• VapeCritic
    not a bad idea i'll put it on my todo list!
  • Flipz
    S&B is weird. They like do handle situations but leave the customer left out on the whole process. Same with the crafty but at least they usually solve the issue without question. Let us know what you get next shipment :D
  • Baron23
    Yeah, I was going to mention it a bit more but thought to let it slide...but yes, no real communication back (e.g. we received your email...so sorry...will be shipping one out right away....etc).

The way I knew they were responding was a shipment tracking email! LOL But it came RIGHT AWAY. Very responsive in that sense.

STILL loving the Volcano. With ever new vape I read about, my first though is where will this fit in with the Volcano.....when would I use this vape instead of the Volcano? Like that. So, it has become my personal gold standard.
  • DocG
    Great for easy loading while traveling. They are very thin so you do have to be gentle. Definitely have something to dump the spent capsule in or on because they're super hot for a minute or so unless they are put on something cool. I think if you have new mighty or crafty, using the capsules could keep the oven looking brand new forever.
  • tanner
    Hey if anyone who has a Volcano and has used these dosing capsules I'd love to hear what your thoughts are. I think I'm just going to order it anyways since I'm already placing an order for the balloon bags. I'll let you all know how it goes, although I'm not sure if I need the chamber reducer to use these things? I have a Volcano Medic (Canadian digital) with the Easy valve
  • Flipz
    I believe @Baron23 does and has experience with it on the Volcano. Sorry in advance if I got confused.
  • Baron23
    check out this thread for info. And yes, you need a reduced chamber to use the dosing capsules. Cheers
  • tanner
    Awesome thanks. I don't have super high hopes for it but mostly got it because my wife likes to have a small bag after night shifts and with the DC's I could pre-load several milder indica capsules for her (low tolerance).
  • Flipz
    Really seems to go by how handy it will be for each persons unique situation. I can think of tons of reasons why this will be a useful product to many. Still need to pick one up myself.
  • Gibarian
    Well, at least it is somewhat good to see, how far MY idea went, since I proposed it to Chinese vapemakers at Relaxotech, they started to sell them as iBullets for their Imag 3, which received a fair amount of criticism for several reasons, and still under development for a device up to competition. http://www.imagvape.com/products/imag-3-most-portable-vaporizer/
  • Flipz
    I would start a new thread about that or move post to the everything else category. Unless I am completely missing something LOL. Thank you.
  • Gibarian
    Apologies, no meant to be off, and it is related to "Crafty's" capsules, it is just my first reaction as I red through the comments here, and realized, that not long after my idea has been materialized in a different product, Storz & Bickel picked it up as well. I bought a pack of 8 already, just waiting to receive, and see how it performs for me, Crafty is my daily driver, and it really should be something I dreamed of for a while - on paper, as not having tooling to make it myself. Am also happy to see communal reception of the idea, which was ..well.. mine.
  • Flipz
    No it's fine. I just got confused with the original post :-O Welcome to the forum by the way!
  • Gibarian
    Thanks for your reply, awesome avatar Flipz! And ..urm.. hello everyone (shouldn't I start with that). I will be back with my thoughts on these little flowerbaskets :)
  • SlowDrawMG

I don't think it was your idea per se. The Haze Vaporizer has had the "capsule system" since early 2014. When did the IMAG and Crafty come out?
    Not trying to steal anything away from you, just wanted to note that about the Haze vape.
  • Gibarian
    You are right sir :D In fact - even though I never had a Haze or been much into them rather than their FC slogan contest - they seem ahead of me. However my exact idea was the bullet-style, tightly-sealed canisters, pre-packable, and loaded up in numbers into a container for transportation, I even made a drawing for a "swapper" mechanism, which helps to handle the hot canisters - hence the design reflecting a cylinder of a revolver. There actually also was another maker I cant remember which, who made stainless steel mesh press tubes, with cotton plugs, who gave me the idea - I admit, which I "maxed out" :D
  • Joey
    Exactly my problem with the FF2, shipping and handling are a pain...
  • MMongo
    My capsules arrived today. Love them but how in the heck they expect a 6'4" 250lb guy with sausage fingers to get those apart ever is beyond me hahaha
  • VapeCritic
    LOL i agree! :D
  • TheAnalogKid
    Accidentally dropped the Crafty's O-rings through the toilet sink while cleaning it some days ago (not a good idea to perform such a delicate procedure right after using it) .
    Had to order some replacement parts, and for the price I included the dosing capsules. I've just used one a couple of times, and so far so good. I actually like them a lot. Very practical for carrying reserves of medicine, and also for reducing the required amount to fill the chamber, both desirable properties from my side. For the price you can't go wrong.

Man, I love the device, but I can't help panicking everytime I see some glitch in the behavior, like not vibrating when reaching the temperature, overheating, or taking some extra time to warm up. I've been lucky so far... but we'll see.
  • Flipz
    How many hours are you up to now?
  • deep_meditation
    I bought the reduction chamber and a bunch of dosing capsules. I'm going to load them with a CBD strain so I can can just pop them in after some upcoming medical procedures. I'm using a Volcano.

This might be a dumb question but to get the reduction chamber to fit do I need to take out the screen (and screen holder) from the easy valve? Should I have ordered a special EV chamber altogether?
  • Baron23
    Hi fella - if you haven't seen it, you may be interested in my post on Volcano reduced chamber and dosing capsule here about 1/2 down the first page and onward: http://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/280/page/p1#OP

Bottom like is that the dosing capsules (DC) must be used with a reduced chamber (RC) configuration. It is your choice as to whether you will need to take apart your existing regular chamber and convert it to an RC (and yes, guts come out of the chamber and are replaced) or to just order a new RC chamber. I did the later as otherwise I would be locked into RC unless I wanted to go through the hassle again of rebuilding it to a regular chamber.

I find the DCs works well fairly full, but that's only .1 at the most.

Your idea to pre-load is, I believe, exactly what these things were designed for...particularly for someone who has a care giver prepare their doses ahead of time.

Don't worry that the DCs seem to be made of tin foil...they were designed and priced to be disposable (however, I think I'm on like load #6 with one DC...just be careful with them...but if crushed, chuck it away, yeah!?)

Good luck.
  • TheAnalogKid
    36 hours so far, with some heavy use planned for this week. Let's see how it goes :)
  • DomIke
    Little kit!\m/
    igh9m5lt7eyc8jbf.jpeg
    pu53och8nqp9ngo3.jpeg
    vnf47dfbhtaul554.jpeg
  • Flipz
    very nice!
  • deep_meditation
    How firmly do you pack the capsules? Do you keep it nice and loose or do you really stuff it in there? I bought a cheapo tobacco pipe tool to use with my older Firefly and the "tamper" end of the tool is a perfect fit for pushing material down into the capsules.

Thanks!
  • Flipz
    I pack them how I'd pack the vape normally. Press down a little but you don't want to stuff it in causing loss of airflow. (Y)
  • Saeed
    Hello :)

I've been through three DOSING CAPSULE SET, 40 PCS over a period of three months.

I find them to be very good for what I use them for; low key vaping. I no longer use my fill aid.I find it to be too transparent in its design language. You know its in my pocket and it lets odor out.

I like to keep these capsules in my coin pocket mixed in with lose change. They blend in quite well. I can toss them in the trash and hope I don't start a fire when I'm done with the material in the capsule whilst on the go. Or throw them on the ground and be lectured about littering avoiding the age old "don't spoke pot" lecture. If I am home I will keep the capsules in an ashtray saving them for re-packing.

My first though when pre-packing the capsules; takes longer than using the filling aid. I quickly learned this was not the case. The capsules are more time efficient when vaping as you can re-load quicker.

Furthermore, the capsules isolate material from the vaporizer resulting in less trace-oder and promoting unit cleanliness. I don't use the magazines either.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment