• dmonster
    he has at least 4...he could let you try one too :D ...I'm curious why they don't have anyone else reviewing it. @VapeCritic have you addressed this?
  • Namekian
    I agree that it really isn't a good look to not give your product to top end reviewers ahead of time (Sneaky Pete, Vaporizer Wizard, etc).
  • 0ursisthefury
    What bothers me the most is seeing it in the hand of all these people on their IG feed and not in the hand of other reviewers. I was hyped at first but the more I hear about this from one source, the more skeptical I become. Get this in the hand of other reviewers asap
  • Baron23
    Personally, I hate that "life style of the young and vaping" marketing approach.

But, with that said, while I see a number of pictures with an MV-1 in someone's hands, nowhere do I see anyone actually using one.
  • 0ursisthefury

Do you think they are just dummy units to photograph? Did not think about that.
  • Baron23
    I don't know, really. Just thought it was funny that all the pics showed was shiny devices in people's hands.

I'm not at all sure anybody outside of Ghost and Bud have actually used this sucker.

The guys at FC are generally all over this type of stuff, a number work in the industry and have a lot of contacts, and I'm pretty sure that none of them knows of any field experience besides Bud's review.
  • captkrusty
    Just had the opportunity to watch the new review. Great job
  • justjustin
    I agree with Baron23, I don't like how Ghost is marketing the device but I'm sure the younger crowd is the biggest buyers of these type of devices, so it would make sense to target them.

I am completely confident that the Ghost MV1 is the real deal and I have no doubt that Bud is being honest in his review. Come on, the guy is offering to buy your Vape back if you don't like it!! Who does that? Someone who knows this devices is top notch, That's who. There's always gonna be doubters, no matter how many people review it and agree with Bud and not everyone is looking for the same things in a Vape so people are going to disagree on some level. I know it would be hard to review a device when your tied to the company like Bud and Ghost and not sound biased but a review is just an opinion and just because Bud has rated this device the best dosent mean it isn't true. Look at what Ghost is doing now, touring around with Slightly Stoopid and I doubt they can do all that with a fake product.

I also agree that it would be great to see and hear from other people that have tried the device and it's kind of weird that Bud is the only one and that he's tied to Ghost. I'm sure a new company needs to be careful with how they release a new product but I would still like to see more reviews. if it's as good as it's supposed to be, they should be glad to let more people try it and see for themselves and they will most likely agree that it's awesome, back up Bud, show it off and thus spread the word. I don't have a Vape company but if I did and I had a great Vape, I would want everyone to try it!

The MV1 is coming and the only trying I'm skeptical of us the upcoming releas3 date......
  • justjustin
    A lot of Vape companies don't do pre-release reviews like the MV1, so at least we're getting some insight before it's release and from one of the most credible reviewers out there. I would still like to see more, from others who have tried the MV1. This is a brand new company, brand new Vape boasting a lot of features and a hefty price tag.
  • darbarikanada
    I get the conflict of interest issue, but Bud's totally open about it - and the buy-back guarantee protects you (who else does that? nobody). if this thing's as good as it looks in the review, it's a game-changer: all convection, cool vapor, v. low draw resistance, efficient, no stirring (!). sounds like it combines all the best features of the GH, FF2 and mighty - no small feat! I'm not normally subject to VAS, but...
  • midas
    I agree with those saying the lack of other reviews is troubling. But, that doesn't mean they haven't sent any out to reviewers. It's not unusual for their to be an embargo on reviews until either a specific date or until release. So the day it's released we may see reviews start to show up.

It's also possible that they think Bud will give them enough demand short term and they may wait until production meets demand before really making a push. Who knows, just because they 'appear' to be competent enough to make a kick-ass vape, my might be crappy at marketing.
  • darbarikanada
    btw: I agree with the matte black request - looks cooler, more stealthy.
  • justjustin
    theres a new Slightly Stoopid Custom MV1 coming......

Check it out here: http://slightlystoopid.com/ghost
  • VapeCritic
    I'm a total klutz too, I break glass pieces constantly, but i havent broken a ghost mouthpiece yet, i think the bigger risk is losing it you know what i mean?
  • VapeCritic
    the case is a future product in the works
  • VapeCritic
    Why doesn't the metal lid snap on to the crucible?Vaporthusiastic

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for this, I made the recommendation though.
  • VapeCritic
    i'm pretty sure it'll be just like other vapes and you'll be able to order it from anywhere in the US and whatever other countries they ship to
  • VapeCritic
    lol there's definitely lots of ways to experiment with loading the crucible... hand torn, coarse grind, or finer grind (not too fine) - and very light pack, normal pack (full but fairly loose), or tight pack.

I tested it a bunch of different ways and ended up with a full, very lightly tamped packing as the best way to get consistent performance and the most even vaporization. It'll work with other loading methods but it changes how it'll perform
  • VapeCritic
    also the alloy body and heat sink are pretty heavy too
  • VapeCritic
    very soon for more app info
  • VapeCritic
    So there is a lot of controversy over your review of this device going around various other forums. I've yet to see you address thesedmonster

i've wasted too much time already addressing the skepticism and concerns of those on other forums, i'm beating a dead horse at this point (N)
  • VapeCritic
    I agree that it really isn't a good look to not give your product to top end reviewersNamekian

there are no other top end reviewers
  • VapeCritic
    Just to clarify a little because I'm noticing some comments about this: I'm not tied to Ghost, I helped them with some aspects of the vape and with posting videos about it, but now at this point I'm just a Ghost affiliate like I am with every other vape
  • VapeCritic
    I get the conflict of interest issue, but Bud's totally open about it - and the buy-back guarantee protects you (who else does that? nobody)darbarikanada

(Y)
  • Baron23
    i've wasted too much time already addressing the skepticism and concerns of those on other forums, i'm beating a dead horse at this pointVapeCritic

Agree 100%
  • StuddlyBud
    I have said this long ago, lol now everybody on board. Told you Bud, just focus on those that support you and the vape.

Also , thanks for answering my question somewhat.
  • Vaporthusiastic

Any word on the matte black color option?

Just take the satin silver production and replace the silver with the same black paint that's used on the plastic battery pack.

That's the color that would make this vape a true "Ghost"
  • voyciz
    there are no other top end reviewersVapeCritic

This looks like quite a bold claim. Are you saying that the other reviewers are subpar, or the products?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment