• Futurevapors
    Takes you by surprise dosn’t it :fire:
  • Kenhof
    Anyone else enjoy the bonus of cleaning lower unit. Scraped it out after about a month and the reclaim smokes and tastes great.
  • Futurevapors
    100% :fire:

After cleaning my OG I eat all the reclaim then went and got my hair cut, my eyes were pink and I couldn’t stop giggling :starstruck:

Thankfully the barber was a toker also
  • EconMan
    Anyone else enjoy the bonus of cleaning lower unit. Scraped it out after about a month and the reclaim smokes and tastes great.Kenhof

yes! I bought a little coffee urn brush set at the grocery store, and I clean mine everytime I change the screen. Never thought of reusing it though.... !
  • warren0728
    so i bought this sbj se walnut with cherry stripes used on reddit ... i am having a really hard time with this thing. it seems either i don't get a hit at all or i combust (both with the restrictor and without) ... when i look at the bowl after combustion (and even when i don't) i notice that only the very center material in the bowl is dark/charred and almost green around the edges . i've tried inhaling slow and inhaling faster but it seems i just can't get the technique down. i want to love this thing like so many others and on the occasion that i do manage to get a good hit it is awesome. I just can't seem to get consistant with it ... help?

25pmxie.jpg
    t7coj9.jpg
  • Dr green thumb
    instead of aiming your lighter down the pipe try aiming it across the mouth of the pipe. For me that cooled it down below combustion. Also the glass piece you use the lighter on can be raised slightly to cool it.
  • warren0728
    i have tried pointing it down the pipe (that's usually when combustion (or if not combustion then charring) and pointing across ... different distances from the intake ... just can't seem to get a consistent combination. not gonna give up because i love the design and know the potential ... just frustrated!
  • Dr green thumb
    it took me a couple days to find out what I like so dont give up. I hold my lighter so it shoots across the mouthpiece about a 1/2 inch or so from the inlet glass.

That is a very nice looking combination of woods that they put together on yours.
  • Magicman
    @warren0728
    Try preheating the intake without drawing. Then hit that sucker using in and out, left and right flame feathering once you feel some heat in the draw. Throw the restrictor in the garbage.
  • warren0728
    yeah i'm not really sold on the restrictor ... think i'll take it out again (i took it out once and then put it back in) ... not sure why lol
  • Futurevapors
    I’m only seeing this now, sorry dude.

Ok first things first, if you’re not getting big dirty clouds you are over thinking it and doing some wrong, the JR is quite up close to your face so it’s difficult to judge what’s happening.

The charring, that’s from sticking the torch flame too far inside the intake while drawing too fast, witch then chars the middle of your bowl. The bowl should still be green after 2 big cloud Rips. My bowl is dry and dark brown only really on my last Rip. The process is a complete balancing act.

You will notice a certain sound when you are Riding the Vapor of the flame being in the sweet spot. The flame should be powerful enough that you never need it to be inside the intake! So with a fresh bowl “1/4full” ignite totch, from a good distance approach intake with heat but allow the shear force of the flame to push air through your chamber and just pull slowly until you feel vapor, then just keep going and slowing accelerating through the Rip.

If you inhail now with your mouth open you can take in shit loads of air, but do it again with your lips making a small hole ? Notice you crate a nice flow of concentrated air, yeah that’s the speed of draws that get me huge Rips, the faster you draw the cooler your making the bowl.

Don’t over complicate it, look at the design of all SBL products, straight to the point without Anything complicated what so ever and that’s 100% True for using it.

This video is the best, it also demonstrates how Sticky Bricks are one of the most instant vapor producing unit out there imo.

Even though you don’t get to see more of his torch work, it does show you how 3/4 seconds of your torch can get you a very big Rip and that’s important to understand, everything is instantly happening.

“Power is nothing without control”

With regards to heating the chamber you will need to be able to use it first before you can start messing with changing draw speeds mid Rip but it’s also a small leading curve.

I’m currently experiencing in building all the vapor in my OG first then inhailing it all and using micro draws and with no combustion. I’m definitely starting to understand combustion with a Sticky Brick in a more 3D way :fire:
    vjecbbqrqhzt3rl2.jpeg
  • warren0728
    thanks for the detailed reply ... i'm sure i'll figure it out ... i love everything about it ... once i get the technique down i'll be over the moon happy!
  • Futurevapors
    mate I had trouble with my second JR, and it’s wasn’t a fault of the unit I was just too used to the OG and lost that muscle memory.

Some of my best vape memories so far have been learning how to use them, so practice with very little and treat it like a lady and Bang she’ll slap you so hard your fall I love.
  • warren0728
    well i figured out my problem with not getting good consistent hits from my sbj ... the freakin screen was clogged so apparently it wasn't getting near the airflow that it needed ... so i cleaned the screen and my first hit after that was great. my second hit ... great ... third hit still great!

this is the performance i was expecting! i'm glad that it wasn't just me not getting the technique right ...

so if your hits start to seem weak or non existent ... check your screen ... i bet it's clogged up!
  • Futurevapors
    really please you figured that part out.

Still listen out for that sound when you torch is in the sweet spot and that sound also indicates your getting full on vapor, some times you can hear the bud kind of crackling throughout the Rip!

Keep us updated dude :fire:
  • Trix
    Don't grind too fine or it will get clogged up quickly. I use to have to clean the screen every couple days. Not anymore thanks to suggestion of not grinding it up so much. I now put in big chunks cut up. works just as good without the screen getting clogged up as fast.
  • Futurevapors
    I mentioned in another thread about going from the Space Case to the Ripper and preferring the finner ground for sticky brick products but yes the edge of the screen does get clogged quicker then course.

I also find this witch it’s VERY important!
    The finer the grind the easier the Rip is, because the corser the material the easier the Draw, thus less control of the Ride IMO,

A problem I had with JR once was with super dry course weed and I found it so hard to get a decent Rip, but then I changed weeds and a finer ground and I was back to total control.

I use fine grind with great results and don’t touch my screen for a good 2 weeks, I’d personally don’t worry about the clog until it’s clogged heavy.

Really interesting topic! :fire:
  • warren0728
    honestly i'm not sure what my grind is...i use a santa cruz shredder three piece grinder ... so far i'm really happy after cleaning the screen ... it's behaving how i had envisioned it would when i bought it!
  • Dr green thumb
    owha2hkiybr6pore.jpg
    n8ugxjcge9i0t3ji.jpg

It is so enjoyable to use a sticky brick jr. To find that sweet spot and get that rush of very tasty vapor. In it you will get a subtle hint of the wood mixed in with the herb of your choice. These vapes are completely in your control making them very different than the portable battery vapes and home units. I am always shocked at how thoroughly medicated I get from something so small in size. Best money I ever spent.
  • Magicman
    I am still not sure how the magic happens. Maybe DERRICK MCMILLON can provide a flow chart with line-item details.
  • Futurevapors
    You hit the nail on the head there, well said dude!

Im always learning with my Bricks, and I bought a JR as my first because it literally screamed for me to buy it :starstruck:

I learnt how to use it and bang, addicted for life. No charging, no waiting, no breaking, no loading technique, no need at all for battery just endless Flame Torch Power!

Battery vapes would be amazing if they incorporate Butane as a source of power :fire:
    018sglxm6ccureps.jpeg
  • EconMan
    Im always learning with my Bricks, and I bought a JR as my first because it literally screamed for me to buy it :starstruck:Futurevapors

Ben there, done that ! :cool:
  • EconMan
    Here's a SBJ tip I use.

Get a large screen (I used one from my Plenty). Torch it. Let it cool. Fold and manipulate it into a basket that can fit into the stainless casing on the SBJ (in the middle piece of wood). When you insert it put it in so the bottom of the basket is near the bottom of the steel casing. But before you actually put the screen in, place a small "dabbing perl" inside the screen.

Here is my theory of why this works. The "threaded rivet", used to slow airflow and therefore heat, also has a light negative. It "fine-points" like a laser HOT heat right into the CENTER of the bowl. The screen and dab pearl disrupt this "laser" effect dispersing the heat. Especially useful for Big Loads where if one is not very careful they can get little "combustion spots" on the top-center of the bowl.

Lastly, I've noticed a big difference with respect to humidity. Vaping requires moisture, but not too much, else that is called boiling not vaping. I have a special stash box of coarse ground weed where I ALWAYS have a Boveda 62% inside. I learned about this because of a "free gift" with my volcano order from @To the Cloud It adds/subtracts moisture as required, but again not too much. They have different percentages but this is what I like. The first hit is terpy and big bold taste, but not lots of vapor as it's still a tad moist..... the second hit however, after a quick and easy stir, is always a monster. Massive vapor, and if you load a full bowl, you will feel something nice :)
  • Futurevapors
    Yes dude I’d of absolutely loved to be sitting with you coming up with them ideas.

I like to literally let the power of my Butane to push vapor through with only a small draw required. Just be prepared to adjust as it is all happening.

And in regards to getting heat spread around, try after getting a good Rip, especially towards to end of the bowl, then slowing the draw down until you can see more vapor building in mp “it won’t combust” as long as you don’t over heat witch would be combust! It’s all a balancing act imo.

Do keep sharing ideas also as it’s the only way we can all learn and together :starstruck:
  • warren0728
    i think my biggest trouble with the sbj is inhaling too fast ... and getting very little vapor ... it almost seems like the best inhale is when i feel like i'm not inhaling at all and if i can feel myself inhaling i'm probably inhaling to fast ... i also don't think i like the restrictor disc ...
  • EconMan
    And in regards to getting heat spread around, try after getting a good Rip, especially towards to end of the bowl, then slowing the draw down until you can see more vapor building in mp “it won’t combust” as long as you don’t over heat witch would be combust! It’s all a balancing act imo.Futurevapors

Been a crazy work day -- haven't even eaten yet today (6:30pm). So I am going to try your suggestion out right now :)
  • EconMan
    I

It works well.
    Attachment
    F346883F-7CD4-499B-9B80-0100480B13E3 (236K)
  • Futurevapors
    try building the heat up in your OG as you can see the mp building up with vape better but it can also be done in the JR.
  • Futurevapors
    Witch one do you guys feel is a better all round vape between these 2 Power Houses :fire:
    The JR or the New Runt

I’m leaning towards the Runt for the MP/pull away bowl section/can use a straight intake/size/easy of use without disc.
    r17treii6lwi7xkt.jpeg
  • Dr green thumb
    the jr as it is very strong in vapor production And closes into a nice fully enclosed portable package.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment