• Papic914
    I would like new vape for Xmas. I currently own a mighty , iq, 2018m. I would like to try on demand convection. I would like something maybe 200 or cheaper with good vapor. I would go buy a mv1 as I do not shy away from spending few extra bucks for top of the line. But I do not know if I will like this style of vape. That’s y if I could find a cheaper option to introduce me to odv and then If I like it I can upgrade later.
  • BobCat
    Ok. Portable, convection, on-demand, $200 ceiling. What other criteria: size, how stealthy, draw restriction, manufactured materials (wood, metal, plastic, etc) are you in the U.S.? The more info you can give about your preferences will allow for more and better feedback. :victory:
  • acstorfer
    Dynavap is on demand, although to me it seems to work best in one session. With the titanium tip you can vape with an infinitesimal amount of product, to about .25g. There is no battery so it requires a heat source. Most people use a butane lighter. Price ranges from $60.00 to $190.00 depending on the zsa zsa stuff.

Reconsider a Ghost though. Once you get your lungs use to the inhale it’s quite spectacular.
  • Dr green thumb
    The milaana 2 is around 250 and is on demand convection
  • Papic914
    I am looking for little to no draw resistance, good battery and clouds everything else doesn’t matter so long as I get those features. And I’m in the USA .

have u had one ?do they work well ? And how is the learning curve ?
  • androponic
    Arizer solo 2 ? They can be had for 180 bucks and the battery life is great and the heatup time is pretty quick.
  • Dr green thumb
    I own the MI2 and it is a very powerful vape it is easy to learn but if you are not used to that amount of vapor it may over medicate you but in a way you like.

Maybe bud will demonstrate on the livestream but also other videos on youtube.
  • Papic914
    “Over medicate” is my middle name lol but will look into this option more. Are there any cheaper than that worth mentioning?
    that is more of a session style vape looking for something I can’t take one drag and the heater is only heated on the draw.
  • Dr green thumb
    convection vapes tend to be more expensive.
  • BobCat
    I am looking for little to no draw resistance, good battery and clouds everything else doesn’t matter so long as I get those features. And I’m in the USA .Papic914

I would recommend a RBT, RastaBuddhaTao, Splinter. It's $66 with coupon code DARKSIDE. You will need a mod as well- $30 to $40 extra. You don't need a mod with a DNA or YIHI chip. So for about $105 you will have a very impressive vape. It does have glass parts so be careful. Get a 2 or 3 battery mod and the life will be great.

I have a RBT Milaana too which I love. The learning curve is a bit more, the cost is more, but it is a super charged buzz and taste machine.

For context, my other two favorite vapes are The Mighty and Dynavap. So we have some commonalities. I just think the Splinter is the best bang for the buck right now. Let me know if I can assist any further. TY! :up: :victory:
  • BestBuds
    Splinter or Splinter Z even if you need to buy a mod it's still cheap. I don't know if he is done doing the darkside promo but that means you can get a splinter for less than $75 including shipping.
  • 420edc
    I've got a MVT for $149
  • juxt
    Hold out for the G43
  • BestBuds
    that's definitely not a bad option either!
  • tripertronic
    Rbt splinter. Now on sale!
  • bum karacho

my weapon of mass destruction...on demand...is my og brick from sticky brick labs.i´ve many top tiers but for me my og brick rules.
    i´ve bought my brick for under 100€ new
  • Papic914
    Thanks a lot on all the advice. will research these options more and will post back later when I make a decision
  • Papic914
    As of now I’m leaning toward Milana 2
  • bum karacho
    As of now I’m leaning toward Milana 2Papic914

good choice!
  • BestBuds
    Awesome choice! You will probably end up wanting a cooling mouthpiece VapeFiend has a good one but it's broke on me 2 times. I am getting some different kinds from DHGate that look like they are low profile and more durable. I use my Mi2 with water pipes, j hooks, whips, and other smaller on the go cooling glass mouthpieces. It's such a great vape
  • Microvaper
    lots of interesting stuff you said there. I love my milaana and cooling mouthpiece is essential for me. What are these other ones you're referring to from DH gate do you have a link? Also how do you use j hook with your milaana? My vapefiend cooling piece is still going strong but I am massively paranoid about it breaking so am keen AF to have back ups and alternatives!!
  • BestBuds
    I'll post some links when I'm home from work for ya. :cool: :up:
  • BestBuds
    Here is one

And two!
    this one kinda looks like the Jr size cooling mouthpiece RBT sells.

For the j hook I use a 19mm male to male glass adapter
  • Papic914
    So I’ve narrowed my choices down to 2. The Milaana2 and firewood 5. Anyone have any opinions on y one is better than the other or better different situations ?
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    i have no experience with the Milaana so I cant speak to it, though many seem to love them. The FW5 is a great little vape though. The biggest downsize is going to be the small bowl, but there is 5 of them so its not that big of a deal.
  • BestBuds
    I own both. Honestly, they are both great vapes. The FW5 takes a VERY SLOW & LONG DRAW!!! It can blow clouds don't get me wrong but it can't keep up with the Mi2 in terms of volume. For example I can vape a larger amount of herb in my Mi2 and get a bigger dose but the FW5 can't process the same amount of material in the same amount of time.
    Another thing is you can easily use the Mi2 with water pipes, cooling mouthpieces, j hooks, and other standard size glass pieces. If you don't need a vape that you can pocket like a cell phone get the Mi2 if you need something that is easily pocketed go for the FW5 and just remember to learn how to change the temp settings and take a loooong sloooow draw. I will say the FW5 is an amazing little vape and deserves more recommendations. It's all about what you're looking for.
  • Papic914
    I’ve heard one or two of the bowls will get u to where u wanna b depending on bud quality is this true.
    I would have to give that some more thought. I would like to use this at work and at home for when I don’t wanna sit down for 5-10 minutes and vape a bowl. It doesn’t have to fit in pants pocket or b super small I’m a plumber and usually have extra room for stuff. The 5 bowl tray looks real convenient for work. But will I get those big clouds that other convention Vapes deliver. Now with the milanna my concern is the glass mouthpiece it makes it seem a little less portable for me but I see the crazy clouds it’s delivers in videos. I will definitely have to think about how I am going to use this. Currently I use my dynavap but sometimes I’m not in the mood to play with torches.
  • Microvaper
    Now with the milanna my concern is the glass mouthpiecePapic914

I broke my milaana mouthpiece the day after I bought the milaana and was devastated. It was my fault. Was drinking and had the milaana outside. The mouthpiece slipped out of my hands and shattered. They are super fragile and don't withstand falling onto anything other than carpet. If you're prone to dropping stuff it's a definite consideration. Also definitely limits portability. But all of that aside it's an amazing vape. You could consider a wooden mouthpiece if portability is important to you.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    a lot depends on your tolerance. But i find one bowl gets me good and 2 bowls gets me stooopid. @BestBudshit the nail on the head with the long slow draws comment. If you can take a nice slow, long draw your going to pull some pretty good size clouds. I personally like to stir, but its not absolutely neccesary if your using the higher settings. All in all though this is a great vape and im happy to have it in my collection.
  • BestBuds
    When traveling with the Mi2 I use the XL8RJR mouthpiece. It's really thick glass and it cools the vapor to acceptable levels. I have taken it on weekend jobs doing electrical with my buddy and I have never been afraid of breaking it.
    I used to have a keychain pill can with ground herb in it and a tooth pick rubberbanded to it and I used a smell proof case I got in a Amazon flash sale for $20. It was a great kit to have on the go but not ultra discreet when loading and unloading the stem.
    The FW5 blows clouds, but I feel like it's not as powerful as my Mi2. I'm talking, walk up to the truck, grab the vape and hit it, walk back to do your thing.

The FW5 gets me to a happy place with one bowl. I can take out a bowl in 4 hits if I am really trying.
    The Mi2 can get me to the same happy place with one hit.
    The FW5 is the better pocket vape because it's more contained, but the Mi2 is a more powerful and versatile vape but it suffers in the pocketable area. Can you pocket a Mi2? Sure, but you'll know it's there.

Here is what I prefer to use on any given day. I pack up my FW5 with herb the night before and I put one of Vape Critics pick tools and the FW5 in my case . I use that out and about during the day. When I come home and I am milling around the house I usually have my Mi2 or Splinter Z with me. I usually have my water pipe around with an adapter in it. So if I walk by I'll hit the bong if not I'll have a VapeFiend cooling mouthpiece on it. After dinner when the wife and I are watching TV and winding down for bed I'll use my eNano. So as you can see I use both FW5 and the Mi2/Z daily. They are both top notch and honestly the question should really be, what one to buy first.
  • iamcanadian
    " I am looking for little to no draw resistance, good battery and clouds everything else doesn’t matter so long as I get those features. And I’m in the USA ."

I'm late to this conversation, sadly, and you may have already chosen your new vape. If you are looking for on-demand clouds, I encourage you to stay with conduction ovens. While the Firefly 2, the Ghost, the Da Buddha, and the Boundless offerings are all good steps towards on-demand convection clouds, convection itself will always requires a heatup and air-priming time to get the terpene and cannabinoid clouds rolling. Convection is a two-stage proposition, where the device first has to heat the air, and then the air has to heat the plant matter.

For impatient microdosers like me, I can't stand waiting 80 seconds before I start ingesting clouds. And I loathe having to use special draw techniques like my Firefly 2 requires, or as the Ghost MV-1 is suited for. I just want my hit quickly, with clean clouds and convenient reloading and cleaning.

Ironically, the most analog device in my toolkit is the device that gives me the best on-demand microdosing performance and post-session cleanup. The Magic Flight Launch Box gets me toking within ten seconds of power on. And my herb goes a really long way with this device. Moreover, the airflow through the MFLB is terrific. There is no draw resistance, and you can pull as slow or as fast as you want through thing.

I believe the game-changer feature of the MFLB is the large trench heating chamber. Not only does it contribute to unimpeded draw resistance, it also heats the plant matter quickly, thoroughly, and efficiently. A 1/8 teaspoon of fine-grind herb will last for 5-8 big pulls in this device.

This analog gadget is excellent for one-person microdosing, or group sessions of 2-5 people. Super fast heatup and resistance-free airflow. It cleans so easily too; the trench chamber resists the gooey buildup that happens with most conduction vapes; just a quick brushing is all it takes to clear out the ABV.

magic-flight-launch-box-vaporizer.jpg

magic-flight-launch-box-mflb-colors.jpg

I bought the Launch Box for $119 CAD on sale. It came with the two peeled AA rechargeables, the AA wall charger, and a cleaning brush.

Downsides to the Launch Box:
    • You need to hold the device near-horizontal, or else some herb spills out of the trench heat area.
    • As the batteries deplete, the heatup time lengthens. I swap the battery approximately every 3-4 bowls, or whenever it takes more than 10 seconds to get the chamber clouds rolling.
    • The fragile glass tube is good for home use, but don't take it on dog walks or to the concert, and definitely not on the ski hill, or you'll risk glass shards in your pocket. Get the accessory wooden tube for taking the MFLB out of the house. Or just 'go native' and toke on the wooden box directly without a tube.
    • I bought the MFLB with the decorative etching on the clear cover. I partially regret this, as the etching obscures the view of the herb in the chamber. I recommend buying the clear-cover MFLB with no etching.
    • The little red light indicator for power on could be brighter.
    • While I personally like the analog/steampunk experience of the device, you may prefer color digital displays and digital thermometer readings.

Recommendation 1: use only rounded tools with the Launch Box, like this Skilletools honey tool below. If you have a square-edged or sharp-edged cleaning tool, you risk rupturing the trench chamber heating screen

glo-15089-skilletools-titanium-honeybun-set-4.514_500x500.jpg?v=1496600536

Recommendation 2: if you're going to do group sessions, buy an extra pair of AA rechargeables. The MFLB uses peeled batteries to enable the power circuit. You can use regular disposable batteries if you have the time and patience to peel them. With the rechargeables expect to get 3-4 bowls out of one battery charge (one MFLB bowl is 1/4 heaping teaspoon of medium- or fine-grind herb)

s3564_1024x1024.jpg?v=1490639746

Recommendation 3: finger-grinding your dry herb gets good results in the MFLB, but fine grind definitely gives the thickest clouds. If you use kief, you will get really dense clouds with the Launch Box.

Anyways, I wish you all the best in your vaporizer hunt, and I hope you find a good device that gets you those freeflowing hits quickly!

Peace out!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet