicks. I'm not using rigs so... :-)
  • zibit
    I got one of the Cvaps with shallow grooves. The lack of airflow is noticeable but not terrible. The thing that irritates me most is the bronze anodization on the body makes the tip tougher to insert. I'm going to try to sand off the layer. What's the best way to sand the inside of the body? Also, how can I ensure that there isnt any residue left? Thanks
  • Magicman
    @Cannabliss420
    I have the most aggressive one, the 14mm. It only burns stuff after not respecting the click, or the 4th draw onward.
  • Cannabliss420
    @Magicman yeah I had 14mm then my battery sled start smoking and I sent it in then he put 15mm. I think he's gonna put 16mm in next. I should get it back this week.
  • LabPong
    But okay, using a rig means exact timing is necessary, so I suppose you would hold the IH-button with one hand to have the DV in your other hand when it clicks. I'm not using rigs so... :-)ScentNomad

That is why you do not understand ....lol When using a rig....there is no time for anything after the click except to lift out of the IH and get in the rig in a second.....no time for any other movement or other hand to help.

If you are using without a rig....you have both hands free and you can manipulate easily. :wink:
  • ScentNomad
    That is why you do not understandLabPong

Now I do.
  • bulllee

I just saw this from Flux ! I'm in like Flynn! :cool:
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    Dang that thing is small!
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    Thought I would get this thread started again with some of the Vapcap things I have been working on.

MP 2.0! ⁣Acrylic MP with integrated 5mm GR 2 Titanium condenser. Will work with any 8mm Vapcap stem. Fits a 10mm water piece and is even compatible with your favorite intercooler
    4mfoz15k6imlry2y.jpg
    xs78eff1h998qdiw.jpg
    lv5be2sb9s19509u.jpg
    85uuyt3n3fcrkzqo.jpg
    wxy1gpgzct44vr1q.jpg

Go Rogue! Introducing the TRWW stems. Each stem is made from wood with an integrated acrylic MP. The stem is fully lined with 5 mm Ti for the condenser and 8mm Ti for the tip pocket. The MP fits a 14mm joint. No carb on these but will make some with. These stems are also compatible with your favorite intercooler
    k8wa9uyn11vcknxq.jpg
    5ia7bvr9zk849esm.jpg
  • Other Side
    Check out the finish on the production samples! Pre-order still open. I hope to be shipping by the end of next week or early the following. $50 make you holla snd the VLF10% code still works on top!

Shell-Shock Dynavap Midsection by BB Vapes

2lxuay3cpenq39s2.jpg
    56xfgbeyxx3rdlvz.jpg
    ma9my5ekve0y2p1i.jpg
  • spider
    These new stems definitely caught my eye..I'm interested to see if they perform anything like the Omnivap, I love the option to be able to adjust the airflow from the outside of the stem as well.

May have to pick one up :fire:
  • bulllee
    Very nice, I had to pull the trigger on this one. I can't wait. Something to look forward to.
  • Other Side
    thank you! I am very excited about this. So excited I am shooting out my one and only unit to my friend Ol' Randy from @PuffItUp today!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment