• Willybob
    OK, I finally got the replacement lid (see my above posts). Turned out the gasket was coming off on the old lid, which was forcing me to have to squeeze the top down while hitting. The new lid works better than the old one ever did, and I am getting CLOUDS now, even inhaling at a faster pace than what I was originally doing. The first top (defective one) must never have been truly sealed correctly, and this gasket is tip top. NOW I get what the FF2 is all about. It is AMAZING when all the parts are working!!!
  • Baron23
    I'm very glad that FF made it right for you and that your FF2 is now working as you expected. That's a win! X-)
  • milo
    That's great. I'm glad they're (eventually) doing the right thing.

I wonder if the gasket material has changed and, if so, if they'll be sending out new lids. I suppose they could send just a new gasket, maybe in a kit with instructions and peel-off adhesive. Fingers crossed ...
  • Dinsdale

That's exactly the same problem I had.
    After one RMA request followed by three increasingly irate emails over two weeks, I finally got them to issue an RMA. I sent my unit in and now awaiting resolution.
    I don't know how this will all end yet, but you could probably get an RMA out of them at least.
  • Patee333
    This video is kind of blah but it really helped me learn and get use to the FF2. https://youtu.be/uaMGFI_Pldo

I don't expect to ever get huge billowing smoke like you would from a pipe or bong, but if you just draw lightly and slowly, you can still get some vapor.
  • Willybob
    OK, went an extra step, after seeing major improvement after the aforementioned lid replacement step. I noticed that the mouthpiece had a ridge that went around the neck of it...it seemed like a small rubber ring or some such thing should go there. I compared with pics on the internet and saw that others seemed to have this ring. So, I went and purchased a two pack of mouthpieces for around $10 and, sure enough, these came with the rubber ring. You can actually remove the ring, but DON'T! The new mouthpiece with intact ring made SO MUCH FREAKING VAPOR ITS NEARLY OVERWHELMING TO TAKE A HIT!!! I can't believe this. This just went from the best vaporizer in the world to the best vaporizer in the UNIVERSE. I kid you not. Check your mouthpiece if you are having problems. If there is no black rubber band on the neck of the mouthpiece, you are not getting full performance of this vape. It's truly insane. I may have to turn the heat settings back down, lol. I guess if yours came without it and you are certain you didn't lose it and it was simply left out of the original kit, maybe you could call and get them to send just the rubber band, or have them suggest a replacement rubber band that you could buy at the drugstore and put on the mouthpiece. The difference is on a level that is outstanding. I'm getting better clouds now that Vape Critic did in his video on the FF2 (granted, he didn't have the advantage of what would be the future update of the heat adjustment at that time. This is insane.
  • jnick
    i'll be damned your right.. i never noticed the rubber band from other pics online...Mine for sure did not come with the rubber band around the mouthpiece and is also terribly hard to draw from. Just curious where you bought the 2pk from the did have bands??
  • Hitz
    If it's hard to draw from that makes me think the mouth piece is sealing properly (if there wasn't a seal you would be able to draw pretty easy). You can isolate the issue by taking the lid off and try taking a draw, then take another draw covering the hole above the mouthpiece on the vapor path and see if it's restricted. If it gets harder to pull when the hole is covered than that's a good sign the mouthpiece is probably ok.
  • Willybob
    jnick, I bought my FF2 direct from the manufacturer. The two mouthpieces I bought just a few days ago, off ebay, had the rubber bands on them. The difference is unbelievable. The rubber band does seem to restrict the airflow somewhat, as Hitz said, as compared to the mouthpiece with no rubber band. It also seems to regulate the airflow to a very specific speed, as even if you adjust it yourself, you'll hear the sound of the air through the mouthpiece does not change very much when the rubber band is on. I'll bet any small tiny rubber band would help. The vapor is so thick on the high setting now I was COUGHING from it last night!! lol
  • Willybob
    The black rubber band essentially acts as a seal to fix the tiny bit of loose tolerance the mouthpiece is made with, in order to get it to wiggle and snap into place. You will notice much less wiggling of the mouthpiece when it is inserted with an intact rubber band.
  • wontquit7
    Love seeing that a lot of people are finally getting the results they'd hoped for! I originally wasn't going to buy a FF2 for my first vape, but now I've decided that I'm going to take the plunge. Wish me luck...
  • Willybob
    Good decision, wontquit7!! Now you have the advantages of knowing the possible problems and how to prevent or fix them if they happen. So, I expect you will have an excellent experience!!
  • jnick
    I have a read a ton of reviews and many people speak of a whistling sound that you should be creating when hitting the FF2 at the right draw speed. I cannot figure out how to create this speed with my draw and am curious how people think that sound is made and if not being able to make that sound might be the problem with my unit ??? mass struggles i'm dying for my eureka moment. Any suggestions?
  • Cl4ud3
    The whistle means your pulling too much air through, not too little. Go into a quiet room, don't fill or turn the Firefly on, pull until you hear a whistle noise. Try re-seating the lid and mouthpiece, play till you get a whistle noise on too hard a pull.

If your not getting any noise then something might be wrong unless of course your unit is working :D

I've read the whistle is due to the lid being forced off seal by too much air but I seriously doubt that myself.
  • Hitz
    like Cl4ud3 said if you hear it whistling the draw speed needs to slow down some. With the FF you need to take at least a 15 second draw to get decent vapor and when I first start out my draw I kinda puff on it like you would a cigar to get it going but without losing the seal my lips have made you're kinda sucking from your stomach if that makes sense. I'd do 3-4 puffs/whatever feels right and then transition into a nice and easy/steady draw. I'd put the vape on med-hi and turn to 108 and see if that helps. You'll have to be careful with the puffing, you can make the material heat too quick and combust (done this a few times now).
  • jnick
    no luck, no whistle of any kind at any draw speed.... also you were right earlier about my mouthpiece after covering up the hole with lid off, no draw. i'm gonna pick up some caned air and try to give it an A+ cleaning but i doubt thats problem as it has never worked great.... any other suggestions would be great and thanks for your time thus far... Maybe i'll cure my flower overnight see if that helps......
  • Hitz
    I'm still optimistic for you. Like I said turn it on high for about 10-15 seconds empty and then give it a few blasts of air then put the lid on and with it emtpy check the draw. Remember to always hold the can of air upright, it would be very bad to spay the cold chemical on the very hot oven. I always give the can a quick press or 2 before I spray on anything just to be safe. This has become routine for me when I empty the oven out, there's nothing more frustrating than getting it loaded and then discovering the draw is restricted and having to dump it back out and clean the oven before loading it back in.

If you notice improvement before loading it try practicing a few 10-15 second draws, you shouldn't be gasping for air if you're doing it right. Also don't forget to try pinching the lid down on the front edge near the oven to get a better seal while taking a draw (I have to do this almost all the time :s ).

Remember there's 2 things that control vapor production, temperature and draw technique. With the FF I get the best vapor with a long slow and steady pull (I pretty much take a draw till the light goes off).

Rooting for ya bro!
  • Hitz
    These were sent to me from @Flipz and are what I credit my "Ah-Ha"moment to, hopefully they'll do the same for you ;)
    bx2b4gk02uyp9tv6.png
    hpuchx7m1tvcizuw.png
    Attachments
    IMG_4016 (124K)
    IMG_4017 (60K)
  • Dinsdale

If you're getting no draw at all, your bowl might not be vented.
    I had the exact same problem, and they repaired it under warranty.

Now the thing does what it's supposed to do, but really FF2's a personal device with its tiny bowl.
    I used it with two other people, but with that kind of sustained use, it overheated rapidly.
    I like FF2's idea of an on-demand pipe, but it's too darn finnicky and gimmicky. I frisbeed it to a daughter after yesterday's session.
  • koakamaka
    I really love my FF2. I eventually will have to send it in, due to the touch buttons not operating very sensitive. It seems it does not recognize my fingers most of the time, unless I moisturize my fingers, be it lick them or get wipe them with a moist towel. I figured it helps the conductivity, regardless, it works 100% when I do that. Has anybody else suffered this problem?

Now the big question is, Has anybody figured out an external battery charger for the batteries that does not require the charging cradle? I noticed the battery looks awfully similar to a SLR camera battery. It seems that a universal SLR battery charger would do the trick, but I have not discovered one yet.
  • Hitz
    Have similar issues with the right touch button not being as sensitive as before but no need to dampen/moisturize for me to get it to work but they are capacitive so that makes sense why that resolves the issue for you.

As far as the charging dock FF makes one (where I actually got mine)

However when you order it be careful as it doesn't appear to come with a power adapter, I had to sent them a few emails regarding this and is on page 2 of this thread here:

www.thefirefly.com/firefly-external-charging-kit-includes-charger-adapter-and-battery.htmlHitz

The link for the bundle can't be found using links on the site but I found it via google:

https://www.thefirefly.com/firefly-external-charging-kit-includes-charger-adapter-and-battery.html

I think it's crazy to have to purchase an external charger for $30 and a separate power adapter for $19/whatever, so pay attention if you do order it so you don't have any surprises.

(EDIT)

Not sure if this is currently available for purchase, looks like it's out of stock currently
  • Deleted User
    Not a huge fan of this one. I definitely got a bunk unit but firefly customer service made it a nightmare to try to return it and then they told me that nothing was wrong with it. But half the time it won't work after taking it off the charging dock. I have to open the battery compartment and take the battery out and blow on it like it's a Nintendo 64 game cartridge. That solves the issue most of the time. And then sometimes it gets stuck on heating mode and won't turn off unless I take the battery out. Seems dangerous. For 300 dollars this thing was the worst purchase I've ever made.
  • Kakarot
    Well I have a love hate love with my FF2, I loved it when I got it because I got good vape and clouds right out the box... then came the BS, it burning the canna after the first draw on med high with power tune to 100. Sometimes it would not hit at all and the battery LED flashes all sorts of colors and the App battery life indicator does not work either, BUT over the last few days I turned the power tune down to 95 on medium high heat and it has been working really good with dense vape and good tasteful clouds again.. Hopefully I figured it out, you just have to mess with it a while
  • Deleted User
    I'm just saying for 300 bucks I thought it would work better. I have the og firefly too and I like that one better even though that one tends to combust the material more often. The firefly 2 looks flashy but that's about it. It's performance is not that great. You shouldn't have to mess with it that much. And I have my technique down with it and it still produces lackluster results 90 percent of the time
  • TbonePdx
    For what it's worth, my FF2 doesn't work well for dry herb at all. I've had it for over 6 months now and use it daily for oils and such (which it does VERY well) but have given up completely on dry herb. I've tried everything, unfortunately.
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Cookiez2257
    Yo not sure if u managed to get your firefly working but i suffered some similar issues, i believe the issue is the amount you used to smoke prior to this and if you still smoke will affect it also, i found the best way to use this vape is to put almost whole bud in. Forget the grinder just take a bud big enough to fill the chamber then break it into about 3 or 4 pieces, squeeze into chamber and over fill quite a bit but not ridiculously, play around with it you will waste a bit of weed but when you figure it out is amazing. I can make a bowl last all day. And each time you stir it try not to completely desecrate the bud, just turn it over and pack it in again, make sure chamber is secure it can be even 1 mm out and affect your draw u will learn how to tell. Heat it up for a few seconds and turn setting to highest then hit that shit like your toking a fat bong, start slow to get it lit then after maybe 7 or 8 seconds when u feel the vape hit your tongue rip it. You will be able to tell when you ripping enough it will make a slight whistlikg sound and if you go at it for a bit you can get a nice hit, feel it on your throat a bit even was first time i coughed from weed in many years :p you can hit it 3 or 4 times each time you flip it and keep hitting it till its almost black, depending on how dank the weed is you can turn it 5 or 6 times, the danker the better and remember try to keep it as buddy as possible so dont grind your weed just break the bud up a bit and put it in make sure its nice and packed down, ideally when you hit it the first time after its freshly loaded then open to flip it the weed should be stuck to the lid where its so compacted in its bud form its like one piece and you can pick it off the lid turn it over and put it back in almost like flipping a cake. the more you break it up the faster it burns and the more air you get so you dont get a good enough hit. I hope this helps because when you master this vape its the best one out there and such easy maintenance. Is best to clean it straight after you use it while the device is still warm and use just a piece of tissue it will wipe off good as new, every week or 2 use an alcohole wipe, if you maintain it well enough with the dry wipe you will only need to use alcohol wipe once a month and it will still seem a waste. Avoid getting any herb on the rubber seal on lid and avoid getting alcohol wipe on it keep it as clean as possible. Download the phone app and max out all the settings, get the dankest weed u can no light dry fluffy shit if you want a serious hit this vape can take a bit of a abuse man $320 well spent
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet