Hey guys I just caught up with all the MV1 threads and read about all your positive, neutral, and negative experiences with it. I'm very glad most of you are loving it, and I'm bummed that some of you aren't, but I'm very confident we'll be able to get this fixed up for everybody and noone will be left hanging.
So, the app, we're all still patiently waiting for this to be ready but it is highly likely that updating your vape through the app will solve most of the issues I've seen.
My buy-back guarantee is now extended for all forum members, so if you're having trouble with your vape your 7-day testing period doesn't start until the app is available for you to download.
These are the main complaints I've seen:
Overheating, charring or uneven vaporization
- The first thing to check if this is happening to you is your loading method, which includes how finely you are grinding your herb and how full & tight you're packing your crucible. If you're loading correctly and still having charring issues then your unit may not be functioning properly and it needs a firmware update (through the app). Resetting your vape to the default heat levels and having the ability to fine tune your temps with the app will really help a lot.
- If you feel like your battery is losing its charge too fast this is also
something that more likely than not will correct itself with the firmware update. If for some reason it does not then Ghost will arrange to get you a free replacement pack.
- New mouthpieces are arriving soon and will be sent for free to anybody that has one that is too tight and is rubbing against the ceramic insert. Ghost will let us know when these are starting to go out.
Silicone in the vapor path
- There's been some debate about the safety of using silicone in vapes, but research shows it is used in a ton of vapes (and other products) and is not harmful at normal vaping temperatures. Even though the hot vapor does not technically hit the ~1-2mm of silicone in this vape some people were still concerned. The Wikipedia page on silicone describes silicone as "generally non-reactive, stable, and resistant to extreme environments and temperatures from -55 °C to +300 °C while still maintaining its useful properties... Silicone rubber can be found in a wide variety of products, including: cooking, baking, & food storage products and medical devices and implants". For anyone still skeptical, google "Silpat silicone baking mat", it's probably the most relevant related product.
Off-gassing and/or weird tastes
- I'm really not sure what this is all about or how it's even possible, but some people are saying that they had to do a burn-off before using the vape, or that they taste something weird when drawing through it. I've never experienced this with any of my units and in fact my experience has been quite the opposite, I'm getting the purest and cleanest tasting vapor I've ever gotten from a portable vape.
Some good things I'm happy to see you're pleased with:
Build quality / look & feel
- I'm glad many of you are finding that the vape looks and feels better in person than it does in my pics and videos, because you're right it does.
Getting lifted from 2-4 draws
- I was hoping to see reports of this and I'm glad most of you are getting to experience what I was trying to get across in my videos - supreme potency and efficiency.
Taste and smoothness
- Happy to see most of you agreeing that the vapor quality is top tier and as good as the top desktop units.
I'm going to start receiving the first returned units tomorrow, and within a few days I should have enough returns tested to know first-hand whether these vapes just need updating or it happens to be user error. I'm guessing it will be a mix of both but we'll know real soon what the split is.
I'm not sure how many I will have but if you're interested in a like-new unit that was personally tested by me please shoot me a PM, I have a short list of people waiting for one. If any of these returned units do in fact need to be updated then I will of course not offer them to anyone until I update them myself and do testing.
Lastly, I've been getting some real nasty comments and messages lately, I'm experiencing more vitriol than ever with this vape. I love you guys and I know this is not representative of my audience as a whole, so if you're one of the nice ones which most of you are, EARMUFFS, because whoever has been going out of their way lately to try and get under my skin, you can go fuck yourselves. Having the balls to send me disrespectful, loser comments that if made to my face it would be lights out, good thing for you there's a screen between us.
Anyway back to business, thank you all again very much for your patience and understanding through this whole launch process, I know blah blah blah, but I really mean it.
ALSO, regarding the new Ghost MV1 category page
, If you don't want all of the MV1 threads showing up on your homepage (All Discussions) then all you have to do is go to the Categories page and uncheck the box next to the Ghost category name.