• The Rogue Wax Works
    Picked up this Prrl Labs Neo. Its an interesting device.

First off, its really well made and very sleek looking. It has a very simple user interface that requires no learning.

I first tried the Neo with a few different standard combustion bowls with varying success. After reading some tips on FC I settled on putting a screen in the fitting of an 18mm J Hook. This proved to be the best setup.

There is definitely a learning curve with the Neo. First its important to preheat your device and the bowl. After that you give it a few puffs to get it going before taking a real pull. These are the actual instructions from Prrl, and they work.

This is not a smoke machine, but produces amazing flavor and excellent extraction. It is not a push button vape like the TM. It has a specific technique and ritual that makes it shine.

All in all a unique and enjoyable device. The one thing I would like to see is for it to include a purpose built glass bong bowl.

mj2p4z8s3afbfrmo.jpg
    kxox32t3b9b13ix4.jpg
    h8an3udmnrwe1l4j.jpg

• BobCat
    $150 for essentially nothing but a heat source. P.T. Barnum made this 'thing.'
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @BobCat why is this different than the Terp Torch or New Vape other than not including a bowl? Those and others are essentially just a heater?
  • BobCat
    much more tech in a FP. I don't do dabs, but a terp torch has a place for your dab, and it also isn't exactly high-end in cost nor performance- or so I've been told by the Dab Doctors :joke:
  • EuroVapeSim2
    The coil style and plastic looking cover remind me of the Linx eden.
    Does the coil glow during a draw? Looks like it glows quite heavily in your photo which makes me question how long it will last like that.
    Otherwise I really like the attach to any bowl philosophy, could be really good for sessions with friends and lots of different glass pieces.
  • badbee
    @The Rogue Wax Works, do you find this functionally any different than a Splinter or other 510 on a j-hook? Where does it beat out those other 510's if using a specific pipe isn't an objective?
  • LabPong

I think you are quite confused on the terp torch.

But to your comments.....does a vape have to have a specific amount of tech to be considered a "vape", rather than being a heat source?
  • LabPong

The white part is zirconia and not plastic.
    Heater element is a light bulb! lol
  • BobCat
    I think you are quite confused on the terp torch.LabPong

I was thinking of that Boundless thingy. As mentioned, I don't do dabs.

does a vape have to have a specific amount of tech to be considered a "vapeLabPong

A vape needs to be accompanied by a bowl and heat source, yes. Don't you remember our old discussion thread about are 510 mods really a singular vape unit? @Baron23 made some compelling arguments. Regardless, this monstrosity is a nothing but a heat source when taken in and of itself which is what a person is buying. No vapor path, no bowl, no mad.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @badbee great question. At first my feeling was this is a 510 missing a crucial part, the stem. But after using it a bunch, its still a 510 missing a stem, but it is incredibly fun to use and works very well and creates an experience all its own. Would I buy it if I could only have one vape? Probably not, because a standard 510 is much more convenient and self contained. But this device is really fun and a great addition to my collection.

@BobCat I agree and have stated that it should include a bowl. Including a bowl would ensure that the user has the best experience possible right out of the box. But I really don't understand how its a "monstrosity"? Again its no different than a New Vape or Terp Torch which are just heaters that include a bowl?
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    2nc4ona3cii3v75y.jpeg
    This BNIB (mine is front and center) is FREE to the VGEZ customer who has the best customer service story about my best bud and how he took care of them and their vape needs. (Winner determined by mrs VGEZ) This is free from me plus free shipping to help support my boy and his awesome fam for the holidays! I just wanna hear all the stories of good service!! let’s say New Year’s Day for a winner? Merry Christmas everyone!! Post here please!
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @ShayWhiteGrow that's awesome man. Sorry I didn't credit your J hook post on FC. When I realized that I hadn't, it was too late to edit.
  • Sonic Bacon
    I thought the Neo had a coil for the heat source, not a light bulb. Or did I just miss a joke about the red glow?
  • Pud
    When I decided I really, really wanted a Vapman, he got into his stash to get me the best yew tree he felt he had go through his shop and why he had held onto it... then he also came up with a vapman station to boot!! THAT is customer service!
  • badbee
    I just wanna hear all the stories of good serviceShayWhiteGrow

Hey, what about those of us who build our own (semi) heavies and don't use VGEZ services? Now, how do you build a Neo from scratch...

this device is really funThe Rogue Wax Works

This makes perfect sense and is probably the best answer. I could really see using this when vaping around combustor's, it would look more normal to them, strange as it is to full time vapers.
  • Xclerk
    @badbee I'm pretty sure that was the original intention. To turn smokers and to be used as a lighter. I think thats what I like most about the experience. Jumping to different bowls and getting a different experience. Its refreshing. Also appreciate the amount of effort and attention going to make sure the customers are happy. Ive gotten several post delivery emails making sure im happy and to send helpful tips and content
  • Pud
    ...... soooooo did I win? :joke:
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    You actually did Pud!!! :grin: congrats!!! Pm me :up:
  • Pud
    man that is awesome!!.. Thank you so much!
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    You got it! And hey Prrl, nice glASS! :grin:
  • Pud
    I am loving this thing!.. just ordered the glass too
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    Nice! Another shot...
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    This new bowl combo is magic! Flavor is so pure and nice production! :grin:
  • Khelek41girl
    @The Rogue Wax Works Not sure if you've tried the Vapor Lighter that UnklMark makes, but if you have, how does this compare? I know he designed it after the Prrl, but it also uses the RBT heater tech. Ive got one and it works really well. I just wonder how it stacks up to the Neo. Glad you're enjoying it!
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Khelek41girl hey I inquired with UncleMark to buy one but he was doing auctions and I'm bad at following up on those things. I have not used one so I cant say but I'm definitely interested in UMs Vapor Lighter.
  • Khelek41girl
    If you ever end up getting one, definitely let me know how they compare!
  • Southpaw94
    I have a bunch of Splinters and I had the Neo. If the vapor lighter works anything like a Splinter with a wpa, then it’s probably better than the Neo. Love those rbt heaters
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment