• Dan17
    @VapeCritic I am thinking about getting the AirVape XS until I can get a firefly 2. These are the only questions I can think of right now, any help from everyone would be greatly appreciated!

Chamber size:
    Full charge to dead:
    Pass through charging?
    Vapor smoothness:(out of scale of ten)
    Vapor tastiness: (out of scale of ten)
    Vapor potency: (out of scale of ten)
    Reliable:
    There is a wax insert that is suppose to make this unit compatible with wax and concentrates coming out June, anybody have any experience with it and think it performs good?

Also around this price point what other portable would compete or beat the AirVape XS in terms of the vapor smoothness, tastiness, and potency?
  • Flipz
    I can try to help shed light on both when I'm by a computer. Too much to type on the phone atm 8-)

I haven't used the airvape xs with liquid pad yet so I wouldn't have that info for you right now.
  • Dan17
    Thanks for the help, looking forward to hear how this vape performs!
  • VapeCritic

Chamber size: approx .2g
    Full charge to dead: ~45-60 mins
    Pass through charging? yes
    Vapor smoothness:(out of scale of ten) 7 (above average)
    Vapor tastiness: (out of scale of ten) 7 (above average)
    Vapor potency: (out of scale of ten) 7 (above average)
    Reliable: very good so far, no complaints

I don't have experience with the wax insert yet but as soon as I get it I'll post about it here

For under $200 it's definitely one of the best, especially in the areas you care about most. Other models in this price range that I like are the Boundless CF/CFX, G Pen Elite, Arizer Air, and Summit. Out of those the AirVape XS and the Arizer Air have the best vapor quality.
  • Hitz
    Looks pretty solid (Y)
  • ChronicLife
    wish I'd seen this before buying my Ascent.
  • Dan17
    Thanks for the help, knowing this I'm going to go ahead and order it. I'm looking forward to using it!
  • Flipz
    Sorry I couldn't get back to you but glad @VapeCritic was able to tell you what ya needed to know. (Y)
  • Dan17
    No worries, are there any tips you may have when using this vape?
  • Flipz
    It's a pretty straight forward vape to use. I grind herb a little finer using the airvape xs, it just seems to vape better for me that way. After packing it's just placing the cover back on and hitting the power button 3 times. Cool thing I really like about the airvape is how it vibrates when it's ready to vape and also when it turns off after 5 minutes. The vibration is such a huge convenience when driving or when you can't have your full attention on a vape. (Y)
  • Dan17
    @FlipzThanks for the tips!
  • DomIke
    Looks prety cool this one! Does anuone knows if its convection conduction or hybrid one!? And that little mouthpiece is that bothering when you take it around?
  • Flipz
    It's a hybrid, def not 100% convection. The MFRG website says:

"The new Xs uses a combination of conduction and convection technology to achieve the best heating." - So yeah it's basically convection but one of the better vapes I used with that heating.

The mouthpiece isn't a bother at all and is sturdy. The top part doesn't stick out much at all and I don't even notice it's there when carrying. 8-)
  • DomIke
    thanks brow! I liked it! Im really thinking mor about the XS cuz i need a backup one! And i guess this one is more my style than the flowermatte pro ow arize air!i and what about the battery how much sessions can it handle!?
  • VapeCritic

- hybrid conduction/convection heating

- the mouthpiece is held in by friction, so when carrying it in your pocket I recommend keeping inside a case, they include one in the box and very soon they'll be coming out with a "shell" for it that is custom fitted and much cooler to carry it around in (and also water resistant) - I'll post pics and info about this when it's available

- you're lookin at 45-60 mins of usage (4 to 6 sessions)
  • Flipz
    Looks like the @VapeCritic was able to answer everything else for ya (Y)
  • DomIke
    thanks brow! I think i made my decision! \m/
    Hahahhaa yeah precisely!
  • DomIke
    the precisely part was answering to uou! Hahaha im still having difficultis on writing here!
  • VapeBro
    How even is the avb? I know the price range is different but how would you compare it to the crafty? I'm looking for a session vape as a backup to the FF2. I already have a davinci ascent with that in mind would the airvape xs be worth purchasing?
  • Flipz
    The avb I think would compare to the davinci ascent, maybe a tad better on the airvape xs... haven't use the ascent in awhile so not 100% sure. I do know I enjoy the airvape xs overall more from it just being more portable and easier to use in my case. Def a good product for the price and you won't find may which vibrate turning on and off (which I find really helpful in vapes and wish more had that feature).
  • VapeCritic
    very even AVB, and i think it makes a perfect backup vape. The chamber is a little on the smaller side so you only pack like .2g max at once
  • VapeBro
    I'm kind of stuck between the airvape xs, gpen elite, and a crafty/mighty for a backup/session vape. The airvape seems like the best choice for me because it has an all glass vapor path which is important to me for health reasons which is why I switched to vaping in the first place. The gpen elite looks really nice and I really like the screen on it. It uses a ceramic bowl which doesn't seem too bad but I'm not sure all the materials in the vapor path? The crafty/mighty from all the praise I hear seems like it would be the obvious choice for best vapor production but with the fail rates on it I'm not too sure about spending that much. Also what worries me is I can't seem to find anywhere what material the oven and vapor path are made out of but from what I can tell it seems to be metal (stainless?) So not too certain about the health issues....what are you guys' thoughts on all this? Should I move this too a new thread? Also on another note my FF2 will be arriving tomorrow at some point according to the Fed ex tracker 8-)
  • Flipz
    The g pen and airvape are close together but the crafty/mighty is a huge jump. If you want to spend that much, just go with a crafty/mighty since there is no way you cannot like em lol. Failure rates were on the crafty and the mighty actually rarely had issues overall... but I think the defect rate of craftys dropped over awhile back (just my opinion).

I am not sure at all what each part is made of, looks like a stainless air path but no place I saw had the actual details. Not sure if this helps or not

ajiimesj1iswdmjb.jpg
    0r6cxacvzv7wyk77.jpg

I could go either way with the airvape and g pen. I'd think of it as which one would be better for your current situation. If you get any of the vapes you named, your in good hands so it's a win win 8-)
  • TheAnalogKid
    This one looks solid.
    Was about to go for the Haze v3 as a backup vape, but wasn't really convinced because of the size. This one seems to fit the bill regarding portability.

Do you know whether they ship internationally? I couldn't find any local shop carrying it here in Canada, and will also be moving soon to the South Pole.
  • Baron23
    will also be moving soon to the South Pole.TheAnalogKid

You need more back ups....lots, and lots of back ups. LOL
  • Flipz
    Pretty sure Planet Of The Vapes ships to Canada. If you buy the crafty they also are giving a free grinder (different that what comes with the crafty) and a herb container lol. I love ordering from them though and will vouch they are legit. (Y)
  • Dan17
    I got it in midnight blue, and am digging the way it performs! I get good vapor production 380 and up while lower temps not as much but taste is nice. One bowl by myself gets me at a really nice high buzz. I'm still new to vaping so I'm still trying learn how to optimize usage. And as @Flipz said the vibration alert is a huge convenience especially on the go.

I am also wondering what kind of screen does everybody have at the bottom of the mouthpiece? On vapecritic's site it seems to be a stainless steel with holes drilled type screen while mine is like a fine mesh like at the bottom of the chamber of the AirVape XS.
  • Flipz
    awesome man! it got to you real fast and glad your liking it. the good thing with the airvape xs is the learning curve is extremely easy - so it shouldn't take long to figure out what setting works best for you.

i will take a look at the bottom of mine when im able to. i'll let you know how mine looks. in the meantime is there anyway you can post a picture of yours? thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment