• justjustin
    Have y'all seen the Rift Vaporizer by Vivant? Looks kinda weird but interesting. Has some innovative features and has 3 chambers built into the heater , so you can mix and match herbs And concentrates. Might even be able to control individual temps on the 3 separate chambers? Does session and on-demand vaping, whatever that means? I'd like to see more on this chamber and how it heats but looks fairly promising....supposedly will ship The end of this month
  • elopro
    Looks and Sounds great i love alternate so i think rift should be good vape 200$ i see three bowls nice and hybrid heating element on demand very interesting
  • Baron23
    Yeah, I was waiting to hear back from a question asked on another board...if the oven is on the bottom (and it is) and they show a boatload of concentrates in one of the chambers (which they do), how to they keep this stuff from dripping everywhere.

Hot concentrates migrate like penetrating oil and will get every where it can.
  • elopro
    Hmm good question
  • justjustin
    that's a good question....I know they are including a steel mesh pad but even so, the concentrate would drop down???
  • Baron23
    Yep...and in the pic, the inside of the oven lid seems to have some sort of baffle with holes in it. I'm sure there is more to the story, but from the pics alone its puzzling.
  • justjustin
    yeah...gotta know more. I sent them an email, so hopefully it'll clear a few things up
  • justjustin
    im wondering about the vapor path too...it looks nice and long which is good for vapor quality but is is completely cleanable? This is a deal breaker if it isn't
  • juxt
    I have VAS as bad as anyone (or worse) but as good as the marketing materials look, is it the case of them spending the money on the nice graphics instead of real world engineering of the device. I also worry about the concentrates in the bottom, etc.

It's probably in the documentation that you have to hit it upside down, with the heater on top and your head thrown back ;)
  • Rockytdogg
    I can’t stand him myself but I thought you guys might be interested:
  • ChlorophyllMan
    I'm kind of coming round to the 3-bowl concept, but only using flower. If it means more even extraction than vaping an identical amount in a single bowl then it could be a development. Would the same concept work in a pure convection vape I wonder?
  • Baron23
    I applaud his transparency about being paid by Vivant, but I wonder if he will catch even a small percentage of the shit that Bud did when he had a commercial deal with Ghost? Hmmmm? LOL

And yes, Troy is not my favorite....after his MV1 review, and in particular the the silly complaint about "pinching his finger" with the battery, I started to discount some of his content.

Cheers
  • justjustin
    Eh, the Rift is not for me. Looks decent though. I'd be more interested in a full convection chamber/mod with one chamber
  • Baron23
    with one chamberjustjustin

As far as I can tell from the review vid, it really is just one chamber with two dividing walls that are, per Troy, part of the heater.

I don't think you can load three different products in it and vape each separately.

Yes, that does seem to mean that you can mix strains or flower/'trates in the three, but I can do that with a number of vapes.

And I would still be interested in how it handles 'trates with that bottom oven without goo'ing everything up???
  • juxt

If you only watched the video you would see the stainless steel wound mesh they send to hold the concentrate in there. You have to hold it upside down, put concentrate on top of the pad, burn device to let it soak down into the pads, then close the lid then turn device right side up, then toke...crazy.
  • Baron23
    I think I did understand that....but even using 'trates in an S&B dosing capsule within a flower sandwich the stuff does migrate like hell.

I guess we just have to wait and see when users really start to put some 'trates through it.

Not a big deal for me as I generally don't do 'trates in vapes I own mainly for flower.

Have a great evening, hitting the sack early as I'm up to go fishing on the Chesapeake tomorrow. Going to be quite hot and humid but as long as the Rock bite (stripped bass to those not from MD) I'll be fine :-)

Cheers
  • juxt

Agreed on that brother I was just ribbing you a bit on the video ;), I don't think it will make a good heavy use device in any case...and its another example of your point about vape makers trying to do everything as a marketing point.

Have a great trip!
  • VapeCritic
    hmmmmm i don't really get this vape :chin:

stainless steel wound meshjuxt

Attention herb vape manufacturers: We would like more robust concentrate solutions than a mesh pad, thank you from the entire Vape Life Gang
  • rft360

they be like...

ok two Stainless steel wound mesh together it is!
    -Vape manufacturers
  • Baron23
    LOL You got it in one, brother. haha
  • juxt

Agreed there, I like Baron's original idea of just not putting concentrate in the bottom...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment